Possible GFC Future | Page 3 | Vital Football

Possible GFC Future

Again ... leading with abuse.

You have absolutely no idea of my skill set.

As it happens, when working in the City, I was involved with an event at the Whitbread Brewery's function rooms.
So there ! :p

You say: "[we] have absolutely no idea of [your] skill set", but I disagree.

I think many of us had guessed that you have no real skills other than the manipulation of other people's words but I suppose we should have guessed that you were a City boy. That makes sense.

Does this constitute "abuse" ?!

Much better to hibernate live football until we can revive the real deal, hopefully sooner than now seems possible.
I Failed experiments leading to the slow death of our football club and others is my real fear.
Elsewhere, I might respond to the "half-empty" side of this.......

But with others here being similarly negative .....let's say instead such concerns are "realistic"....
I don't "get" the desire by some to end 2019/20 prematurely.

Surely your "hibernation" and "failed experiment" thoughts imply an August re-start is unlikely ?
(Presumably we're all still assuming no mass-vaccine by then ...?)

If so, what is the chance of a full 46 game 2020/21 ?
If a full season is as unlikely as "realists" fear, then surely next "season" can only be with mini-leagues, so we might as well play the last 9 or so games of 2019/20 when possible.

You say: "[we] have absolutely no idea of [your] skill set", but I disagree.

I think many of us had guessed that you have no real skills other than the manipulation of other people's words but I suppose we should have guessed that you were a City boy. That makes sense.

Does this constitute "abuse" ?!
:off:
No !#! Over-use ?
:band2:

p.s. Surely it is your mis-representations of others that amounts to "manipulation of other people's words"?
What a looking-glass world when "correcting the record" is described as "manipulation " .......:clown:

Still :off:
(i.e. why didn't you post this on one of the more political threads ...)

Last edited:
Predictably Tarian you can only see this issue in a for and against way, bold v tentative, positive v negative.

I am open to finishing the season but time is very nearly out and I am not responsible for the finances of a football club. There are many meaningless games outstanding. Why would any chairman want to play them and incur costs. There are even more games where one team has no interest and we have enough talk of teams not turning up in normal seasons.

I am assuming nothing about the progress of the virus, efforts to develop a vaccine, or anything else. Numbers presently are very encouraging and I can imagine positive scenarios:

The virus effectively peters out would be the best possible scenario with development of schemes to spot and control any mini outbreaks.

Medical treatments might increase in efficacy to the point where the illness became altogether less scary and consequential.

I don't think that hurrah and let's get on with it constitutes any sort of strategy at all. We must plan for what is and several thousand people in a stadium like ours is a way off. I am not convinced how many players are ready to play yet and I want football to start for us when there is something worth watching, not a dreary procession to order and games without atmosphere.

You neatly avoid the government position, which forsees no return of spectators yet even at elite level. Perhaps you should be lobbying them.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...d-could-resume-on-june-1-government-announces

Given teams will need a fair few games to get march fit.If we are able to play again in Autumn I can't see why we could not start by finishing off the season knock the play off semis on the head.Play the last games and top two go up next two into a play off final.Then start the season. They could start behind closed doors. Then bit by bit allow fans back.It would mean less in the way of refunds. Some teams would not be full on but that would be the same for everyone. If there was a dead rubber and the sides agree to cancel then they get a point each.There by teams like Tranmere get a fighting chance. Teams are fit for the new season that could kick off within say three weeks all being well.You would then probably know who will be involved. Or you might get a situation where you kick off a season with unfit players and perhaps up to half go bust within a few months. At least this way you would probably know who will be able to start the new campaign.It seems likely that the league's will be smaller so kicking off the season few months late would probably not be a problem. Hopefully by then we could get back to nearer normal.

Last edited:
I don’t think the EFL need to over think this.
A simple vote should suffice with the majority carrying
Play or pack up.
If you pack up, then the season is effectively cancelled.