Pre-Season/CL Qualifiers 15/16 | Page 15 | Vital Football

Pre-Season/CL Qualifiers 15/16

welch47 - 25/8/2015 21:02

Why GMS doesn't start is beyond me.

Not played well recently in fairness. I'd have gone with Forrest and Armstrong too. However, Johansen hasn't had a great game so I might have dropped him, put Armstrong in his position and put GMS on the wing....

We've lost....on the night we didn't deserve it. We should have made kept it safe in the first leg and not been so slack at the back but we've been slack again tonight. Malmo's defence is NOT good, but they haven't conceded at home in Europe for a LONG time, that's what we need to aim to be doing!
There's been no creativity, no drive, no urgency and we simply haven't played well enough.

They've had their antics tonight, but we have to rise above that! We've generally always had to do that!

Good luck to Malmo in the Champions League, back to back seasons in the Champions League, they're similar to us in that they can play at that level but to really push on they need season after season of it. To be fair to them they've done it. We need to start doing that as well. Lets go out and get us a better striker and a good CB and go into the Europa League and give it all we've got! We need to strengthen though!

Out without even a whimper tonight. That defence & the zonal marking we use spunk goals in the spfl ffs. Ronny needs his baws toed for allowing that defence to spunk cheap goals against even the shitiest of spl fodder.

He was schooled by that fuckin ride of a manger of theirs.

We'll now 'invest' for the Europa now that our arse has been dumped there again, but won't do the same to reach the CL or for the supporters.

TicV"Establishment" - 25/8/2015 21:41

Out without even a whimper tonight. That defence & the zonal marking we use spunk goals in the spfl ffs. Ronny needs his baws toed for allowing that defence to spunk cheap goals against even the shitiest of spl fodder.

He was schooled by that fuckin ride of a manger of theirs.

We'll now 'invest' for the Europa now that our arse has been dumped there again, but won't do the same to reach the CL or for the supporters.

We didn't even learn during the game! That's one of those things that Ronny is big on, learning about your opponent during the game and stopping them from doing something if it works once or twice.
Take Janko for example, he was getting beaten easily by Berget to start with but he quickly realised what was going on and he worked hard to stop it!
Btw, Berget was not a flop at Celtic. He scored twice on his debut, you can see he's a player. He was coming back to playing regular with us and then Deila brought in other players he thought were better and Berget wasn't getting game time, that's why we let him go, for his own good. Turns out the players who came in, Tonev and Wakaso are probably not any better than Berget.

We're being gubbed by teams with fewer resources than us. We've allowed that to happen. No one else is to blame. Successive Celtic teams and managers have found out the hard way.

I wanted Ronny in, but I also said, as I'm sure you guys will recall, that I thought we'd struggle to make the CL group stages again with him at the helm. That was purely down to the open type of football he wants to play. But out main problem remains further up the food chain. By my reckoning PL & DD have cost us the best part of 30m over the past few seasons due to their bargain basement punts on a never-ending list of utterly shite footballers.

And sorry, but just like most of the teams in it, I really couldn't give a flying fuck about the Europa league.

TicV"Establishment" - 25/8/2015 22:33

Still, at least we're not perennial petrofac cup also rans like that new wee skint sevco shower of shite :emoticon:19

:emoticon:10 :emoticon:03 :emoticon:01

Will be interesting to see how much we go and spend. We clearly still need to strengthen. Need a bit more experience into the team to help the younger guys out! I don't just mean older players, I mean players who have experience of European football!

Latest Celtic News