Possible Summer Transfer Targets | Vital Football

Possible Summer Transfer Targets

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
I usually do one of these threads for every transfer window.

Basically a range of suggestions that I think could be viable. Lot of foreign names this time.

Add any suggestions of your own.

Forwards

Serhou Guirassy - 24 y/o Amiens CF who has attracted a lot of PL interest, and understandably so. He suits the PL. He's big, strong, has good pace and quick feet. Excellent with his back to goal. Might be available for about £15m.

Florinel Coman - Young Romanian forward we've been linked with. Quick, tricky and has goals in him. He's more of a wide forward but could possibly play behind a striker.

Karlan Grant - Quick, powerful and direct. Has scored 20 in a poor Huddersfield team. Has become a real CF having previously operated as a left winger, and will improve further.

Emmanuel Dennis - Pacy Club Brugge forward who we're already linked with.

Vedat Muriqi - An absolute handful of a target man. Kosovo international, playing for Fenerbahce. Has scored a lot and had big interest. We may still have links with Fener, and we'll be well aware of him after scouting their goalkeeper. We could offer him regular football. Our fans would love him.

Bruno Petkovic - 25 y/o Zagreb CF. Has had a breakthrough season and become Croatia's number 9. Tall, agile, skillful and an aerial threat. Capable of the spectacular.

Michael Gregoritsch - 26 y/o Austrian left footed target man who is equally good dropping deeper to link play. Has an excellent all round skill set but has struggled for goalscoring consistency since notching 13 Bundesliga goals in 2017/18. Contracted to Augsburg. Shouldn't be hard to sign. Has high potential upside.

Roman Yaremchuk - 24 y/o Gent forward and Ukraine international. Has had a breakthrough season for club and country. Tall, mobile, technically adept CF who can play in behind or out wide.

Andreas Cornelius - Robust target man who's had something of a breakthrough season at Parma.

Che Adams - Has matured since he left us. Wilder acknowledged this. I'd take him back, on the right terms.

Ante Budimir - Skillful left footed target man who's had an impressive goalscoring season at relegation threatened Mallorca.

Midfielders

Pierre Kunde - 24 y/o Mainz CM. Cameroon international. Quite like a right footed Fleck. Forward thinking and dynamic with good dribbling, shooting and passing ability. Powerfully built and will win his share of challenges. Ideal for RCM. Could cover CM and LCM too. Watched him a lot and been very impressed. Fell out with his manager a bit, a situation we could possibly exploit. Might cost about £7m.

Ruslan Malinovskyi - Probably in dreamland with this one but he's a great player. Berge's ex Genk team mate. Wasted on Atalanta's bench. Would be good in the 10 role and give us a completely different dimension with his dribbling, passing, long range shooting ability and set piece threat. Great left foot.

Marko Rog - 24 y/o Napoli owned Cagliari loanee. Croatia international. Right footed, tireless, pacy all rounder with particularly good dribbling ability. Very comfortable RCM or LCM. Would be a great fit for us.

Seko Fofana - 25 y/o Udinese CM. Powerhouse with deceptively good technical ability and finesse. Drives forward superbly. Would be a major upgrade at RCM. Ambitious target, but so was Berge!

Conor Gallagher - Possible loan from Chelsea. Maybe even permanent. Attack minded and creative but a really impressive all rounder. Good character too. Has a big future.

Jeff Hendrick - Out of contract at Burnley. Convenient option for RCM. Irish.

Emiliano Buendia - Ambitious one. Exceptional creative talent, and the stats back it up. Good work rate too. Would enable us to play with a 10 again, operating in the right/central attacking area.

Jed Wallace - A bit like a cheaper Buendia. Versatile right sided assist machine. We've previously been interested.

Jefferson Lerma - With Bournemouth going down he might be gettable. His qualities really suit us if we could find the right place for him.

Mady Camara - 23 y/o Olympiakos CM. Already linked. Dynamic box to box type who drives forward well. Has a good shot and is quite two footed. Great fit for RCM.

Paddy McNair - Has looked Boro's best player to me. Versatile all rounder. Also cover at RCB and RWB.

Joe Rothwell - Versatile attacking midfielder at Blackburn with excellent speed, dribbling ability and technique. Would be a different option. Could be moulded into a really good player.

Defenders

Axel Disasi - I don't think we can be spending much on defenders but if we did then this guy would be a great one. Plays for Reims. 22 y/o. Big PL links. Very solid and athletic. Decent on the ball too. Right footed.

