Powell To Bundesliga? | Vital Football

Powell To Bundesliga?

dwdan

Vital Reserves Team
Bundesliga outfit RP Leipzig are reportedly ready to offer a pre-contract to Wigan’s Nick Powell in January.

Bundesliga outfit RP Leipzig are reportedly ready to offer a pre-contract to Wigan’s Nick Powell in January.
It also says that he has refused several times to sign a new contract, which from what the club have told us is not the case. So it seems they may be preparing to offer him a pre-contract but that doesn't mean he will sign it or even want to leave Wigan

He’ll go whether it by Leipzig or somewhere else and so he should for the good of his career. We’ve only got ourselves to blame for letting his contract get to this point and we’re a million miles away from getting to the Prem and playing at the level Powell deserves to be at. I wish him the best.

Nah, if Sussex was too far from his friends and family then Saxony is out of the question.
Where has this latest bunkum come from?

That location talk was rubbish. He just didn’t want to go and sit in the reserves of a Prem club. His baby is a year older now and in a position to move. He’s at the stage of his career where he has to move for himself. He’s wasting away his career here and he’ll have released that over the past month as he sees just how far away we are from competing at the top end of this level.

That location talk was rubbish. He just didn’t want to go and sit in the reserves of a Prem club. His baby is a year older now and in a position to move. He’s at the stage of his career where he has to move for himself. He’s wasting away his career here and he’ll have released that over the past month as he sees just how far away we are from competing at the top end of this level.

Well thanks for writing our club off. We might as well stop supporting the Tics now because we are heading nowhere apparently. If we are so poor why do you bother following the team?

Another possible problem this, that could be arriving because of the elongated takeover farce. Good luck to Nick but fingers crossed that we may keep him yet.

Well thanks for writing our club off. We might as well stop supporting the Tics now because we are heading nowhere apparently. If we are so poor why do you bother following the team?
He didnt write the club off. He just offered an opinion and I certainly wouldnt question his loyalty to the club. Just looking at our situation and that of Nicks realisticly. He may not want to stick around and wait for us when he can push on now to the top flight. Like I said if that takeover hadnt taken so long our situation could have been different.

To say Powell is wasting his career at Wigan sounds like he’s written the club off to me.
Well he is, because his ability warrants a Premier League club or at the minimum a club challenging the promotion spots in this league. He’s not going to get that in the short term at Latics. That’s not writing the club off, that’s being realistic. What if he stays and picks up a serious injury which could ruin any chance he has of a big payday? His stock is the highest it’s ever and may ever be, it’s either now or never for him in terms of a big move.

He’s given it a season in the Championship for us to see if we could challenge and unfortunately we’ve fallen short not due to him but due to a mixture of bad luck with injuries and the shite he has to play alongside. How do you think he feels having to play alongside the likes of Naismith? He’ll know that he can and should he doing much better. Now he has to think about himself and his career.

He’s wasting away his career here and he’ll have released that over the past month as he sees just how far away we are from competing at the top end of this level.

Realised that over the past month? When we’ve been playing top sides with half of our squad out injured? Not sure what you’re expecting tbh - hardly a fair reflection of our chances.

I can’t see Powell moving to Germany - you say location plays no part, but why else would he have personally turned down a big money move to a solid Prem club in January? We were further away from being in the Prem then than we are now.

Besides, I can’t exactly see Leipzig being a popular destination after Oliver Burke’s difficult stint there.

He hasn't given it a season in the Championship we have had 3 months so far. He played with Hull and didn't have a good time, he says he enjoys his football at Wigan and that is more important to him.
Cook and his team have worked with him and got the best out of him and the only reason he has not signed a contract has been the takeover, To dismiss our club as an irrelevance, as C_Latic does is just plain wrong, Powell has never said he wants to leave, just the club were not in a position to give him a new contract. Now the takeover has been done we will I am sure negotiate one with him in the next few weeks.
The report about Leipzig interest is wholly inaccurate as it states he has turned down several contract offers and wants to leave, which we know is not true from his own comments. So it is just the usual bulls**t from journalists making up a story.
But then again it would be highly believable to certain people on here who were banging on about doom and gloom that he and others would be leaving for the last 3 transfer windows, just suits their agenda

It’s an endless cycle of complaints. When we’re in the EFL, there’s doom and gloom for not being in or near the Prem. If and when we ever return to the Prem, there’ll be moaning because we’re losing most games and near the bottom of the league like last time. Ad infinitum.

