Pre-match food | Vital Football

Pre-match food

Big Jack McGinley

Vital 1st Team Regular
Do they still do a 'Beer 'n' Burger' thing in the Suite before a game?

I go in before every match, but haven't been paying attention...!!

Thank you. I'm dragging along a couple of newbies and was hoping to eat at the club, but we better get re-fuelled before we get to Sincil Bank...

Big Jack McGinley - 17/12/2015 07:34

Thank you. I'm dragging along a couple of newbies and was hoping to eat at the club, but we better get re-fuelled before we get to Sincil Bank...
They still do food but I don't think that there is the offer on. I could be wrong though! Anybody more definitive?

Edit: I have asked the question for you at the club! Will get back if I get an answer.

Steve O'Dare - 16/12/2015 23:35

Big Jack McGinley - 17/12/2015 07:34

They still do food but I don't think that there is the offer on. I could be wrong though! Anybody more definitive?

Edit: I have asked the question for you at the club! Will get back if I get an answer.

Thanks.

Last time I was in there, they did pie and peas or curry and rice with a pint.

That was at the start of the season I think.

The best deal was a Bateman's (or whatever it was called) sausage and onion bap/roll and a pint for £4 but that's long gone.

We had that a few times but haven't been in the bar since they stopped it. Lost revenue or what?

Impalex - 17/12/2015 20:22

The best deal was a Bateman's (or whatever it was called) sausage and onion bap/roll and a pint for £4 but that's long gone.

We had that a few times but haven't been in the bar since they stopped it. Lost revenue or what?

That was a cracker! Whatever happened to it? That's the kind of deal that gets people into the bar.

Rob the Imp - 17/12/2015 21:01

Impalex - 17/12/2015 20:22

That was a cracker! Whatever happened to it? That's the kind of deal that gets people into the bar.

It would certainly get two of us back into the bar at most home games.

Davidimp - 19/12/2015 04:37

Offer today!
Homemade steak or chilli pie and a pint for a fiver.

We had pies in the end, but two of us originally asked for Hot Dogs but they had run out of sausages and it was barely 2pm!!

Not quibbling though, the pies were perfectly reasonable.

Impalex - 21/12/2015 22:17

SalfordImp - 19/12/2015 14:25

Must adimit a Barrow pie shop does a nice Black Pudding & Sausage roll..

I hate black pudding.
I love it as part of a full English breakfast or as an addition to liver dishes! Yum Yum!

I just remembered - it was called 'The Bateman's Bundle' - sausage and onions in a roll with a pint of bitter!

Yummy!