Christoph Zimmermann - Norwich's captain in the Championship, and was one of the very best in his position. Good physically, although currently has injury issues. Ideal for CB competition.

Daniel Amartey - Previously linked. Versatile cover throughout the right/central area.

Cyrus Christie - Would cover RWB, also RCB. Decent physically and dribbles well. Another Irish international.

Alexander Djiku - 25 y/o Strasbourg CB who can play in midfield. RCB would suit him.

Jake Cooper - 6 foot 7 left footed Millwall CB who could cover CB/LCB and provide a major presence in both boxes. Was linked a while ago.

Goalkeepers

Dean Henderson - I hope we get him on loan again but if not.....

Aaron Ramsdale - My preferred option. I'd rather our GK be British. He's impressed at Bournemouth - and will still improve a lot. Has a connection with us already. This is a move that would feel right for him and right for us.

Solid McBackup - We need him, too.

Sponsored by Football Index

I usually do one of these threads for every transfer window.

Basically a range of suggestions that I think could be viable. Lot of foreign names this time.

Add any suggestions of your own.

Forwards

Serhou Guirassy - 24 y/o Amiens CF who has attracted a lot of PL interest, and understandably so. He suits the PL. He's big, strong, has good pace and quick feet. Excellent with his back to goal. Might be available for about £15m.

Florinel Coman - Young Romanian forward we've been linked with. Quick, tricky and has goals in him. He's more of a wide forward but could possibly play behind a striker.

Karlan Grant - Quick, powerful and direct. Has scored 20 in a poor Huddersfield team. Has become a real CF having previously operated as a left winger, and will improve further.

Emmanuel Dennis - Pacy Club Brugge forward who we're already linked with.

Vedat Muriqi - An absolute handful of a target man. Kosovo international, playing for Fenerbahce. Has scored a lot and had big interest. We may still have links with Fener, and we'll be well aware of him after scouting their goalkeeper. We could offer him regular football. Our fans would love him.

Bruno Petkovic - 25 y/o Zagreb CF. Has had a breakthrough season and become Croatia's number 9. Tall, agile, skillful and an aerial threat. Capable of the spectacular.

Michael Gregoritsch - 26 y/o Austrian left footed target man who is equally good dropping deeper to link play. Has an excellent all round skill set but has struggled for goalscoring consistency since notching 13 Bundesliga goals in 2017/18. Contracted to Augsburg. Shouldn't be hard to sign. Has high potential upside.

Roman Yaremchuk - 24 y/o Gent forward and Ukraine international. Has had a breakthrough season for club and country. Tall, mobile, technically adept CF who can play in behind or out wide.

Andreas Cornelius - Robust target man who's had something of a breakthrough season at Parma.

Che Adams - Has matured since he left us. Wilder acknowledged this. I'd take him back, on the right terms.

Ante Budimir - Skillful left footed target man who's had an impressive goalscoring season at relegation threatened Mallorca.

Midfielders

Pierre Kunde - 24 y/o Mainz CM. Cameroon international. Quite like a right footed Fleck. Forward thinking and dynamic with good dribbling, shooting and passing ability. Powerfully built and will win his share of challenges. Ideal for RCM. Could cover CM and LCM too. Watched him a lot and been very impressed. Fell out with his manager a bit, a situation we could possibly exploit. Might cost about £7m.

Ruslan Malinovskyi - Probably in dreamland with this one but he's a great player. Berge's ex Genk team mate. Wasted on Atalanta's bench. Would be good in the 10 role and give us a completely different dimension with his dribbling, passing, long range shooting ability and set piece threat. Great left foot.

Marko Rog - 24 y/o Napoli owned Cagliari loanee. Croatia international. Right footed, tireless, pacy all rounder with particularly good dribbling ability. Very comfortable RCM or LCM. Would be a great fit for us.

Seko Fofana - 25 y/o Udinese CM. Powerhouse with deceptively good technical ability and finesse. Drives forward superbly. Would be a major upgrade at RCM. Ambitious target, but so was Berge!

Conor Gallagher - Possible loan from Chelsea. Maybe even permanent. Attack minded and creative but a really impressive all rounder. Good character too. Has a big future.

Jeff Hendrick - Out of contract at Burnley. Convenient option for RCM. Irish.

Emiliano Buendia - Ambitious one. Exceptional creative talent, and the stats back it up. Good work rate too. Would enable us to play with a 10 again, operating in the right/central attacking area.

Jed Wallace - A bit like a cheaper Buendia. Versatile right sided assist machine. We've previously been interested.

Jefferson Lerma - With Bournemouth going down he might be gettable. His qualities really suit us if we could find the right place for him.

