Pre Season Friendlies Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

Pre Season Friendlies Thread

Considering all of the friendlies so far, there have been a few pleasant surprises for me. Barney, Bree, Rhm and Davis have all looked good in the limited minutes they’ve had. I’d be happy for all of them to be backup/rotation.
I’d have to disagree, RHM best play from him for a long time, but bar him not sure I’d want to rely on the others. That said the likes of Elmo and Tres still to come along with El Ghazi and I’m sure at least Douglas will get over the line,

Of the 2nd 11, I feel

I would like to keep O'Hare and RHM in the squad. They both look to have something, and I hope they are on our bench.

Davis ,, Bree, as Green, not ready for the Prem and maybe will never be. Loan to a lower championship club.

Hogan - just a waste of a squad number really. We can only have 25, and I would rather give the two youngsters above one - loan or sell.

Bjarn - useful squad player, but whether he is happy with that, who knows.

McGinn we all know about

The rest, didnt really stand out, good or bad

Im delighted with Grealish, Wesley, Jota. Hope McGinn gels in with Jota on that right flank and Trezeguet gels on that left with Grealish and Targett. I want to see more of Guilbert, got a bad feeling about his abilities.

Lansbury, Barney and Hourihane are all good backups but we need to get Douglas over the line. That Defensive midfield/deep lying playmaker role is so crucial to Dean's system I feel.

I thought it was a good run out. What stood out though was when all the subs came on there was lots of energy on the pitch but a lot off the class had gone. Still to be expected. Looking forward to the season and the starting eleven.

Good run out.

I just wish we'd play some friendlies against a higher level. We can't say we're ready for the PL after friendlies against Shreswbury, Walsall and Charlton. Ok we have Leipzig but we should be able to do better than this.

Ok, these may of been pencilled in before the play-off final but even so.......

Yes not sure about Freddie. Very good going forward but defensively I'm not sure. Still that doesn't seem to matter for full backs these days.

Good run out.

I just wish we'd play some friendlies against a higher level. We can't say we're ready for the PL after friendlies against Shreswbury, Walsall and Charlton. Ok we have Leipzig but we should be able to do better than this.

Yeah wouldn't mind seeing the defence tested a couple more times before spurs. I'd say Charlton will have a go at us but it's not the same.

Good run out.

Charlton are a championship side and Leipzig will be a very good test. I think the fixtures are fine .

I think that was the issue this year, all the top sides play in these silly trophies, and you have to be in the Prem to play in them. When they were arranged, we weren't.

Not a lot we could have done this year to be fair

I remember back in 70s a home pre season against the noses. About 37000 in the ground, a lovely summers day and real fiesty affair. Never going to happen again.

For charlton the game against us will be their last before the season starts, so they should be more up for it and have better fitness so it’s not too bad opposition to play next week