POTY/ YPOTY | Vital Football

POTY/ YPOTY

Absolutely. Only Ogolvie in second half of season and Byrne are anywhere near. Eaves was in the running but owing to his recent form, maybe third?
I think Eaves might win as it is open to all unlike the vote at the turnstiles vote.Many will vote for Eaves based on his goals who perhaps don't even watch games.If anyone else wins it in my view they will have overcome that slight disadvantage.

Over the season as a whole has to be Eaves by a mile, surely? But some people have short memories so maybe not.

I guess Brandon will win young player which is fair enough but I do hope there's more to see from him in the next year or so.

Over the season as a whole has to be Eaves by a mile, surely? But some people have short memories so maybe not.

I guess Brandon will win young player which is fair enough but I do hope there's more to see from him in the next year or so.
Fuller’s been consistent all season too, Ehmer not far behind.

Barry F for me ..... showed a great attitude throughout the season.

Hanlon (YPOTY) and List up front next year ...... we saw it yesterday in the second half how exciting that could be next season. .......

For young player of the year then it has to be Hanlan by a mile. The only other candidates I can think of are List, Charles-Cooke, Oldtaker and Ogilvie. Although saying "by a mile", Hanlan's form during the season was a bit hit and miss and for a large part he was behind List and Parker. In recent times he has been showing a lot more maturity and consistency which'll make him a shoo in. Maybe a month ago List might have got the nod. For me, the order should be:

1) Hanlan
2) Ogilvie
3) List

Senior player of the year:

1) Fuller
2) Emmer
3) Eaves

Fuller has been by far the most consistent player and I'm struggling to think of a bad match (where the whole team wasn't universally a zero out of ten in any case). The fact he has been playing out of position tops.it.

Ehmer has been consistent but has made a few mistakes which he has largely cut out since Zakuani has been injured.

Eaves for his goals has to be in the top three, but his form has been terribly inconsistent since January and when he hasn't scored his contribution has been patchy. I might have put him second if it looked if he gave a toss in the past month and not looking to avoid injury as his contract runs down.

Ogilvie and Charles-Cook aren't eligible for Young POTY, have to be 21 or under. The shortlist is List, Hanlan, Lopes, Oldaker and Stevenson

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub....1WsNPnGZO3aGIdJA3432YXV7AL6QLbvhP0LKkot8zQvpI

Huh. I assumed Charles-Cook would have qualified as he was 21 years old at the beginning of the season.

I notice that List only makes the list as his birthday is only a few days after the POTY do and if his birthday was a few days later then he would have been disqualified. Hanlan too would have been disqualified if he was born about 3 weeks sooner.

The cut off point has to be somewhere. I fully support the idea of moving the age down to 21 which will give younger players the chance to pick up a award.

Fuller will win it and Hanlan will win YPOTY. I've half a mind to vote for Hanlan in both categories; he's been that good in my opinion. Some question his form over the season but I think he's shown consistent improvement and grabbed his opportunity. Consider too that many believe Eaves has been hampered by midfield deficiencies and the way we play. If that is true then Hanlan's efforts shine brighter still.

From afar, I get the impression if Tom had bagged a few more goals in recent weeks he’d be a shoo in. Not often we have a 20 goal striker in our team.

As it is, Baz, Brandon and Max seem the likely candidates.

It speaks volumes that the only candidates for our awards are strikers and defenders. Usually midfielders get the accolades and it is obviously what we lack - a dominant midfielder that controls games and is regularly the choice for motm, poty