Pre-Match View From Brighton | Vital Football

Pre-Match View From Brighton

Gash - Tick
Physical - Tick
Direct - Tick
Well drilled- Tick
Hard working - Tick
Journeymen - Tick

I've always said it, when you spend an eternity getting 6,000 attendances and then suddenly jump to 30,000 what you're actually attracting is a bunch of clueless know fuck alls.
And as it happens most of the clubs with this level of increase in support are shit clubs in the South that want to be a part of the trendy new football renaissance but can't get tickets for Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal.

"Wilder’s very well drilled journeymen playing to 110% of their ability"

How effing condescending?! Hope Wilder pins this up on the dressing room wall.

Can't say i've any strong feelin's towards them as a club but ya alluss get some fans that are silly when they talk football,every club has em,even us.The song by SIR RODERICK,Brighton Beach is superb tho. UTMPB

"The smaller the club the bigger the condescencion"

A truism from the 'View From' threads?

I'm impressed by the guy who thinks we play very narrow. He's obviously seen us play a lot...

I've seen "journeymen" used quite a lot to describe us, but how many of our players would actually qualify for that name? Leon obviously would, but has only played about ten minutes of Premier League football this season. Billy and Didzy maybe, but only if you count the clubs they have been on loan at. I'm struggling otherwise. Jags is our oldest and most experienced player, but he has only represented two clubs professionally!

I'm impressed by the guy who thinks we play very narrow. He's obviously seen us play a lot...

I've seen "journeymen" used quite a lot to describe us, but how many of our players would actually qualify for that name? Leon obviously would, but has only played about ten minutes of Premier League football this season. Billy and Didzy maybe, but only if you count the clubs they have been on loan at. I'm struggling otherwise. Jags is our oldest and most experienced player, but he has only represented two clubs professionally!

Depends on the definition you are applying SRE- here's the 1st google

1. a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
    "a solid journeyman professional"

2. 2.
    HISTORICAL
    a trained worker who is employed by someone else.
    "a journeyman carpenter"
    Cambidge dictionary

a worker who has a skill that makes them able to do a particular job, and who usually works for someone else

any worker who produces good but not excellent work
    For myself i see it as a 'damning with faint praise' word i.e not directly insulting hut a disguised reference to bing just about OK
    I'm glad we've got 9 or 10 of these grafting for us every week.