Mady Camara - 23 y/o Olympiakos CM. Already linked. Dynamic box to box type who drives forward well. Has a good shot and is quite two footed. Great fit for RCM.

Paddy McNair - Has looked Boro's best player to me. Versatile all rounder. Also cover at RCB and RWB.

Joe Rothwell - Versatile attacking midfielder at Blackburn with excellent speed, dribbling ability and technique. Would be a different option. Could be moulded into a really good player.

Defenders

Axel Disasi - I don't think we can be spending much on defenders but if we did then this guy would be a great one. Plays for Reims. 22 y/o. Big PL links. Very solid and athletic. Decent on the ball too. Right footed.

Christoph Zimmermann - Norwich's captain in the Championship, and was one of the very best in his position. Good physically, although currently has injury issues. Ideal for CB competition.

Daniel Amartey - Previously linked. Versatile cover throughout the right/central area.

Cyrus Christie - Would cover RWB, also RCB. Decent physically and dribbles well. Another Irish international.

Alexander Djiku - 25 y/o Strasbourg CB who can play in midfield. RCB would suit him.

Jake Cooper - 6 foot 7 left footed Millwall CB who could cover CB/LCB and provide a major presence in both boxes. Was linked a while ago.

Goalkeepers

Dean Henderson - I hope we get him on loan again but if not.....

Aaron Ramsdale - My preferred option. I'd rather our GK be British. He's impressed at Bournemouth - and will still improve a lot. Has a connection with us already. This is a move that would feel right for him and right for us.

Solid McBackup - We need him, too.

Sponsored by Football Index
Re; Jake Cooper d'ya not think Jack Robbinson is good enough cover for The Magic Hat Herbie?Or do ya think The Magic Hat may be movin on? Interestin list tho. It's apparently 4years ago today that The Magic Hat & FLECKY signed for DEM MIGHTY BLADES,brilliant business. UTMPB

Last edited:
I don't want Robinson playing anything more than the odd game.

I'm not convinced Cooper is PL standard yet but think he could get there, in the right team. The thing with him is that he could cover Egan as well as O'Connell, and when on the pitch we'd have a major set piece threat, which we currently lack.

Ramsdale is still quite raw but he's very young for a GK and I'd trust our coaches to improve him. He'd also be playing in front of a competent defence.

One big plus with him over the Turkish keepers we've been linked with for example is that he'd take no time to settle in. That could compensate for any faults in his game compared to other keepers while we get him to the level we want him to be.

There's every chance he could be our keeper for the best part of a decade.

Re; Jake Cooper d'ya not think Jack Robbinson is good enough cover for The Magic Hat Herbie?Or do ya think The Magic Hat may be movin on? Interestin list tho. It's apparently 4years ago today that The Magic Hat & FLECKY signed for DEM MIGHTY BLADES,brilliant business. UTMPB
No apparently about it ya duck egg if you read the posts you’d know it was FACT

apparently.... pah :arrghh:

More Forwards:

Ollie Watkins - '£18m plus bits' release clause apparently. Could resurface again if Brentford don't go up.

Ivan Toney - Great scoring record at Peterborough. Good athlete. Wilder had him at Northampton. Might be one we look at.

Callum Wilson - Maybe too old for us to spend on but he'd be ideal. You never know....

Kieffer Moore - Excellent target man. Under rated. If we want to go long more than ever we might as well have one like him in the squad!

Robin Quaison - 26 y/o Sweden international who's had a great season for Mainz, scoring 13. Has the pace, work rate, skill and flexibility to be a good signing for us. Can play in behind or central. Out of contract in a year.

Jean-Philippe Mateta - Quaison's team mate. More an out and out CF. Injury has interrupted his season. Was in demand previously. Tall, agile, quick and capable of excellent footwork. 23 y/o.

Some random thoughts on a few of those:

Karlan Grant

He's been excellent in a continuously poor Huddersfield team for 18 months now. If he is available at a similar price to some of the foreign strikers we have been linked with, then I would rather go for him. The problem with going for players like Dennis or Coman is that you don't know if you are getting the next Jimenez or the next Wesley. How long would it take them to settle and get going? Grant got 4 goals in 12 for one of the worst ever PL teams last year, with another 18 this season (while being played out wide most of the time.)

Jefferson Lerma

He's been linked with big moves before, but he has been shocking since the restart. Looks completely disinterested, and not someone you want in the trenches with you when the going gets tough. Not for me, although he has quality when he bothers to show it.

