Post Brexit (n/g) | Page 63 | Vital Football

Post Brexit (n/g)

We actually didn’t have any idea who was even here.
3 million turned out to be nearly 6 million.
At least we know that now.

And almost 1 million of those are Romanians. I don't know whether they would meet Vambogills definition of "decent European migrant workers" that we are still short of?

Took your advice and kept "tryin".
Just read the article in the Grimsby Telegraph. The owner blamed Covid and Brexit.
Perhaps the local paper blatantly lied, or perhaps the owner did. What do you think? Couldn't possibly be anything to do with Brexit, just 'cos the owner said so, surely.
:rolleyes:

Just saying it doesn't make any logical sense. Brexit vote 2016. Open Processing Plant 2018. Two of the 4 years since interrupted by Covid, which is described as one of two main reasons.

Maybe if there had been a vote confirming that we wanted Covid to happen, they would still have opened it regardless.

I presume it is not for fresh fish caught locally near Grimsby as it clearly will not be as fresh when it reaches the European mainland.

Just saying it doesn't make any logical sense. Brexit vote 2016. Open Processing Plant 2018. Two of the 4 years since interrupted by Covid, which is described as one of two main reasons.

Maybe if there had been a vote confirming that we wanted Covid to happen, they would still have opened it regardless.

I presume it is not for fresh fish caught locally near Grimsby as it clearly will not be as fresh when it reaches the European mainland.
Stop digging.

The problem faced is that our government having got Brexit done. Haven't a clue what to do with the new freedom. They thought America would be the answer and jump at a deal.
The problem for any government trying to put anything Pro European in future manifestos is the remaining pro Europeans is that the two leading parties only represent about 80% of the UK voting public. The other 20% were probably a large percentage remain.Therefore in order to change anything in future there needs to be significant movement far more than the few percentage points we may or may not have at present. I would guess you might be looking at 65% of the country would need to support any movement towards the EU possibly including simply joining the single market.
The only way 51% might be enough is if parties worked closer together not likely in the immediate future or any time soon.

Don't need to. You've buried yourself. Not related to James O'Brien, are you? ;)
Your pathetic attempts at explaining away the Grimsby stuff. Why are you deflecting about JO'B? Actually, I know why.

Brexit needn't have been a disaster but was hijacked by the ERG nutters. Shambles, just like the various versions of the Tory party for the last 12 years.

The Tory Party campaigned very strongly to remain.
Labour were pretty lukewarm if I recall correctly.
The main protagonists of the official leave campaign were a coalition of Tory And Labour MPs.
Corbyn was actually invisible and left the heavy lifting to others.
Immediately after Brexit, the Tories elected a new leader who was a remainer but obviously had to respect the democratic decision.
It’s suicide not to, no matter who was in charge.
2019 was a huge majority for the Tories basically on Get Brexit Done.
As Labour moves slowly but steadily towards the middle ground, they know how toxic the discussion is, given that it was traditional Labour voters who swung it in 2016.
So, irrespective of whether it was a good idea or not or a success or not, it’s where we find ourselves for at least a generation.
Not even the Libdems are going down that route.

Not even the Libdems are going down that route.
If the majority of the the electorate were to to want in I think the parties would move back towards that.The Liberal Democrats would of course be first.
If it ever became the majority of the Labour or Tory Party members wise then the pressure would be on on time will tell how long this will take.If for example Labour took a lot of the Liberal Democrat vote then it might be quicker than you imagined.
If Labour start to make moves forward in Scotland they might need to be pro single market.
One thing is sure the voters are more mobile than ever before in our lifetime.

Last edited: