POTY/ YPOTY | Page 3 | Vital Football

POTY/ YPOTY

Consistent - yes but effective - not really. Eaves - consistent - no but effective - his tally of goals says yes

By what criteria are you judging Fuller's effectiveness? You judging him by goals scored or chances created for Eaves?

I've seen him make countless challenges preventing the opposition firing off a shot and scoring a goal. Quite possibly he has assisted in stopping the opposition scoring on more occasions than the number of goals Eaves has scored from open play.

Alphabet is quite correct about fuller - his effort is beyond question but not sure about his effectiveness. He’s quite often out of position offers little going forward. Nibbles I raised it as he is a top candidate for POTS here and it’s just my opinion

Alphabet is quite correct about fuller - his effort is beyond question but not sure about his effectiveness. He’s quite often out of position offers little going forward. Nibbles I raised it as he is a top candidate for POTS here and it’s just my opinion

In light of his effectiveness or lack of, do you think Lovell should be starting Garmston ahead of him at left back?

Don’t get me wrong I like fuller but on the right side - I would put fuller at right back and Garmston left back -as Garmston gives us a lot more going forward with his pace and delivery - fuller in most cases has to stop and then cross with his right foot, and yes I have sen fuller cross with his left on a few occasions before anyone asks most go into the crowd and one or twice have hit the spot.
What I don’t understand is why did lovel ever play ogilvie at left back ? Ogilvie has played well the last few weeks at centre back but not worth a shout for POTS IMO -he was awful for us earlier in the season - remember Barnsley ?
Byrne is the enigma for me - one good game in 6 but for all the mistakes he makes he has never been dropped - but after all he is Patto’s golfing buddy !!
Although I’m not an Eaves fan as o think he plays for himself - over the season he’s been the most crucial player( and he’s not played every game ) penalties or whatever you still have to tuck them away and additionally he’s scored some crackers. I think if he worked harder at his weakness’s like heading and movement or attacking the ball in the box he would have scored a lot more goals - that being said it’s Eaves for me with Ehmer in second