Pre match protest on Tuesday | Vital Football

Pre match protest on Tuesday

Yes seen it mentioned on Fred’s forum.
Expect ugly scenes of fans being banned from going in the ground.
Did think it would be a super low attendance on Tuesday anyway, maybe this will put more off going.

Why would people be banned from going in the ground ? It's not a condition of entry not to have protested is it ?

I suspect it will be barely noticeable and shouldn't put people off.

Plenty asked for protests outside rather than inside.

Why would people be banned from going in the ground ? It's not a condition of entry not to have protested is it ?

I suspect it will be barely noticeable and shouldn't put people off.

Plenty asked for protests outside rather than inside.
Because that’s was Scally is like. Don’t you remember people being picked out of the Rainham End a few weeks ago when Scally was stood down the front with the bar manager?
I’d expect those centrally involved in holding the protest to be refused entry, they may not wish to go in anyway.
It could end up being nothing though, there doesn’t seem much interest in it in the Facebook group.

Because that’s was Scally is like. Don’t you remember people being picked out of the Rainham End a few weeks ago when Scally was stood down the front with the bar manager?
I’d expect those centrally involved in holding the protest to be refused entry, they may not wish to go in anyway.
It could end up being nothing though, there doesn’t seem much interest in it in the Facebook group.

True. But I’d expect those centrally involved are already banned.

“Fred” won’t be there. He prefers to light fires and stand back while others do his dirty work. Astonishing to think he apparently used to defend our shores…

If it all goes as expected, hopefully it’s just another way to let PS know that he needs to change up some things. That would be good.

Unfortunately again, the central lot (not you mark) probably don’t want that. They want angst, division, and scally out no matter what. The more trouble they cause will suit them. And it’ll all be blamed on the owner anyway.

True. But I’d expect those centrally involved are already banned.

“Fred” won’t be there. He prefers to light fires and stand back while others do his dirty work. Astonishing to think he apparently used to defend our shores…

If it all goes as expected, hopefully it’s just another way to let PS know that he needs to change up some things. That would be good.

Unfortunately again, the central lot (not you mark) probably don’t want that. They want angst, division, and scally out no matter what. The more trouble they cause will suit them. And it’ll all be blamed on the owner anyway.

Not sure there will be enough people there to cause too much disruption OSK. If I see anything I'll report back ;-)

I'd be there but on holiday, so sorry. Will be there for Portsmouth match. Will be there regularly if we get relegated.

Do the SOB want.us to lose?

Will probably depend on how disruptive they are. If they stand next to the burger van with banners then they will probably be ok, assuming they aren't prior banned from the Blues Rock Cafe incident.

But if they stand where non-protestors are trying to get in and generally obstructing everyone else then there might well be more of an intervention.

Why would they? What purpose would that serve?

You'd think anyone whose still going to games would want the team to win.

It really is possible to support the team but still believe we'd be better off if scally sold up.

Again, all true mark. Most of them would much prefer to see wins.

But I strongly suspect that core group (the fans discussion main posters, and the couple of them still allowed on GiTB etc) would much rather see losses. It helps their cause to get more people angry and against Scally. If we were currently top 6, they would be arguing into the wind. The fact we are bottom 6 suits them down to the ground.

They are all way more vocal after losses than they ever are after wins. That main guy actually goes out of his way to create more negativity after wins to try to get people “back on theme”. His theme.

Will probably depend on how disruptive they are. If they stand next to the burger van with banners then they will probably be ok, assuming they aren't prior banned from the Blues Rock Cafe incident.

But if they stand where non-protestors are trying to get in and generally obstructing everyone else then there might well be more of an intervention.
That is a good point. The Gordon Road entrance will probably be almost totally unaffected perhaps a lone protester.I suspect the police will force them to stand off the road on the opposite side to the entrances away from the burger van.They are unlikely to willingly spread themselves to thin.I will be there Tuesday and Saturday staying locally for a few days. So I suspect we will have a very heavy police presence for a few thousand fans.The only benefit is if it stays outside the club won't have to pay.This Fred bloke is starting to really annoy me more that Scally ever has.I just hope it is a total dead loss.If only about 50 or so turn up it will show how limited Fred's fan base is.i suspect many feel like I do.We want Scally to move on but we don't want this Fred bloke anymore than Scally in fact for me a lot less. .Get lost Fred!
Should be the response.

Last edited:
Why would they? What purpose would that serve?

