Pre season fixtures | Page 6 | Vital Football

Pre season fixtures

NORWICH (5-4-1): Krul; Aarons, Omobamidele, Zimmermann (C), Gibson, Giannoulis; Rupp, Lees-Melou, Gilmour, Dowell; Idah. Subs: Gunn (GK), Tomkinson, Sorensen, McLean, Adshead, Pukki

NEWCASTLE (5-3-2): Woodman; Murphy, Fernandez, Krafth, Clark, Ritchie; Hayden, Sean Longstaff, Almiron; Joelinton, Wilson. Subs: Gillespie (GK), Langley (GK) Matty Longstaff, Scharr, Lascelles, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Gayle, Lewis, Hendrick, Manquillo, Fraser, Watts

NORWICH (5-4-1): Krul; Aarons, Omobamidele, Zimmermann (C), Gibson, Giannoulis; Rupp, Lees-Melou, Gilmour, Dowell; Idah. Subs: Gunn (GK), Tomkinson, Sorensen, McLean, Adshead, Pukki

NEWCASTLE (5-3-2): Woodman; Murphy, Fernandez, Krafth, Clark, Ritchie; Hayden, Sean Longstaff, Almiron; Joelinton, Wilson. Subs: Gillespie (GK), Langley (GK) Matty Longstaff, Scharr, Lascelles, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Gayle, Lewis, Hendrick, Manquillo, Fraser, Watts
Zimbo omadele, rupp, idah and dowell shpuldnt be anywhere near 1st team in prem imo

Zimbo omadele, rupp, idah and dowell shpuldnt be anywhere near 1st team in prem imo
Sorry 76, you are going to be very disappointed. Without a decent central defender signing you are stuck with Omi and Zimbo. GH and Gibbo will always play if fit. KD and LR will always get the nod from DF. We are just not a premiership outfit. If we do finish 17th, then the squad we have will have played very well indeed. I listened to the game on NUFC TV and we did okay first half when they were just walking.

Agree entirely 76 , Half of our team are too lightweight for the Prem . After all the hype and crap over beating Gillingham reserves , this result shows where we are . Has everyone forgotten what it’s like in th e Prem ? FFS
Buy a quality striker and a defender NCFC

Sorry 76, you are going to be very disappointed. Without a decent central defender signing you are stuck with Omi and Zimbo. GH and Gibbo will always play if fit. KD and LR will always get the nod from DF. We are just not a premiership outfit. If we do finish 17th, then the squad we have will have played very well indeed. I listened to the game on NUFC TV and we did okay first half when they were just walking.
Totally agree kevin sadly

Agree entirely 76 , Half of our team are too lightweight for the Prem . After all the hype and crap over beating Gillingham reserves , this result shows where we are . Has everyone forgotten what it’s like in th e Prem ? FFS
Buy a quality striker and a defender NCFC
Ive been beating that drum for ages, ajer went elsewhere, if bees stay up Ajer will probably be worth 25m plus season end you watch. And a striker, well we always go cheap unproven root, worked with Pukki obviously but jurys still out on him at prem lvl over the course of a whole season

Tough to take but without Cantwell and Rashica in particular, we were in trouble once Saint-Maxim came on to run at us. Seven players out isolating but better at this point than in mid-season, I suppose. Pre-season interrupted by it all and Hanley hasn’t played a minute of it and is still not back. Next week looks likely to see Gibson partnered by Omobamidel/Zimbo or both. Zimmermann is too slow and young Andrew has a huge amount to learn, talk about “ordeal by fire” against Liverpool!
Lots to worry about.
Daniel Farke said he expects the opening weeks to be “bumpy” he’s not wrong, I reckon. On this evidence, an experienced centre-back is the number one priority, Gayle showed up Zimmermann a couple of times…

Tough to take but without Cantwell and Rashica in particular, we were in trouble once Saint-Maxim came on to run at us. Seven players out isolating but better at this point than in mid-season, I suppose. Pre-season interrupted by it all and Hanley hasn’t played a minute of it and is still not back. Next week looks likely to see Gibson partnered by Omobamidel/Zimbo or both. Zimmermann is too slow and young Andrew has a huge amount to learn, talk about “ordeal by fire” againstLiverpool!
Lots to worry about.
Daniel Farke said he expects the opening weeks to be “bumpy” he’s not wrong, I reckon. On this evidence, an experienced centre-back is the number one priority, Gayle showed up Zimmermann a couple of times…
It says something when were aching to get hanley back as our main defender, he was great last season but i still remember how bad he was in 2018/19 season. Zimbo is a cart horse compared to anyone with any sort of pace, hes another one that needs to be moved on. Omodele shouldnt have to be thrust into prem action after barely breaking through into our 1st team, it can make or break him but playing in a struggling team will most likely be bad for him. Again the club missed out again as they wouldnt pay the extra to get main target defender in when they know about omodele and zimbo plus hanley. We will continue to be porous and dud up top with current squad. I know its only a loss in pre season without 3/4 players but i still dont think we have enough with current squad.