Possible Summer Transfer Targets | Page 2 | Vital Football

Possible Summer Transfer Targets

I've seen we're bein linked with Kyle Joseph a young striker at Wigan,have you heard much about him Herby? He'd more than likely be signin to play with our U/23's to start with,if we did sign him. UTMPB

Don't know about him.

Wigan worth looking at now though, in their unfortunate desperate situation.

Anyone think our targets list will be players we've never heard or thought of..?

There's certain to be some of them, but I'm sure many of the names on here will be under consideration too.

We seem to have recurring links in Norway/Sweden, so some lesser heard names from countries like that and Denmark may crop up. Belgium too.

We've also been looking in Turkey and Greece.

Casting the net wider than ever, without doubt.

Don't know about him.

Wigan worth looking at now though, in their unfortunate desperate situation.
Celtic,Leicester are among other clubs interested in the kid and given Wigan's perilous predicament at this time,He'll be cheap(i wonder how long before Mr McCabe's name gets a mention):giggle: UTMPB

Josh King - Could this one be possible? What a signing he'd be. If we get in Europe we might be able to target players like him. Berge's Norway team mate as well.

I'm increasingly thinking the likes of him and Callum Wilson could be gettable.

Someone go and do a Marko Rog thread on the S2 Rumour Mill.

A necessary suggestion. He's bang on for us.

I'll let you take the credit :LOL:

Oh and bump the Kunde and Guirassy threads!

Last edited:
Josh King - Could this one be possible? What a signing he'd be. If we get in Europe we might be able to target players like him. Berge's Norway team mate as well.

I'm increasingly thinking the likes of him and Callum Wilson could be gettable.

They are both on 80-100k a week. I'm sure we will increase the amounts we are prepared to pay as we progress, but there's no chance of us leaping that far forward in one go, even if we qualify for Europe.

I just wonder what they'll be on after relegation though?

I'd expect a club like Bournemouth to include relegation wage reduction clauses in all contracts.

For any players on massive wages, the percentage of the reduction might be substantial.

Then I wonder who else will be interested in Wilson and King? And would they be regular starters for them?

Our transfer targets have repeatedly been more ambitious than we've expected recently. These two would be a continuation of that, and I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

I'm amazed no one's mentioned us goin for Steven Fletcher,he'd cost us £40k a week but no fee.UTMPB

Anthony Knockaert - Has that out and out flair, unpredictability and creativity we lack. Very talented. Can produce something from nothing. He's primarily a winger but the prospect of giving him a free role around a striker or two is very interesting. Would be an excellent option on the bench. Another French lad to help Mousset, too.

Cucho Hernandez - Watford striker who's spent the season on loan at Mallorca. Flexible forward with good pace and control. Can finish. Only 21. Looks to have something about him for sure. Maybe Watford will be selling.

Fuuuucccckk.

Thought he was due back at Brighton.

£15m too apparently. Ooft.
Was always goin to stay there and keep it in the family don’t think it’s about the money for him (although it wouldn’t surprise me if Fulham could him more than us)

The Khans who own Fulham, the Jacksonville Jaguars and AEW Wrestling are worth a reported $12 billion so they've got a few more bob than the Prince. I just don't understand them giving Parker the gig, their squad should have walked top two.

Speaking of Fulham players, their ex player and world cup winner Andre Schurrle has retired from the game at 29 after becoming disillusioned with the sport. Strange how some players keep their hunger throughout their careers and others realise they're set up for life at 25 and lose motivation. When I saw he'd left Dortmund it did cross my mind 'could he do a job for the Blades'.

The Khans who own Fulham, the Jacksonville Jaguars and AEW Wrestling are worth a reported $12 billion so they've got a few more bob than the Prince. I just don't understand them giving Parker the gig, their squad should have walked top two.

Speaking of Fulham players, their ex player and world cup winner Andre Schurrle has retired from the game at 29 after becoming disillusioned with the sport. Strange how some players keep their hunger throughout their careers and others realise they're set up for life at 25 and lose motivation. When I saw he'd left Dortmund it did cross my mind 'could he do a job for the Blades'.
Stick him up top with podolski

Leganes relegated. Very unfairly I might add. Some of their players to look at:

Kenneth Omeruo - Former Chelsea CB. Quick, front foot defender who's decent with the ball. Would do well at RCB but usually plays on the left. Also has a long throw.

Jonathan Silva
- 2 cap Argentina international. 26 y/o left back/wing back who'd provide serious regular competition for Stevens and also cover LCB, where he's played numerous times this season. Solid, aggressive, mobile and has quality.

Kevin Rodrigues - 26 y/o diminutive, versatile left sided player with excellent technical quality and good mobility. Capped by Portugal. Would cover the same positions as Osborn so would be an option if he left. Contracted to Sociedad.

Rhian Brewster

Young Liverpool striker who is having an excellent second half of the season on loan at Swansea. A Premier League loan would probably suit both him and Liverpool, and he could learn a lot from training with a natural finisher like Sharp.

I usually do one of these threads for every transfer window.

Basically a range of suggestions that I think could be viable. Lot of foreign names this time.

Add any suggestions of your own.

Forwards

Serhou Guirassy - 24 y/o Amiens CF who has attracted a lot of PL interest, and understandably so. He suits the PL. He's big, strong, has good pace and quick feet. Excellent with his back to goal. Might be available for about £15m.

