Pre-Season Friendlies | Vital Football

Pre-Season Friendlies

Lazysid

Vital 1st Team Regular
Latics have confirmed their second pre-season friendly of the summer as they head to Tranmere Rovers on Saturday 14 July, kick-off 3pm.

Already announced
Tommy Lee’s testimonial at Chesterfield on Wednesday 25 July (kick-ff 7pm).

Putting 2 + 2 together and perhaps getting 5 or more .... is that a hint that someone has been purchased from Tranmere ?

Have to say that I had hoped that pre season would be Scotland again.
Had a great time up there (for all of the friendlies) and watched mini megaphone man in action.

Putting 2 + 2 together and perhaps getting 5 or more .... is that a hint that someone has been purchased from Tranmere ?

Have to say that I had hoped that pre season would be Scotland again.
Had a great time up there (for all of the friendlies) and watched mini megaphone man in action.
That was random who was he ?

So to now it's Rangers Chesterfield Tranmere and Rhyll. Doesn't seem many that with the amount of players we have. Surely there's going to be some more.

From official fixture list on Website (First team in BOLD).

LEEDS UNITED U23's (A) SAT 07/07
WBA U18's (H) TUE 10/07 - Christopher Park
CREWE U18's (A) SAT 14/07
TRANMERE ROVERS (A) SAT 14/07
WHITCHURCH ALPORT (A) TUE 17/07

BLACKBURN ROVERS U18's (H) SAT 21/07
CHESTERFIELD (A) WED 25/07
RANGERS (A) SUN 29/07

Fredrikstad (U18 Game) - Christopher Park - TUE 31/07

EDIT: Rhyl don't seem to be included on our website. Does anyone know why?

Whitchurch has just been updated to say U23 (It did not say that at the time of post).

Llandudno has also been added for the Youth team and now Rhyll for the first team.

I see we had a closed door fitness game at Euxton yesterday against Crewe 22 players involved 0-1 for what its worth.

I think maybe we are a bit light on friendlies this year anyone agree ?

I'm guessing they'll slot an additional one in for a fortnight on Saturday. Season is just over 4 weeks away and mid season seems to have flown by this year. Given the World Cup is still ongoing that start date seems really early, I know it's been that way for a few years but I remember when it used to be end of August not the start of it.

I'm guessing they'll slot an additional one in for a fortnight on Saturday. Season is just over 4 weeks away and mid season seems to have flown by this year. Given the World Cup is still ongoing that start date seems really early, I know it's been that way for a few years but I remember when it used to be end of August not the start of it.
That was before we had all these" International breaks" that do nothing but disrupt the season and make it start earlier when a lot of people are on holiday.

I see we had a closed door fitness game at Euxton yesterday against Crewe 22 players involved 0-1 for what its worth.

I think maybe we are a bit light on friendlies this year anyone agree ?

We are light compared to past years but the lack of 1st team friendlies will be by design. It'd be so easy to organise more games if we wanted to so it's obviously part of the plan, i imagine the players will just end up playing more behind closed doors games as needed.