Post Brexit football- work permits | Vital Football

Post Brexit football- work permits

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
Are set to completely fuck up the Marinakis model

Link

No European under 18s are allowed to sign
European players will need work permits based on a pretty tough points system
PL teams only allowed to sign 3 overseas players per window and only 6 per season

This is massive

Link

PL teams only allowed to sign 3 overseas players per window and only 6 per season

This is massive

also obvious as we said last year. Monumental fook up. May be easier to get the classy canadian and chinese players tho

Link

This is massive

Three overseas players UNDER 21, not three overseas players. Will boost the chances of UK academy players getting a game at our level Great to have top internationals in the PL, but UK player development is really hit by the number of bog standard foreigners. How will we manage to cope without some of the rubbish players we have signed from abroad ? Even worse than some of our UK signings.

FROM THE GUARDIAN

Premier League clubs limited to signing no more than three overseas players under the age of 21 in any single transfer window and a total of no more than six per season.

Three overseas players UNDER 21, not three overseas players. Will boost the chances of UK academy players getting a game at our level Great to have top internationals in the PL, but UK player development is really hit by the number of bog standard foreigners. How will we manage to cope without some of the rubbish players we have signed from abroad ? Even worse than some of our UK signings.

FROM THE GUARDIAN

Premier League clubs limited to signing no more than three overseas players under the age of 21 in any single transfer window and a total of no more than six per season.
I missed the age, but the real takeaway will be the work permits, which are going to hit us significantly

I missed the age, but the real takeaway will be the work permits, which are going to hit us significantly

It will be the same for all the teams. Might benefit us, as we have a decent academy. Not studied it in any detail, but presumably players we sign will need to be a reasonable standard rather than some of the people we have signed recently.
Good opportunity to list out all the useless players we have signed from foreign teams in recent years.

It will be the same for all the teams. Might benefit us, as we have a decent academy. Not studied it in any detail, but presumably players we sign will need to be a reasonable standard rather than some of the people we have signed recently.
Good opportunity to list out all the useless players we have signed from foreign teams in recent years.

It makes the tier 3 academy significantly more important, but I fear it ends England's performances in the champions League in the long term.

Hilariously, it presumably causes all sorts of problems for the proposed European super League as well, given that our four representatives will have much more restrictive rules than their competitors

It makes the tier 3 academy significantly more important, but I fear it ends England's performances in the champions League in the long term.

Hilariously, it presumably causes all sorts of problems for the proposed European super League as well, given that our four representatives will have much more restrictive rules than their competitors

Not studied it in detail, but how are top teams going to be restricted ? Might stop the likes of Chelsea having 20 players out on loan because they have signed up every kid they have seen. Six a year is hardly going to limit them much. What limitations are being put on top players ? Can't imagine many of them are going to flunk the points test. Too busy to study the detail at the moment, but how many decent foreign players have we had since the days of Roy and Van Hoijdonk. Can't think of many.

Not studied it in detail, but how are top teams going to be restricted ? Might stop the likes of Chelsea having 20 players out on loan because they have signed up every kid they have seen. Six a year is hardly going to limit them much. What limitations are being put on top players ? Can't imagine many of them are going to flunk the points test. Too busy to study the detail at the moment, but how many decent foreign players have we had since the days of Roy and Van Hoijdonk. Can't think of many.
Massive restrictions. It will kill off their youth player farms and the days of 30 European youngsters being farmed off to the likes of Anderlecht

You need 15 points for the work permit. That includes size of the selling club, appearances, reputation, international appearances, etc

Assuming that the criteria for a work permit will be the same regardless of the league the buying club are in, it seems likely to make a European player moving to the EFL pretty rare

Massive restrictions. It will kill off their youth player farms and the days of 30 European youngsters being farmed off to the likes of Anderlecht

You need 15 points for the work permit. That includes size of the selling club, appearances, reputation, international appearances, etc

Assuming that the criteria for a work permit will be the same regardless of the league the buying club are in, it seems likely to make a European player moving to the EFL pretty rare

I can see they need 15 points, but haven't read anything about whether or not 10 appearances for Olympiacos gets you 15 points. As I said, I still can't think of any recent signings that would be a great loss to us. Might save a fortune on the likes of Carvalho, Dias, Goncalves, Da Costa , Diallo, Bachirou etc and there have been lots worse.

I remember back in the 90s there was a limit on overseas players. We were good then too.*

*I may have actually dreamt this, but there was something. I think.

I remember back in the 90s there was a limit on overseas players. We were good then too.*

*I may have actually dreamt this, but there was something. I think.
The limit was 3 non-English players in the squad in the 80s and early 90s I believe.

Good news. Perhaps this club will come out of the control of foreign predatory agents.

Can see a few people high up in the club resigning over this as how are they supposed to make big money now?

Good news. Perhaps this club will come out of the control of foreign predatory agents.

Can see a few people high up in the club resigning over this as how are they supposed to make big money now?
Were they ever going to make big money out of a struggling Championship club?

How do you make a small fortune in football...?

Start with a large fortune and buy a football club.

The best way to become a millionaire out of football is to start as a billionaire

If you're getting brown envelopes from agents on transfers that's still going to be more money than most make.

As I've already said, I can't see the exact rules anywhere. What do you mean by "rare" ? Excluding players already here, do you think there will only be one or two transfers of this category to the EFL, or two or three per club "rare" in the January window ? There's a vast difference. What assumptions are you making ? Either way, we will find out in a few weeks time. Even players like Soudani have over 50 international caps, so I guess he would clock up 15 points.

i was thinking.... ouch. That uk brexit seems a bit like Newcastle leaving the premiership and trying to create a new better breakaway league