Florinel Coman - Young Romanian forward we've been linked with. Quick, tricky and has goals in him. He's more of a wide forward but could possibly play behind a striker.

Karlan Grant - Quick, powerful and direct. Has scored 20 in a poor Huddersfield team. Has become a real CF having previously operated as a left winger, and will improve further.

Emmanuel Dennis - Pacy Club Brugge forward who we're already linked with.

Vedat Muriqi - An absolute handful of a target man. Kosovo international, playing for Fenerbahce. Has scored a lot and had big interest. We may still have links with Fener, and we'll be well aware of him after scouting their goalkeeper. We could offer him regular football. Our fans would love him.

Bruno Petkovic - 25 y/o Zagreb CF. Has had a breakthrough season and become Croatia's number 9. Tall, agile, skillful and an aerial threat. Capable of the spectacular.

Michael Gregoritsch - 26 y/o Austrian left footed target man who is equally good dropping deeper to link play. Has an excellent all round skill set but has struggled for goalscoring consistency since notching 13 Bundesliga goals in 2017/18. Contracted to Augsburg. Shouldn't be hard to sign. Has high potential upside.

Roman Yaremchuk - 24 y/o Gent forward and Ukraine international. Has had a breakthrough season for club and country. Tall, mobile, technically adept CF who can play in behind or out wide.

Andreas Cornelius - Robust target man who's had something of a breakthrough season at Parma.

Che Adams - Has matured since he left us. Wilder acknowledged this. I'd take him back, on the right terms.

Ante Budimir - Skillful left footed target man who's had an impressive goalscoring season at relegation threatened Mallorca.

Midfielders

Pierre Kunde - 24 y/o Mainz CM. Cameroon international. Quite like a right footed Fleck. Forward thinking and dynamic with good dribbling, shooting and passing ability. Powerfully built and will win his share of challenges. Ideal for RCM. Could cover CM and LCM too. Watched him a lot and been very impressed. Fell out with his manager a bit, a situation we could possibly exploit. Might cost about £7m.

Ruslan Malinovskyi - Probably in dreamland with this one but he's a great player. Berge's ex Genk team mate. Wasted on Atalanta's bench. Would be good in the 10 role and give us a completely different dimension with his dribbling, passing, long range shooting ability and set piece threat. Great left foot.

Marko Rog - 24 y/o Napoli owned Cagliari loanee. Croatia international. Right footed, tireless, pacy all rounder with particularly good dribbling ability. Very comfortable RCM or LCM. Would be a great fit for us.

Seko Fofana - 25 y/o Udinese CM. Powerhouse with deceptively good technical ability and finesse. Drives forward superbly. Would be a major upgrade at RCM. Ambitious target, but so was Berge!

Conor Gallagher - Possible loan from Chelsea. Maybe even permanent. Attack minded and creative but a really impressive all rounder. Good character too. Has a big future.

Jeff Hendrick - Out of contract at Burnley. Convenient option for RCM. Irish.

Emiliano Buendia - Ambitious one. Exceptional creative talent, and the stats back it up. Good work rate too. Would enable us to play with a 10 again, operating in the right/central attacking area.

Jed Wallace - A bit like a cheaper Buendia. Versatile right sided assist machine. We've previously been interested.

Jefferson Lerma - With Bournemouth going down he might be gettable. His qualities really suit us if we could find the right place for him.

Mady Camara - 23 y/o Olympiakos CM. Already linked. Dynamic box to box type who drives forward well. Has a good shot and is quite two footed. Great fit for RCM.

Paddy McNair - Has looked Boro's best player to me. Versatile all rounder. Also cover at RCB and RWB.

Joe Rothwell - Versatile attacking midfielder at Blackburn with excellent speed, dribbling ability and technique. Would be a different option. Could be moulded into a really good player.

Defenders

Axel Disasi - I don't think we can be spending much on defenders but if we did then this guy would be a great one. Plays for Reims. 22 y/o. Big PL links. Very solid and athletic. Decent on the ball too. Right footed.

Christoph Zimmermann - Norwich's captain in the Championship, and was one of the very best in his position. Good physically, although currently has injury issues. Ideal for CB competition.

Daniel Amartey - Previously linked. Versatile cover throughout the right/central area.

Cyrus Christie - Would cover RWB, also RCB. Decent physically and dribbles well. Another Irish international.

Alexander Djiku - 25 y/o Strasbourg CB who can play in midfield. RCB would suit him.

Jake Cooper - 6 foot 7 left footed Millwall CB who could cover CB/LCB and provide a major presence in both boxes. Was linked a while ago.

Goalkeepers

Dean Henderson - I hope we get him on loan again but if not.....

Aaron Ramsdale - My preferred option. I'd rather our GK be British. He's impressed at Bournemouth - and will still improve a lot. Has a connection with us already. This is a move that would feel right for him and right for us.

Solid McBackup - We need him, too.

Sponsored by Football Index
All very good,but i dont think we are spending big this time around after listening to Wilder,free agents is what we are looking at if we are to believe what Wilder says,first free agent signed Fodder Wes.

Wilder always lies about our budget.

It's also always made out we're only after '3 or 4' but we end up with significantly more every single time.

I think we'll be spending a decent amount, but a reduced amount, like nearly every other club.

If I had to guess I'd say our net spend will be between £30-40m.