You'd think anyone whose still going to games would want the team to win.

It really is possible to support the team but still believe we'd be better off if scally sold up.
They are chanting "Scally out" during the game. This will be dispiriting for the players. I can only asume they want the team to lose and therefore supposedly force Scally out and then they "win". Arseholes imo. I bet you don't join in during the match MinK.

That is a good point. The Gordon Road entrance will probably be almost totally unaffected perhaps a lone protester.I suspect the police will force them to stand off the road on the opposite side to the entrances away from the burger van.They are unlikely to willingly spread themselves to thin.I will be there Tuesday and Saturday staying locally for a few days. So I suspect we will have a very heavy police presence for a few thousand fans.The only benefit is if it stays outside the club won't have to pay.This Fred bloke is starting to really annoy me more that Scally ever has.I just hope it is a total dead loss.If only about 50 or so turn up it will show how limited Fred's fan base is.i suspect many feel like I do.We want Scally to move on but we don't want this Fred bloke anymore than Scally in fact for me a lot less. .Get lost Fred!
Should be the response.
I did read somewhere that the burger van won’t be there as the expected crowd is so low it’s not worth their while to go down there!

I did read somewhere that the burger van won’t be there as the expected crowd is so low it’s not worth their while to go down there!
Moan, moan, moan. I remember when we really were shit and I'd watch us lose week after week only to miss us actually beat Wigan 2 1 one Friday night, missing the game because of a family commitment. Now thar pissed me off big time. The shit we are going through now is nothing by comparison. Get a grip people.

Edit. Yep, 24/3/89, beat Wigan 2 1. Really pissed off I missed that. Saw every other home game that season. Absolute pussies crying over how "bad" things are now.

Last edited:
Moan, moan, moan. I remember when we really were shit and I'd watch us lose week after week only to miss us actually beat Wigan 2 1 one Friday night, missing the game because of a family commitment. Now thar pissed me off big time. The shit we are going through now is nothing by comparison. Get a grip people.

Edit. Yep, 24/3/89, beat Wigan 2 1. Really pissed off I missed that. Saw every other home game that season. Absolute pussies crying over how "bad" things are now.
Wasn’t really a moan, more of a correction as people seem to be using the burger van as a central reference point of the protest when it likely won’t even be there!
I was watching back then too, only a youngster though and maybe that is why I got much more enjoyment out of it then than now, perhaps expectations were lower then as well.

Forgot to point out that Chester and Southend finished abead of us and Port Vale were promoted into the, what is now, Championship. Fancy swapping with them just now?
Finished one place above Aldershit. They've cracked on and done so well since, yes?

Basically, times are bad just now but please, get some sense of perspective on our current position. It is about average for my time as a Gills fan.

Last edited:
Forgot to point out that Chester and Southend finished abead of us and Port Vale were promoted into the, what is now, Championship. Fancy swapping with them just now?
Finished one place above Aldershit. Tbey've cracked on and done so well since, yes?

Nasically, times are bad just now but please, get some sense of perspective on our current position. It is about average for my time as a Gills fan.
Nasically? -adenoidically, I believe is the correct term.

Finished one place above Aldershit. Tbey've cracked on and done so well since, yes?

Nasically, times are bad just now but please, get some sense of perspective on our current position. It is about average for my time as a Gills fan.

Wasting your breath G58.

I have tried on many occasions to engage people who reckon we are stagnant and should be doing better. And I’ve used the tactic of asking who they’d sooner swap with.

You can have a look at almost any league table that we were in during the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and into the 2000’s. Then look at where we are compared to all the other teams in the same league and how they are doing now.

For every year table, and for every team like say, Brentford who are flying, or Reading maybe (but about to be relegated and points deducted) there are 4 or 5 Chester, Aldershot, Southend, Yeovil etc.

Pretty much the only teams that have improved from previous eras are the clubs that were “big and successful” in the distant past anyway. They have just got back to where they should historically be. Teams like Wolves, Swansea, Fulham etc. Big clubs with bigger following and some history in the top 2 divisions

People point at Brighton and Charlton and how they improved from being in basement divisions with no ground and no crowd. Very true, but they were big sides in earlier times so have a big dormant fan base waiting to come back. What dormant fanbase has Gills got? Max 8k average when everything was brilliant. Only ever got more for one off big games.

Christ, we only averaged 3-4K all through Peacock’s era watching brilliant football in a dilapidated old stadium (which I loved btw). That must have been PS fault tho.