Pre Season Friendlies Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

Pre Season Friendlies Thread

You can read nothing into a friendly, didn't we draw with Watford a couple of years back. It is played at half pace and players won't commit to tackles so that hopefully no-one gets injured.

ATM all they are interested in is setting up partnerships and a system of play.

Y
ATM all they are interested in is setting up partnerships and a system of play.

Also trying to keep all the players thinking they are in with a shout at Spurs, must be difficult to do.
Neither of the two sides selected will start at Spurs we all know that.

Mixing them like that doesn't exactly give time for partnerships to develop, I expect to see the game in Leipzig as the first time the 1st team will appear together, we haven't bought these players to sit on the bench or at least we'd better not have done.

Mings Jack SJM Wesley Guilbert Jota are nailed on to start I think,

Steer, Targett, one of either Konsa or Engels probably Anwar one the left and anyone's guess who will play the 3rd midfielder hopefully Douglas if he ever signs

Also trying to keep all the players thinking they are in with a shout at Spurs, must be difficult to do.
Neither of the two sides selected will start at Spurs we all know that.

Mixing them like that doesn't exactly give time for partnerships to develop, I expect to see the game in Leipzig as the first time the 1st team will appear together, we haven't bought these players to sit on the bench or at least we'd better not have done.

Mings Jack SJM Wesley Guilbert Jota are nailed on to start I think,

Steer, Targett, one of either Konsa or Engels probably Anwar one the left and anyone's guess who will play the 3rd midfielder hopefully Douglas if he ever signs
Yeah, it appears that Douglas (or whoever we eventually sign) will be the glue - he does sound exciting, just hope that his relegation last year doesn't affect him mentally.

You have to applaud the management team for arranging the match with Shrewsbury. It's great to get that experience of almost playing a foreign team while staying in England.

No sign of Kalinic and steer looked the shakiest he has in a long time. Wonder if he’d been told that a new keeper joining?
From reports Kalinic was warming Steer up. Wasn't there myself so can't say for sure but if he is off, why take him to the US tour? I guess we will know sometime this week as we get linked with even more bizarre goalkeepers.

This saga is turning into a conspiracy theorist's wet dream :lol:

From reports Kalinic was warming Steer up. Wasn't there myself so can't say for sure but if he is off, why take him to the US tour? I guess we will know sometime this week as we get linked with even more bizarre goalkeepers.

This saga is turning into a conspiracy theorist's wet dream :lol:

No Cutler warmed Steer up. Kalanic was nowhere to be seen. As I said earlier , there were a lot of rumours about at the ground that he was off on loan.

Wesley is quick as well. With Super Jack , Jota and Anwar loading the bullets I can see him doing well.
He is quick sir den but when he starts to run he reminds me of : crouch and savo but I'm sure he will do better than both of them .

No Cutler warmed Steer up. Kalanic was nowhere to be seen. As I said earlier , there were a lot of rumours about at the ground that he was off on loan.

Last season there were rumours pre-match at VP about Kodjia storming off to France after being dropped. That proved to be pretty wide of the mark

We don’t need to play SJ. Can we wrap him in cotton wool. There was one tackle yesterday when I thought he was going to have his ankle done. I actually shouted ‘no!’ out loud at the tv.

He is sooooooo....important

BFMVrCP.jpg

The road to Leipzig has led us to Warsaw.