Pre Kick off | Vital Football

Pre Kick off

Kura

Vital Youth Team
Is the current plethora of acts prior to Kick off a permanent fixture as now more time seems to be spent protesting, clapping, standing than playing.
Seems sports become more political than it's original "entertainment" premise.

Is the current plethora of acts prior to Kick off a permanent fixture as now more time seems to be spent protesting, clapping, standing than playing.
Seems sports become more political than it's original "entertainment" premise.

Exactly! Most of us are in complete agreement with the sentiments, but why does football have to channel it all for us? A minutes silence for those who have died, taking a knee - all we are missing is a minutes applause for the NHS. We know - honestly we do.

On that subject ........ watching Sky Sport yesterday the panel were all wearing identical badges, Prostate Cancer, NHS and Black Lives Matter (good job we are not in poppy season). Enough please, we are here for the football.

Its a problem because although its good to see people coming together for this one - what happens if I don't agree with the next one.
Football has been correct to ban all political activity in grounds, on shirts, etc for this very reason. If someone now wants to put any political slogan or advertising on their shirt, how can you stop it as this was the precedent.

Things will move on.
This time last year, we had wall to wall Greta Thunberg.
This time next year it will be something different again.

Things will move on.
This time last year, we had wall to wall Greta Thunberg.
This time next year it will be something different again.

Exactly the conversation I had the other day.
Last year you couldn’t turn the tv on without seeing Greta Thunberg preaching about single use items, plastic bags and the like. Most governments were pledging to emissions, supermarkets were charging you for bags.

Fast forward to now, single use items ( gloves and masks) are being produced and disposed of in their billions. Click and collect or home delivery shopping now comes with about 3 items per (free) bag again. And the supermarkets won’t accept your old ones back anymore. Governments actually telling people to drive their cars instead of using public transport if possible.

I agree with what Dion Dublin said on tv recently. He's fed up with T shirts and slogans. We've had them loads of times before. Just posing. We need actual action.

Footballers pressurised into taking the knee and running around with slogans forced on them. No thanks. I remember I got "pelters" from some for not joining in with the NHS clapping ritual (although I'm a massive fan of the NHS).

I agree with what Dion Dublin said on tv recently. He's fed up with T shirts and slogans. We've had them loads of times before. Just posing. We need actual action.

Footballers pressurised into taking the knee and running around with slogans forced on them. No thanks. I remember I got "pelters" from some for not joining in with the NHS clapping ritual (although I'm a massive fan of the NHS).

Your just a rebel :)

I’m considering to start clapping for the NHS on a Thursday evening now that everyone else has stopped. Join me ‘58.

I’m considering to start clapping for the NHS on a Thursday evening now that everyone else has stopped. Join me ‘58.
I thought we were supposed to be taking a knee? I have been - kneeling outside my house for 5 mins at 8pm on Thursday. Have I got that wrong? None of my neighbours were doing it, but I just thought that was because they are probably racists.

"Blue Lives Murder" t-shirts are available via Amazon. Various prices £11 to £22. Many different designs, including one with a hand directing a baton downward.

Last edited:
Greta's not gone away. And neither has climate change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-53100800

I’m aware it hasn’t gone away Buds, and is just as relevant as it was a year ago in some people’s eyes, however a global pandemic featuring a killer virus is news story of the moment currently. And a direct threat to health is more serious than one that may threaten in 5, 10 or 100 years.

Unfortunately for the BLM movement, their protesting has happened to coincide with the covid issue too. Can’t help but think that it may have had had more of an effect had the issues not have been diluted during news programmes

Next year there will probably be something else.

"Blue Lives Murder" t-shirts are available via Amazon. Various prices £11 to £22. Many different designs, including one with a hand directing a baton downward.

Police Federation of England & Wales met with senior directors of Amazon UK this week to ask them to stop selling the offensive "Blue Lives Murder" merchandise. Amazon refused as it did not consider that the sale of these disgraceful items contravenes their policy on offensive and controversial materials. What !!! At a time when assaults on UK police have never been so high and so bad it`s little wonder that recruitment and retention of officers is failing. I despair.

Police Federation of England & Wales met with senior directors of Amazon UK this week to ask them to stop selling the offensive "Blue Lives Murder" merchandise. Amazon refused as it did not consider that the sale of these disgraceful items contravenes their policy on offensive and controversial materials. What !!! At a time when assaults on UK police have never been so high and so bad it`s little wonder that recruitment and retention of officers is failing. I despair.
If you're interested, the CE of Amazon is a Mr D Gurr and his email address is dgurr@amazon.com
I think his inbox was a bit busy yesterday 😉