Pre season friendlies. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Pre season friendlies.

I don't think we should read to much in Ogilvie playing today. There is clearly a chance but that's all at present.

Good to hear that young Jack is seriously primed for the new season. Quite possible that he will truly "breakout" and become a hot property during the upcoming campaign.
Or perhaps he already has got interest?
It could result in a slightly bigger budget if one of our players were subject of a bid.A lot of clubs appear to have left there squads much lighter than usual.

Or perhaps he already has got interest?
It could result in a slightly bigger budget if one of our players were subject of a bid.A lot of clubs appear to have left there squads much lighter than usual.

Agree Chris. I`m sure he`s already on the radar of a number of higher league clubs; but this year could work out very well for him - and also GFC !

Agree Chris. I`m sure he`s already on the radar of a number of higher league clubs; but this year could work out very well for him - and also GFC !
Judging on past comments we need half a million a year in sales to balance the books .I can't see Covid changing that unless it is more right now .So a offer of a million plus I would guess would buy anyone.But we probably share that situation with a great many clubs right now.

All that can be taken from his inclusion today is that both parties are still interested otherwise he wouldn’t have been out there
My own guess is he has been offered more money but it would possibly mean not playing regularly.We can never match others that he could agree to sign for.
The question could be is Evans to go with very limited reserve resources up front in order to sign Ogilvie ?

Portsmouth were rumoured to have made a derisory bid of around £200k, which was swiftly turned down, but I don’t think they want to pay whatever figure Scally was asking for him.

Has Billy achieved a first by whoosing himself?🤣

There were definitely pics of Ogilvie warming up with the squad on Twitter yesterday in the build up to the game, which I cant find now. But were those pictures actually from yesterday?
Eh?

Ogilvie definitely played. SE was asked about our chances of re-signing him and he said “Never say never”.

Was apparently simply helping out because Max and Tutonda were not available due to the Covid protocols. But then SE also said Connor had been training with us all last week. All very weird.

It's all very weird. He was named as a trialist on the team sheet and not mentioned once by name on the gills Twitter match feed. The pictures of him warming up seem to have disappeared too.

I personally thought hed have been snapped up by now. Really risky from Ogilvies point of view playing in a friendly simply to 'help out'.

. Really risky from Ogilvies point of view playing in a friendly simply to 'help out'.

It is also in Ogilvie's interest to get pitch time and get in some sort of pre-season training in so he has a better chance of hitting the ground running when he does sign a contract somewhere. Helping out too will also help him if he struggles to find an acceptable offer elsewhere as helping out keeps the door open to him accepting a late contract from us, although I would expect in such case for it to be for just a year as with Samuel and Jordan.

Judging on past comments we need half a million a year in sales to balance the books .I can't see Covid changing that unless it is more right now .So a offer of a million plus I would guess would buy anyone.But we probably share that situation with a great many clubs right now.

If Jack has the kind of season that correlates to his potential , then it would probably take around £1m to lure him away. There will be plenty watching - he`s already on the radar.

It's all very weird. He was named as a trialist on the team sheet and not mentioned once by name on the gills Twitter match feed. The pictures of him warming up seem to have disappeared too.

I personally thought hed have been snapped up by now. Really risky from Ogilvies point of view playing in a friendly simply to 'help out'.

Being called “triallist” and not officially mentioned I think is probably to do with him not being registered with us. I reckon it’s some kind of rule, maybe concerning insurance or PFA regs.

Being called “triallist” and not officially mentioned I think is probably to do with him not being registered with us. I reckon it’s some kind of rule, maybe concerning insurance or PFA regs.

I agree that's the only reason

I have a finally feeling he will sign a one year deal soon

NB "undisclosed" of course