Possible Summer Transfer Targets | Page 9 | Vital Football

Possible Summer Transfer Targets

Accordin to Yorkshire live we're bein linked with Antonee Robinson a American left sided defender at Wigan.UTMPB

Accordin to Yorkshire live we're bein linked with Antonee Robinson a American left sided defender at Wigan.UTMPB

No we aren't, they are merely suggesting we should sign him, not that we want to. If it's true that he can be bought for £1.5m if they lose their appeal this week, then we should definitely consider it. He almost signed for AC Milan for £10m in January.

No we aren't, they are merely suggesting we should sign him, not that we want to. If it's true that he can be bought for £1.5m if they lose their appeal this week, then we should definitely consider it. He almost signed for AC Milan for £10m in January.
Correct and well done spotting today's deliberate mistake Sir Eff.UTMPB

I first suggested Robinson 3 years ago, after he played against us for Bolton at their place. Also did well in the home game, assisting Madine's winner.

A real stand out talent as an attacking full back or wing back. Has apparently improved defensively too.

It's f*cking rotten that Wigan can lose him for so little.

It's obviously a no brainer for any sort of cheap price, but he'll have better options than to come here and be back up to Stevens. Even if he might take over after a season. He'll be able to go to West Brom and play regularly straightaway.

I can see very little in the way of news about Guirassy. This is the latest - a move to Rennes seems to have hit the buffers over the fee. Amiens apparently want £18m.

https://le11amienois.fr/nicolas-holveck-rennes-serhou-guirassy-etait-la-priorite-mais/

Again, if we're willing to spend the money we apparently are, we should be in for him at anything around £15m.

We can't trust McBurnie to be the main, line leading centre forward next season.

In Guirassy we'd be getting someone who can do that and also offer pace and trickery.

I can see very little in the way of news about Guirassy. This is the latest - a move to Rennes seems to have hit the buffers over the fee. Amiens apparently want £18m.

https://le11amienois.fr/nicolas-holveck-rennes-serhou-guirassy-etait-la-priorite-mais/

Again, if we're willing to spend the money we apparently are, we should be in for him at anything around £15m.

We can't trust McBurnie to be the main, line leading centre forward next season.

In Guirassy we'd be getting someone who can do that and also offer pace and trickery.

Is he sufficiently hungry? Not peckish, full on munchies!!!

Is he sufficiently hungry? Not peckish, full on munchies!!!

Could've left Amiens in January but chose to stay to try and help them stay up.

Doesn't seem overly driven by money.

The integrity and hunger to play football appears strong on this one.

I see S2 are convincing themselves about Watkins with the odd 'I don't see any other option' type comment thrown in.

But it's not like we're only looking in the UK now, as was the case with McBurnie last summer. I'd like us to stay as British as possible but we can't be forcing it with more spends on players like McBurnie.

So most are wanting Watkins based on ignorance, not UK necessity. The "Anyone who had a half decent game this evening" thread on the Rumour Mill is a great piss take - bravo, LondonBlade89!

In hindsight I'd have rather had Watkins for £12m last summer instead of Robinson. And that he's available for only £6m more after the season he's had appears reasonable. But it's still a big spend, and it's a big risk. He's scored those goals in the most creative attacking force in the league. It'd be a very different story for him here. And he's not the type who creates his own chances too often.

We'll sign him though won't we....... and if we do I hope my reservations aren't justified.

Antonee Robinson is a very tempting but ultimately probably a really frustrating one.

He could be a great LWB for us and is available on the cheap but it just feels like we're a year too early for him.

I expect us to upgrade on Stevens next summer, but not before. With Robinson able to go elsewhere in the PL and start straightaway, that's probably what he'll do, rather than come here as cover.

He'll be able to go to West Brom and play regularly straightaway.

Rightback is more a priority for them. Bilic won't be too concerned starting the season with Gibbs and Townsend. I'd look at Brighton and Burnley needing more competition at leftback.

It's a bit of a carpe diem situation with Antonee Robinson, we do have cover at leftback for Enda, but it's not as good, certainly long term, as Robinson. Robinson might look at Enda and be confident he can displace him sooner rather than later.

He can also take a good long thrown in, which is a weapon CW isn't above using.

Yeah, there may well be better options than West Brom.

Any mid/lower PL team who fancy a new first choice left back will be looking at him for sure, at that price.

If we went for him I'd like to think we'd help Wigan out a bit more, because £1.5m is robbery, and they've already been horribly f*cked over. They also helped us up by beating Leeds. Maybe we could give them some loanees but we're currently light of candidates.

If we went for him I'd like to think we'd help Wigan out a bit more, because £1.5m is robbery, and they've already been horribly f*cked over. They also helped us up by beating Leeds. Maybe we could give them some loanees but we're currently light of candidates.

Tyler Smith and Regan Slater maybe? Norrington-Davies is the obvious one to replace Robinson, but based on his current progression he could do with going out to the Championship next season. Maybe to one of the local clubs, like Rotherham or Barnsley.

I see S2 are convincing themselves about Watkins with the odd 'I don't see any other option' type comment thrown in.

But it's not like we're only looking in the UK now, as was the case with McBurnie last summer. I'd like us to stay as British as possible but we can't be forcing it with more spends on players like McBurnie.

So most are wanting Watkins based on ignorance, not UK necessity. The "Anyone who had a half decent game this evening" thread on the Rumour Mill is a great piss take - bravo, LondonBlade89!

In hindsight I'd have rather had Watkins for £12m last summer instead of Robinson. And that he's available for only £6m more after the season he's had appears reasonable. But it's still a big spend, and it's a big risk. He's scored those goals in the most creative attacking force in the league. It'd be a very different story for him here. And he's not the type who creates his own chances too often.

We'll sign him though won't we....... and if we do I hope my reservations aren't justified.

I think Watkins does create lots of chances for himself,
He, or somebody like him is exactly what we need, we have enough players who can have a ball rolled across the area put on a plate for them and still miss.
We need a player that pick the ball up on halfway and only have one thing in his mind, attack, and score goals.

I think Watkins does create lots of chances for himself,
He, or somebody like him is exactly what we need, we have enough players who can have a ball rolled across the area put on a plate for them and still miss.
We need a player that pick the ball up on halfway and only have one thing in his mind, attack, and score goals.

Here are all of his pre-lockdown goals for Brentford:

I think you must have him confused with someone else...

Here are all of his pre-lockdown goals for Brentford:

I think you must have him confused with someone else...

Well you're not going to find clips of him running with the ball unless he scores, but he often does, and often scores from distance too.

And BTW, McBurnie and McGoldrick would have missed most of those 6 yard tap ins

A couple of assists and a bit of running with the ball

Last edited: