Post Match News Manchester City v Brighton & Hove Albion. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Post Match News Manchester City v Brighton & Hove Albion.

I'll confirm the various views above - it was a regulation win, and, it seemed to me, Brighton were happy to keep it at 2 conceded.

Brighton looked neat, tidy, and compact, but didn't offer anything by way of a threat. I was surprised that Murray didn't start.
The number 8, Bissouma, looked useful to me.
Laporte looked excellent again, currently our first choice centre half.

I think it was all about limitation keeping the score down so why waste your best striker. Not the best attitude you have to a game, but saving your man for a game you can win.

Did you get a look at the penalty shout Colin?

I think it was all about limitation keeping the score down so why waste your best striker. Not the best attitude you have to a game, but saving your man for a game you can win.

No, Buzz, that was at the South stand if I remember correctly. I was sat in the family stand, so could see the second goal unfold perfectly.
I've not seen any TV highlights as yet.

If it's the handball shout Buzz then I'd say no pen, free out for the nudge in the back just before it.

Not a penalty for me based on what I have seen from the incident. Ball to hand after he misses his header - BD mentions a shove in the back which would be a factor plus his arm is not in an unnatural position unlike say a John Terry trademark sliding block where you can only keep your balance by flinging both arms above your head :rolleyes:

Having looked at it again, I think by the letter of the law it could have been a pen, but the correct decision was made. No intent to play it with the hand, it was purely accidental.