Pre Season Friendlies 2021 | Page 17 | Vital Football

Pre Season Friendlies 2021

Well Kenneth my statement was maybe a tad OTT but yours just bust the scales.
The best ever football under those three FFS!
Blinkered spectacles there. Boring, turgid,negative tippy tappy, passing for the sake of it football.
Paul Jewels promotion years were like nothing else. The best football by a million miles.
I think many (most?) would have that unbelievable conclusion to the season under Roberto as being the best football ever displayed by a Tics team JR ....... with that first half vs Newcastle as the absolute epitome of "icing on the cake".

Each to their own, mind you.

Half a match against NUFC, 10 mins against West Ham, 10 mins against Arsenal and 10 minutes against Man Utd equates to 75 minutes good football under Roberto.
What about the other 10185 miutes of the three seasons he was manager.
We had some good spells and we were at the highest level of football, but 99% of the time it was as JK says boring and turgid.
The amount of times corners and freekicks in the final third ended up back with our keeper was ridiculous.
A steward came and tapped me on the arm during a match once, he thought I'd died, he was so sorry when he realised he had woken me up.

We have had some good teams over the years. One thing Bobby did was win us the fa cup. But some of his football was boring watching it. And let’s not forget he also took us down. jewels side. Was always. On the front foot. But premier league. Steve Bruce’s side was the best.

I honestly feel Graeme Jones won us the FA Cup

As I said, each to their own. We all have our own views. On teams, on players, on managers (including assistants) on tactics, on performances, on everything.

It'd be boring on a discussion forum if we all thought the same.

Strange thing I've just been reading about friendlies (not ours). Apparently as the Man Utd game was postponed, as well as playing us on the Friday, Preston won a game 5-0 on the Saturday, bizarrely it had been agreed before the game that PNE could post a report on their website, but not who they'd played