Post Brexit (n/g) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Post Brexit (n/g)

I think this thread summarises the fact that so far there have been winners and losers and that if there was a referendum tomorrow, it would still be around a 50-50 split.

There may have been some unforeseen circumstances that would have pushed a small amount of leave voters back to remain, and a few original remain voters that had been frightened by project fear in to thinking there would be an apocalypse. They may now vote to stay out, realising that there is substantially little different apart from the fact that we now have more self determination in many things previously controlled elsewhere.

I wanted the UK to stay in the EU BUT only with a complete review of how the EU operates.

I never saw that meaningful review happening so i voted to leave.

Was it the right outcome? I don't think we will know until at least 2032.

The exact opposite to what you hoped is happening.
The EU is becoming more federal.
Last week, they were discussing how they can get rid of the veto, with all decisions formulated by majority.
All sounds very democratic except that it will mean another treaty rewrite.
I’d bet that the citizens affected will not get a say.
It’s just another level of government.

Many of the newer members knew what they were signing up to before voting to join.
The U.K. didn’t.
We joined a beneficial trade block, not a political union.

Many of the newer members knew what they were signing up to before voting to join.
The U.K. didn’t.
We joined a beneficial trade block, not a political union.

None of the newer members seem to have to pay meaningful contributions to the budget, either. If the Scots get independence and then apply to join, will the same apply to them?

I am told that contributions are linked to size of economy, GDP, etc but there was a guy on TV saying how he had recently move to Spain and that their economy is doing SO much better than us, plus he gets sun all day !

That is one spin to put on it but if their economy is doing so well their contributions should become much more substantial (will they?) and then he can go back to enjoying much more of the 44c heat they have been experiencing.

Wh
Well it’s good to see that the Financial Times has no problems with Brexit. (I lied, they do).

https://www.ft.com/content/7a209a34...27e45225258&twclid=21f21udi7a0slm675sqadhd6jg
What would they know about Financial matters? Pah!

Heard a bloke on LBC last night saying it doesn't matter how much worse off we are and even if that was permanent he would still want Brexit. He thinks it meant we "brought back control".

As I posted on a different thread, control is still largely in the hands of the multinationals (with the support of non dom media owners who help to get people to vote against their own interests).

It takes six months to train as a signaller, minimum for a small box. A lot longer for the modern boxes. Be interesting to see agency workers doing the job with less training. During my time as a signaller, I was probably shot at more times than Nobby was. Stones, bottles, all sorts thrown at me. But fill your boots if anyone wants to do that job for £20k a year...
Yes, where is this tsunami of qualified workers going to come from? There are not enough agency workers who are qualified to take up the slack. I know that some qualified agency workers exist, but nowhere near enough.

Yes, where is this tsunami of qualified workers going to come from? There are not enough agency workers who are qualified to take up the slack. I know that some qualified agency workers exist, but nowhere near enough.
It’s all bollax.
You know, I know it, everyone knows it.
This shower of shite just say the first thing that comes into their head 😂

Oh dear. Remoaner Myth No.2

On Channel 4, JR-M said:
"The overwhelming opportunity for Brexit is over the next 50 years."

Not "in 50 years time".
But why be accurate if being inaccurate suits your narrative ?

You need to read a post properly before you jump in to fit your agenda. I did not say 'in 50 years time.' and he did not say when the mythical benefits might start.

Mogg is so desperate to find something positive to say about Brexit that he is even bragging that the UK will not join the EU in the emminently sensible and efficient move to make common USB-C charging ports mandatory on all phones and other electronic devices!

ps. Sources everywhere.

You need to read a post properly before you jump in to fit your agenda. I did not say 'in 50 years time.' and he did not say when the mythical benefits might start.

Mogg is so desperate to find something positive to say about Brexit that he is even bragging that the UK will not join the EU in the emminently sensible and efficient move to make common USB-C charging ports mandatory on all phones and other electronic devices!

ps. Sources everywhere.

Everything the EU suggests, or just happens to have the word Europe or European in its title, is like kryptonite to them.

Shapps is a muppet and he changes his position as often as I change my underwear (for the avoidance of doubt, that is at least daily).

But you and the press are misinformed about the use of agency workers to replace employees who are striking. I’ve worked in the rail sector in the past. Many COSS (controller of site safety), trackmen, lookouts etc are already agency workers or they are employed by 3rd party private sector firms like Amey, Balfour Beatty etc.

Having these skilled agency workers replace those on strike would not, in my opinion, impact safety. But the press try to make it out that the government is in favour of unqualified Joe Bloggs being let loose on safety critical track.
As I said above, I am awaye that there are some qualified agency workers but not remotely enougg.

Simarly tbere are qualified agency teaxhers but nowhere near enough to cover a teachers' strike. Pure fantasy as usual from this pathetic bunch of no marks.

This bunch of interlopers into the Tory party who have seized contol almost make me feel sorry for proper Conservatives and I would have thought that impossible a few years ago.

Everything the EU suggests, or just happens to have the word Europe or European in its title, is like kryptonite to them.
Yes, I wonder if the Govermnent will make the FA pull out of the various European competitions next season, after all, they are run by Europeans and we don't have sovereignty over them.

Yes, bring back control so that we can have our own cup competitions. Oh, hang on ...

Did you vote to remain ?

Tentatively I did yes, although I very much could have gone either way, so I have great empathy for those who voted out.

There are plenty of things I don’t like about the EU, but in the end I didn’t trust the Tories to rewrite the rules so voted to keep the status quo.

6 years later (almost to the day I think), they haven’t changed my mind that they weren’t the best people to take us out. Not that I blame people who voted out themselves, I think we’ve all been let down massively.

ps. Sources everywhere.
Mogg is a fool and is wrong about the USB-C thing. In practice though devices sold in the UK will all switch to USB-C because manufacturers aren't going to make multiple variants.

Tentatively I did yes, although I very much could have gone either way, so I have great empathy for those who voted out.

There are plenty of things I don’t like about the EU, but in the end I didn’t trust the Tories to rewrite the rules so voted to keep the status quo.

6 years later (almost to the day I think), they haven’t changed my mind that they weren’t the best people to take us out. Not that I blame people who voted out themselves, I think we’ve all been let down massively.
Reminder
The Tories campaigned to Remain, just in case you forgot.
All U.K. political parties did with the exception of ukip who’s clue is in the name