Maybe we should all just buy a Man City season ticket and be done with it. ?

Realised that over the past month? When we’ve been playing top sides with half of our squad out injured? Not sure what you’re expecting tbh - hardly a fair reflection of our chances.

I can’t see Powell moving to Germany - you say location plays no part, but why else would he have personally turned down a big money move to a solid Prem club in January? We were further away from being in the Prem then than we are now.

Besides, I can’t exactly see Leipzig being a popular destination after Oliver Burke’s difficult stint there.
Read my post again, why would he go to Brighton back in January when he knew he’d be in there reserves? Unlike now where he’d be pushing for a start.

Whether you lot like it or not, football is first and foremost a job to these people. The club may come into it at occasions but money will always be number one, followed by the level of football. Can Nick Powell achieve his full potential at Wigan Athletic? Which IMO is regular Premier League football and potentially even an England call up. The answer is no as we are currently a lower level Championship club.

Oh and as for your Oliver Burke, I’ll raise you a Jadon Sancho, now an England international playing regular Champions League football. Nice one!

I don’t even think Powell will go to Germany, I think he’ll go to Celtic. Far more money, huge club with a massive fanbase, easy transport back to Cheshire, he’ll play every week, regular European football, easy trophies every season and in 3-5 years a Premier League club will come and take him back to England. Some idiots on here will still insult the standard of the football up there despite Rangers giving our first team a good pumping in July.

Last edited:
Read my post again, why would he go to Brighton back in January when he knew he’d be in there reserves? Unlike now where he’d be pushing for a start.

Whether you lot like it or not, football is first and foremost a job to these people. The club may come into it at occasions but money will always be number one, followed by the level of football. Can Nick Powell achieve his full potential at Wigan Athletic? Which IMO is regular Premier League football and potentially even an England call up. The answer is no as we are currently a lower level Championship club.

Oh and as for your Oliver Burke, I’ll raise you a Jadon Sancho, now an England international playing regular Champions League football. Nice one!

I don’t even think Powell will go to Germany, I think he’ll go to Celtic. Far more money, huge club with a massive fanbase, easy transport back to Cheshire, he’ll play every week, regular European football, easy trophies every season and in 3-5 years a Premier League club will come and take him back to England. Some idiots on here will still insult the standard of the football up there despite Rangers giving our first team a good pumping in July.

I’m not saying he won’t go or shouldn’t go - obviously he’s going to move on at some point. My issue was with your insuation that the club hasn’t done enough in regards to Powell’s contractual situation earlier in the thread.

We don’t know what’s been negotiated previously, nor do we know definitively that he’s rejected all offers. Teamtalk insisted in the summer that Powell was off as he wouldn’t sign a new deal, only to backtrack once the window closed.

Paul Cook has already suggested in the past week that the Morsy/Powell deals are of high priority, and hopefully with the new owners now in the door that’ll come sooner rather than later.

I also wouldn’t exactly compare Powell to Sancho...

This has to be rubbish paper talk. I expect him to leave but abroad? British players in their prime playing abroad only happens every blue moon and we're talking players like Linekar, Gazza and Bale quality type players and RB Leipzig, who aren't exactly running out of change, are after an injury prone player who barely played in the premier league? Makes no sense to me, only explanation is to see if he can hold up and if not they got a great bargaining chip to exchange with another English club in the future, but thats probably pushing it.

The takeover dragged on for so long I suspect his agent has been active in drumming up interest. Would also likely be in his interest if he left as I guess he'd earn more out of such a deal as opposed to resigning with us. Perhaps Powell will look at what investment there is likely to be in the club before making up his mind. Either way there's one or two approaching the end of their contracts so royle and co need to be working overtime before millions of pounds worth of talent walk out of the door in about 8 months.

Eh? So going somewhere else at a higher level is impossible once you at Latics, we should all sit back and wait for Messi et al to rock up

Messi is a poor man’s Kal Naismith - wouldn’t even get on our bench as would be behind Kal, Roberts, Windass and Vaughan in the reserves.

Not fit enough or defensively solid enough to work in our system. Would be a terrible signing.