Possible EFL answer to Cricket 100 format? | Vital Football

Possible EFL answer to Cricket 100 format?

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
The EFL 100 Pointer

6 franchises to be set up around the country to represent the diversity of clubs

Gills to be combined with Charlton and Millwall to form the "Suburban ******" franchise, playing home games at the re-named Charlton stadium the Chav Valley.

The first team to get to 100 points will be declared the winner but should that total not be reached by either team after 30 minutes then the team with the most points will be declared the winner.

The term "goal" will be changed to "net" and a "net" will be worth 5 points. If a player scores a hat trick it will now be called a "Nobby" and be worth 25 points.

A penalty will be called a "Southgate" and if successful be worth 5 points. A missed Southgate will result in a deduction of 3 points.

Any sideways or backwards "delivery" (formerly "pass" ) in the team's own half will result in a deduction of 1 point.

A panel of 5 out of work actors will deduct points out of 5 for the performance of any player going down injured ranging from 0 points for authentic up to 5 for ham acting

If the arbiter (formerly the "referee") deems a team is indulging in time wasting tactics he will get the DJ to play a 15 second snatch of Cher's "If I could turn back time" and deduct 10 points from said team's total.

I reckon it could work and give that cricket abomination a run for its money.

That would be good. It would be something for REAL football fans, who watch REAL football, and like REAL cricket, and drink REAL beer and REAL coffee, and eat REAL food and listen to REAL music to bitch and whine, and feel superior about

I don't like this new Hundred form of cricket. Set of 5 instead of over. Can't say batsman no more because it's sexist, you have to say batter.
What term should they say in court for manslaughter if it was a woman that was killed?