Pre match protest on Tuesday | Page 10 | Vital Football

Pre match protest on Tuesday

Depends which youngsters you come across I suppose, it's not a word I've heard my kids or their mates use over the years but maybe they've been careful not to use it around me šŸ¤”
Either way, doesn't make it right and the fact that some shouted it at SE doesn't make it right either. Directing it at someone on a written public forum is illegal as I have pointed out numerous times to some on this very board. If we can't have a difference of views without calling the other person a c***, we're in a pretty bad state.
Freedom of speech is fine until it crosses the line of decency and lawfulness.

Don't disagree with any of that. My elder two deny swearing but their younger sister says different when I'm not aroundo_O

My point was more we didn't have Scally banning half the RE when they were chanting the C word at SE when he was opposition manager, but now its him on the recieveing end of it its different.

Don't disagree with any of that. My elder two deny swearing but their younger sister says different when I'm not aroundo_O

My point was more we didn't have Scally banning half the RE when they were chanting the C word at SE when he was opposition manager, but now its him on the recieveing end of it its different.
I think we are pretty much in agreement on all that. For me, the subtle difference is that shouting stuff at an opposition manager is all to do with a tribal dislike of someone who had had a bit of previous with Hess.
Where I have a bit of a problem is someone singling out a guy online for vile abuse, on a regular basis, for all to see, just because he disagrees with how he runs his business. The whole SOB thing smacks of ignorance, aggression and thuggery. If only the whole thing was run with a bit of reason, I have no doubt they would drum up a lot more support.
If it was me on the receiving end of all this rubbish, the bloke wouldn't be allowed anywhere near my pub/shop/football club, no matter how long he'd been a customer.

You couldnā€™t make it up. SOK says we desperately need the support. The first reply is from the SOB doing exactly the opposite to what SOK is appealing for. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

The tribes have taken sides.
Support the team not the regime !!
They are having a laugh if thatā€™s the response to a senior player asking for the fans to get behind the team.
Maybe itā€™s better for all if they just stay away because they are certainly not helping the team morale.

I too am extremely uncomfortable with the idea of arresting or banning supporters in the streets outside the ground.

We do, after all, live in a democracy with the right to free expression.

This isn't Russia, Azerbaijan or Venezuela, where the authorities can see fit to act on the authority of the government or receive bribes from an oligarch to detain or censor someone with opposing views.

Do you know or suspect that making arrests looked a likely possibility ? I wasn`t there so am just asking. I thought it was a peaceful small demo, so am surprised, and disappointed, if police behaviour generated the uncomfortable idea, to some, that any of the SOB would likely be arrested. I assumed it was just GFC staff that took any kind of action, or looked likely to take action over entry to the ground.

Would you believe, there was an ā€œundergroundā€ tourist advertising campaign for the Northern Territory over here, with the slogan -

ā€œC U in the NTā€.

I kid you not.

Apparently tho, their display gear (T shirts, signs, mugs etc) are banned from being sold in Darwin

I donā€™t think the authorities were best pleasedā€¦..

The Cobblers had a similar problem, I believe.

Before he started doing his regular communications, he was slated for being unapproachable and not communicating with the fans.
Dammed if you do ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
Complaint #1 - Lack of communication

Complaint #2 - Content and style of communication

#1 and #2 are separable, so "Damned if you do....etc" doesn't seem applicable here.
(Of course if one considers all of PS's missives OK, then maybe it is.:unsure:)

Content - he cannot be discussing team issues. Thatā€™s the managerā€™s job.

Style - it is what it is. He cannot pretend to be someone else.

You couldnā€™t make it up. SOK says we desperately need the support. The first reply is from the SOB doing exactly the opposite to what SOK is appealing for. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

GITB bloke received a call from Harvey Lintott last night to say ā€œhelloā€ after GITB bloke Tweeted about his own mental health last night.

Response from one of the SOB... ...itā€™s an orchestrated from PS to get a few retweets from GITB! Some people will twist even the kindest gestures against PS!

Content - he cannot be discussing team issues. Thatā€™s the managerā€™s job.

Style - it is what it is. He cannot pretend to be someone else.

It is authentic - thatā€™s for sure. But he could do with a bit of training - or at least a media man who can do some creative editing to cut out the shite.

Personally, I think the communication is markedly improved from where it was a year ago.

GITB bloke received a call from Harvey Lintott last night to say ā€œhelloā€ after GITB bloke Tweeted about his own mental health last night.

Response from one of the SOB... ...itā€™s an orchestrated from PS to get a few retweets from GITB! Some people will twist even the kindest gestures against PS!

