Pre Season Friendlies 2021 | Page 11 | Vital Football

Pre Season Friendlies 2021

Good performance enjoyed being back and am more eager to get started. No team sheet no team announced only as we were going in. Nothing on big screen only the Badge. Announcer was rubbish could not tell a word he said Hope it Better on Friday and we might be able to know who our players are and what subs came on. Up the TICS

Opening 20 minutes, pretty dull but us and the game in general got increasingly better from there on in….their keeper made two good saves and Jones made a good one for us at 0-0….Lang turned very well on the edge of the box and scored a good goal….decent passes to feet in the build up also.
Had a second chance shortly after running from halfway but defenders caught up with him at the point of shooting, maybe could and should have played in Wyke.
Wake didn’t get any service but put himself about and won his fair share of headers and challenges.
Several players had a ‘brain fart‘ but got away with them, other than Darikwa who got caught in possession and they scored from it.
Tom Pearce got done up like a kipper twice by Tom Ince.
Whatmough and Edwards looked very good …..Second half a bit more disjointed as Stoke changed almost the whole team ….we caught up with a couple of subs and then FIVE subs at once on 77 minutes.
Will Keane came on at HT and looked very good ….he set up Humphrys for a tap in after a weak back pass from Stoke.
none of the subs were ’announced‘ other than Keane for Lang so not certain who all the replacements were but the lad who I guess maybe the winger from Tranmere had a couple of cracking ‘Yanic’ runs where he just surged past people …..all in all quite entertaining for a friendly and a few good individual performances …a few individual errors but no one had a bad game really.
Encouraging ….and looking forward to Friday

Enjoyed the game tonight, great to be back, roll on Friday!

Only one thing pissed me off, that was the announcer.
He didnt keep us informed of who was coming on or being taken off, it took him 2 minutes to announce Humphrys had scored, yet he announced every move to a empty stadium last season.

Otherwise, good night and win.

Nic Powell was their best player creating everything they did. At the end he was the only Stoke player left on field talking to Jamie Jones for ages and acknowledging several other Latics. Maybe Jones was telling him to come back. 😉

What were the pies like anyone who went? Notice the club have been deathly silent regarding a catering deal. Perhaps scared to tell us that once again Galloways has been overlooked for the cheap option...Hitting

Feel kinda bad for viv ngl

What were the goals like? I can't find a link to them anywhere.

Would anybody please provide player ratings? Thanks.

First goal

Zeb described the second some posts above yours. Couldn't find a vid of it though sorry.

Will Keane came on at HT and looked very good ….he set up Humphrys for a tap in after a weak back pass from Stoke.

Wonder why extended highlights can usually be found on the opponent's web sites like this?
Looking at that there is one thing we will have to consider and that's managing our style of play come winter. The pitch is going to be a mess by then looking at it at the moment. It isn't going to last. That is going to affect the way we play.

Wonder why extended highlights can usually be found on the opponent's web sites like this?
Looking at that there is one thing we will have to consider and that's managing our style of play come winter. The pitch is going to be a mess by then looking at it at the moment. It isn't going to last. That is going to affect the way we play.

Most of the ground staff were laid off during the admin period and they have only just been replaced so hopefully the pitch will improve over the next few weeks.

One thing they could do for the next friendly against Preston is put the squad numbers up on the big screen to allow us to identify the players. I found it very frustrating last night trying to work out who was who. All the new faces are unfamiliar to most of us and it would be appreciated if the club could either use the big screen or give us a handout leaflet with the full list of players and their respective squad numbers. There were also no names on the players shirts also increasing the frustration of myself and those around me throughout the game.

Plus the shirt numbers on the shirt are poor and almost impossible to see. They need to change the colour to black or white or even red. Anything that stands out. PLEASE
Spot on. I could not distinguish any of the numbers last night. Red would be ideal and would actually enhance the shirt the same way it did for the West Brom shirt a good few years ago. (showing my age there.)