Possible Summer Transfer Targets | Page 3 | Vital Football

Possible Summer Transfer Targets

One in the net, unless thats Wes, (can't see it but...), someone who can play No10, someone who is a bit better at kicking the ball between the posts, and a back up player for defence for me.

Well Swift looks like one of the signings.

It remains to be seen what that means for further midfield recruitment.

I don't see Swift as one pencilled in as a regular starter.

If Lunny f**cks off he'll need replacing.

And we may still want to sign a quality number 10.

But we could get both with one signing. Ideal for me would be...

1) A quality RCM who can also do a good job as a 10 (Gallagher)
2) A quality 10 who can also do a good job at RCM (Buendia)

Either of those would be worth spending serious money on.

Ken Sema - 26 y/o Udinese LWB, on loan from Watford. Talk of a PL move for him. Athletic attack minded wide player with a football brain and end product. Always impresses me. Based on Stevens' form we might need some serious competition, and he can also cover LCM, where he played last night in the win over Juve.

Tosin Adarabioyo - Manchester City CB who has just had a successful loan spell at Blackburn. He'll be 23 by the time next season starts, so City might be prepared to move him on, possibly for a moderate fee with a buy-back clause. He's big, strong and can play a bit, but not especially mobile. He could be moulded into a long-term successor to Egan though.

Tosin is one I'd considered. Ideal for the central role. More height, mobility and ability on the ball than Egan. Mature and possibly a future captain. Definitely has a good future. Still really young for a CB, and still has catching up to do for his age given his shortage of professional appearances. Everton were linked. Will be interesting to see whether City sell, and where he goes.

Tosin Adarabioyo - Manchester City CB who has just had a successful loan spell at Blackburn. He'll be 23 by the time next season starts, so City might be prepared to move him on, possibly for a moderate fee with a buy-back clause. He's big, strong and can play a bit, but not especially mobile. He could be moulded into a long-term successor to Egan though.

To my eyes, 'long term successors' are not where its at this summer.

We have two weak spots. If we don't keep Henderson, then we have a problem keeping them out. We have a problem at the other end knocking them in regardless, and need to find 15 more goals. The rest has got us into the top 8, although we have seemingly stopped playing our nice triangles in favour of booting it long. CWAK to rethink the midfield perhaps.?

Before we think of possible targets to sign who do we want to keep and those might not be able to keep. FKB has it exactly right we need to look to players who could come into the side immediately.
The mostly likely to leave Henderson, O'Connell played exceptionally well and promoted by the Media, and Lundstram looking for big pay rise.
Although In general terms I am in favour of signing elderly players from premier league clubs mainly because most of them would break our wage structure. however if Hendo is recalled I would take a punt on Ben Foster.Although Watford have struggled every time I have seen him on MOD he as made some outstanding saves, remember his 3 costing us 2 points at the Lane. Probably would not be far out of our wage structure
We need challengers for all the back 5 especially if O' Connell does go, especially
for Stevens who is very good at going forward but poor at defending, As said on another thread McGoldrick is not a natural goal scoring forward but could do the Duffy role buzzing around to pick the passes from midfield defence.
As for players to bring in I think i will leave that to management and their scouts.
7 weeks is not along time to bond any new signings into an established groups,

Before we think of possible targets to sign who do we want to keep and those might not be able to keep. FKB has it exactly right we need to look to players who could come into the side immediately.
The mostly likely to leave Henderson, O'Connell played exceptionally well and promoted by the Media, and Lundstram looking for big pay rise.
Although In general terms I am in favour of signing elderly players from premier league clubs mainly because most of them would break our wage structure. however if Hendo is recalled I would take a punt on Ben Foster.Although Watford have struggled every time I have seen him on MOD he as made some outstanding saves, remember his 3 costing us 2 points at the Lane. Probably would not be far out of our wage structure
We need challengers for all the back 5 especially if O' Connell does go, especially
for Stevens who is very good at going forward but poor at defending, As said on another thread McGoldrick is not a natural goal scoring forward but could do the Duffy role buzzing around to pick the passes from midfield defence.
As for players to bring in I think i will leave that to management and their scouts.
7 weeks is not along time to bond any new signings into an established groups,
I would ideally like to keep Baldock, Bash, Egan, JOC, Berge, Fleck, McBurnie, Osborn and hopefully Hendo. The rest could be replaced by better in my opinion. Welcome to VB by the way 👍

Can't disagree with that,but look out from the flack from Aya.
I think as teams have worked us out, pressed us or matched our system Stevens has really struggled compared with Baldock. I just want us to keep improving and there is no room for sentiment. We already know I am not very empathetic 😉

To my eyes, 'long term successors' are not where its at this summer.

We have two weak spots. If we don't keep Henderson, then we have a problem keeping them out. We have a problem at the other end knocking them in regardless, and need to find 15 more goals. The rest has got us into the top 8, although we have seemingly stopped playing our nice triangles in favour of booting it long. CWAK to rethink the midfield perhaps.?

I agree that the majority of our funds should be used for first team GK and ST positions, but we will only have four defenders to cover three positions next season. We have to bring in a couple more and we can't afford to buy players who are better than what we have, so it will have to be young players with potential, who can act as cover while they learn the system on the training ground so they can fit straight into the system in the future. Like Ben Osborn has done recently.

Yes they have worked out how we play but more importantly they study each player and highlight his weaknesses and even during the championship campaign it was obvious that Stevens was 99 percent left footed so cut inside on his weaker side. Much more noticeable in pre.

Have they 'worked us out' or have we changed to way we play?
I cannot imagine that Wilder would change how we played against Wolves, Tottenham and Chelsea. Leicester and Everton have very experienced managers who made tweaks to stop us from gaining momentum. That is the problem when you don’t have technical players or have strikers good enough to make the ball stick. When they get pressed and squeezed they start to panic and make poor decisions.

I cannot imagine that Wilder would change how we played against Wolves, Tottenham and Chelsea. Leicester and Everton have very experienced managers who made tweaks to stop us from gaining momentum. That is the problem when you don’t have technical players or have strikers good enough to make the ball stick. When they get pressed and squeezed they start to panic and make poor decisions.
I did put a question mark but it wasn't a question......we have stopped doing
our overlapping CBs compared to earlier in the season. To much relience on
break aways and long ball. That could be a conscious decision or something the players developed to counter Norwood's poor part season (for him).

Tonight's game only further confirms what I already thought - Conor Gallagher would be a perfect signing for us.

Would even be worth doing just on a loan deal.

But Chelsea would probably prefer to send him to a team who sometimes try to have the ball.

Herbert where are you seeing as Ricky has been banned of S2.

Only on here for now.

Any idea if I've been banned permanently?

When I go to the site it now just says 'you have been banned'. It previously said when the ban would be lifted as well.

Hopefully little Bitchman Morgans is happy with his work. The Rumour Mill needs Daddy back.

Tonight's game only further confirms what I already thought - Conor Gallagher would be a perfect signing for us.

Would even be worth doing just on a loan deal.

But Chelsea would probably prefer to send him to a team who sometimes try to have the ball.

I wonder what they thought of us when we stuffed them 3-0 a couple of weeks ago, or should we only use our bad games a measure of what we are.?