I saw that and was going to reply but didn't want the original very important message to turn into a free for all. To be fair, the bloke who posted those comments has since apologised to Matt who runs GITB and he has accepted the apology. Proper moody with all things Gills at the moment.

I saw that and was going to reply but didn't want the original very important message to turn into a free for all. To be fair, the bloke who posted those comments has since apologised to Matt who runs GITB and he has accepted the apology. Proper moody with all things Gills at the moment.

I remember that Deano beano bloke from when I was on Twitter - numpty

Yeah. Since apologised to Matt in the same breath saying ā€œI wasnā€™t apologising to the club. Scally and his gang can go fā€¦ themselvesā€.

One of Kentā€™s finest. No wonder most fans just canā€™t get behind their cause.

Yeah. Since apologised to Matt in the same breath saying ā€œI wasnā€™t apologising to the club. Scally and his gang can go fā€¦ themselvesā€.

One of Kentā€™s finest. No wonder most fans just canā€™t get behind their cause.
While I think it was harsh to call Dom one, even if it was a ā€œtypoā€ by Baghdad Rob, Iā€™d probably agree that Deano does come across as a bellend.
Keefy your posting Domā€™s most abusive tweet about Scally isnā€™t really reflective of the stuff he usually posts.

This angst among our own has been simmering for some time though. I remember a fight breaking out between 3/4 Gills fans pre kick off at the play off final in 2009. It was all over something pathetic like a seat mix up or something but I remember wondering why our fans can't even get on with each other on a happy day like that.
I've made less and less effort to go over the last five years or so as I've felt that the crowd has got more and more cynical and quick to get on the player's backs.
Maybe my advancing years and drop in tolerance levels but I just can't be around idiots for any length of time any more (although a vast minority obviously) and I just don't enjoy going.

While I think it was harsh to call Dom one, even if it was a ā€œtypoā€ by Baghdad Rob, Iā€™d probably agree that Deano does come across as a bellend.
Keefy your posting Domā€™s most abusive tweet about Scally isnā€™t really reflective of the stuff he usually posts.

Fair call Lark. I probably only remember the worst of them. Although this one is one of his most recent (after Crewe game).

TBF it is a corker of a post to have linked to your name forever more. Hope no one goes trawling through my last 20 years of posts šŸ˜‰

This angst among our own has been simmering for some time though. I remember a fight breaking out between 3/4 Gills fans pre kick off at the play off final in 2009. It was all over something pathetic like a seat mix up or something but I remember wondering why our fans can't even get on with each other on a happy day like that.
I've made less and less effort to go over the last five years or so as I've felt that the crowd has got more and more cynical and quick to get on the player's backs.
Maybe my advancing years and drop in tolerance levels but I just can't be around idiots for any length of time any more (although a vast minority obviously) and I just don't enjoy going.

Playoffs bring out the big crowds and lots of hangers on.

I remember being in the tube after the man City play-off. Big stand off between Chelsea and West Ham "gills fans" in our carriage.

The angst has been growing though I agree. Now is a good time to come to games though nobby. The crowd feels like it given up. No tension at all on Tuesday. I'm really interested to gauge the tension in the air on Saturday. Whilst the players haven't given up it felt like the crowd had.

Playoffs bring out the big crowds and lots of hangers on.

I remember being in the tube after the man City play-off. Big stand off between Chelsea and West Ham "gills fans" in our carriage.

The angst has been growing though I agree. Now is a good time to come to games though nobby. The crowd feels like it given up. No tension at all on Tuesday. I'm really interested to gauge the tension in the air on Saturday. Whilst the players haven't given up it felt like the crowd had.

I sensed that air of fatalism on Tuesday too. I wonder how much it was down to a sense that Evans would be gone on the morrow. If he is staying I trust him and the players to give it a real go to stay in the division and that should inspire a small but hardcore support.

On a related note, cheer up Nobby. Retirement will allow a little time for reflection and the fading of the nonsense that you have had to deal with these last years. Too many of our people, probably others too, are quick to default to anger and abuse but the rest are getting kinder.

Bloody hell mate, and they let you hold a firearm too donā€™t they? Good job you donā€™t carry it to games, huh?
Criminals I can deal with, it's just stupid people I struggle with šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
As Jogills says, I'll have a bit of time in my hands soon so going to matches won't be the logistical nightmare that it is now and I'll be more inclined to go.
I know we've always been a relatively lowly side but there always seemed to be more of a sense of (gallows) humour about it. Too many people seem to lose their rag a lot quicker now and really need to get some sort of perspective.