Paddy McNair

Had another good season for a poor Boro side. He'd be a good signing I think, and probably wouldn't cost a huge amount.

Joe Rothwell

I don't think I've ever seen him have a better than adequate game. He looks like a decent mid-table Championship player and no better to me.

Jake Cooper

Another player I like every time I see him. He's compared his game to O'Connell recently, but he has the attributes to play in the centre as well.

Callum Wilson

I think he is on 80-90k a week. I doubt we will be in contention.

Aaron Ramsdale

Hasn't had the best of it since the restart (some might say that Henderson hasn't either...) but has looked excellent throughout the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go in for him if we can't get Hendo back.

Solid McBackup

Looks brilliant on his YouTube video, but I've been fooled by that before...

A few other names that come to mind:

Jack Stacey

Not had much of a chance at Bournemouth, but he had a run before lockdown and was looking pretty good. Started as a winger at Luton, so could play RWB for us, and is still young and improving.

James Tavernier

I saw a couple of weeks ago that Rangers might be prepared to sell him. Pacey and with a decent cross on him.

Lloyd Kelly

Had a bad injury keep him out for most of the season and is still a bit raw, but he is 6'3, quick and a natural LB, so he could be moulded into a long-term JOC replacement (once we get an offer we can't refuse from a top side...)

Amartey is a player I was excited we were linked with in the summer. Versatile, great athlete, technically accomplished, but he's only been an unused sub in the league cup all season. A Leicester supporter I know told me the rumour is he hasn't been able to fully recover from his ankle break and early retirement may be on the cards, which will be a shame.

I wonder how gettable Matty Cash is ? Forest wanted silly money for him but if they don't go up the pandemic and FFP are chastening factors for them. Luke Freeman who they wanted in January could be used as a makeweight.

you need to get job as wilders chief scout thats some home work ya ddone there love it

Last edited:
Disasi looks like going to Monaco. That's disappointing for someone who seems so ready made for the PL. Especially given how Monaco just stockpile players.

you need to get job as wilders chief scout thats some home work ya ddone there love it

I've paid a lot more attention to the foreign leagues this season. Lots of possible signings for us there now. I bet our scouts are all over them. Wilder said recently we watch a lot of the Bundesliga - so hopefully Kunde in particular is one we consider.

couple o good krauts would be great lol. still think bannarama from brentford plus chris woods and a top defender would do us. id love brooks back but not a chance really

More Midfielders:

John Swift - His name's cropped up again. Might be a good one for the right price. But I'm not convinced he's one we should go for.

Trevoh Chalobah - One of Chelsea's army of youngsters. On loan at Huddersfield. They might sell. Physically impressive, combative and versatile player who looks decent on the ball too. Would cover a lot of positions. Good potential.

Adrien Tameze - Was linked with us in January. Now on loan at Atalanta. Don't think he'll sign permanently to be backup there. Athletic, all action type who's tidy enough in possession. Would compete for CM/RCM.

Ebere Eze - If we plan on playing with a 10 he seems one we're likely to be interested in. But maybe lacks the ability to double as a RCM.

couple o good krauts would be great lol. still think bannarama from brentford plus chris woods and a top defender would do us. id love brooks back but not a chance really

Better chance of Brooks than Benrhama unfortunately
Chelsea and Arsenal are interested in Benrhama and £30 million + is being mentioned

More Forwards:

Ademola Lookman - His pace and trickery would be a big asset. He can do very impressive things. Should be leaving Leipzig.

Habib Diallo - Metz CF, and their captain. Scored 12 this season after scoring 26 in Ligue 2 previously. Spurs bid in January. But it's gone a bit quiet about him. Maybe we'd have a chance, especially if we get in Europe. Good all round athlete with tidy feet, and excellent composure and finishing ability.

Keinan Davis - Was a handful against us for Villa. 22 y/o. I think he has good potential.

Moussa Marega - 29 y/o Porto forward who wants a PL move. Can play wide or central. A threat running in behind and in the air. Strong and quick. Might not cost a big fee.

Disasi looks like going to Monaco. That's disappointing for someone who seems so ready made for the PL. Especially given how Monaco just stockpile players.

I've paid a lot more attention to the foreign leagues this season. Lots of possible signings for us there now. I bet our scouts are all over them. Wilder said recently we watch a lot of the Bundesliga - so hopefully Kunde in particular is one we consider.
I've seen we're bein linked with Kyle Joseph a young striker at Wigan,have you heard much about him Herby? He'd more than likely be signin to play with our U/23's to start with,if we did sign him. UTMPB

Last edited: