Pre-Season 2022/23 | Vital Football

Pre-Season 2022/23

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Another friendly has just been announced tonight in that we will play away to Benfica. The friendly game is for the Eusébio Cup and will be played on Tuesday 26th July.

This is the third game announced so far after two home games were scheduled. Atalanta on Friday 29th July and Athletic Bilbao the next day. On Saturday 30th July.

No disrespect but it makes a change to York, Donny, and Burton as last season showed. Not sure how many years ago it was but I was on holiday in Skiathos and we played Chelsea in the final of some pre season tournament. I went by boat to the main town where a bar had the game on tv. Went to extra time and pens and yes we lost. Think there was only two Chelsea fans there and loads of Mags.

No disrespect but it makes a change to York, Donny, and Burton as last season showed. Not sure how many years ago it was but I was on holiday in Skiathos and we played Chelsea in the final of some pre season tournament. I went by boat to the main town where a bar had the game on tv. Went to extra time and pens and yes we lost. Think there was only two Chelsea fans there and loads of Mags.

Aye I agree Mac. Maybe it's about levels. Previous Ashley run teams had a low expectation and played against teams we competed against for signings but now we seem to be shopping in a completely different shop altogether hence the better quality opposition.

If we get the signings rumoured, the realistic ones, then these games will be a good parameter to where we are.