Posh tomorrow. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Posh tomorrow.

Must have been somewhere a 6ft forward on a free and out of contract And we go and sign a small forward. With a goal scoring record of 9 goals in eleven seasons We always new it was going to hard But we are not helping our selfs.

John Sheridan is clearly following Cooks blueprint from last season.
Another manager who is trying too hard to be smart IMO.
Even if the pegs are of lower quality putting them in the wrong holes doesn't work and isn't working (again).
There's not exactly competition for places so just play what we have in their most effective position.
If he sticks around may work it out come Feb - do all pro licences come with a special play dumb bolt on ?

Must have been somewhere a 6ft forward on a free and out of contract And we go and sign a small forward. With a goal scoring record of 9 goals in eleven seasons We always new it was going to hard But we are not helping our selfs.
It's a good contest for worst player between Keane, Massey and Gardner - all are consistent

Don't think Sheridan is getting enough out of this team at all, and too many mistakes at the back that don't seem to be rectified but called out in interview. Honestly think under new ownership we need to look at a new manager. Also these youngsters who done amazing last season showed alot of ability already this season. Likes of Aasgard, Merrie, Perry, and Long all had better performances and form compared to the patch signings we made who are average at this level at best. No reason not to play these lads now.

Deja vu again to the last couple of starts to seasons. Players on the wrong side or out of position and gifting the opposition with weekly errors. February can't come soon enough.

Hopefully won't have to wait that long to see some improvements!

As frustrating as it is this set of players are still strangers with no preseason to get fit or develop any cohesion or style of play. We are literally working it out as we go so got to hope as they get used to each other they start to improve.

But having said all that goals change games and if we could cut out the awful individual errors (I think every goal we let in this seasons been down to poor defensive mistakes) our heads wouldn't drop and I don't think any team is any good at this level. If we could stop giving opposition a head start and make them earn their goals I don't think we'd have let many in and we'd probably manage to grind out results most weeks.

Good news in we only have ourselves to blame for these losses so it's in our power to put it right.

If you mean Keane, he's 6ft 2. He just plays like he's smaller.

Don't think Sheridan is getting enough out of this team at all, and too many mistakes at the back that don't seem to be rectified but called out in interview. Honestly think under new ownership we need to look at a new manager. Also these youngsters who done amazing last season showed alot of ability already this season. Likes of Aasgard, Merrie, Perry, and Long all had better performances and form compared to the patch signings we made who are average at this level at best. No reason not to play these lads now.

I'm beginning to think that you don't like our manager, Franco 😕

I'm beginning to think that you don't like our manager, Franco 😕

I like how he says things exactly how it is, and I respect it a lot, and I am grateful that he stepped up to help us in our time of need, but he is not good enough for us long term, and I would hope when we get new owners we get a manager for the long term. I just don't think he is good enough, considering his track record. Also, I felt our young players have played well enough to start, but as soon as he signed some of his mates from past clubs, they have been left out to dry. We got results when the younger lads did play. Personally, these younger players are just better players and I see it more beneficial to us long term, both results-wise and financially that they are given the chance and starts they earned.

I like how he says things exactly how it is, and I respect it a lot, and I am grateful that he stepped up to help us in our time of need, but he is not good enough for us long term, and I would hope when we get new owners we get a manager for the long term. I just don't think he is good enough, considering his track record. Also, I felt our young players have played well enough to start, but as soon as he signed some of his mates from past clubs, they have been left out to dry. We got results when the younger lads did play. Personally, these younger players are just better players and I see it more beneficial to us long term, both results-wise and financially that they are given the chance and starts they earned.

Not a fan of Sheridan but he had to bring some experience in and I suppose better players you know and trust. Matty Palmer looked ok but time will tell.

It's horrible to watch really and such a bitter pill to swallow when you consider the side we were watching just three months ago.

Fans are losing interest and are becoming past the point of caring and that is the biggest damage currently being caused by the situation. Because if we survive as a club and things get back to normal in terms of fans allowed into stadiums, I suspect this whole nightmare will have cost us thousands of paying fans. I honestly see us going to back to the days of Springfield Park attendance numbers. People won't come back, they won't have the motivation, only apathy. The belief, the fight, the spirit has been beaten out of all of us. It just doesn't feel like our club.

I can't express enough just how huge a job any new owners have on their hands to turn this club around on and off the pitch.

It's horrible to watch really and such a bitter pill to swallow when you consider the side we were watching just three months ago.

Fans are losing interest and are becoming past the point of caring and that is the biggest damage currently being caused by the situation. Because if we survive as a club and things get back to normal in terms of fans allowed into stadiums, I suspect this whole nightmare will have cost us thousands of paying fans. I honestly see us going to back to the days of Springfield Park attendance numbers. People won't come back, they won't have the motivation, only apathy. The belief, the fight, the spirit has been beaten out of all of us. It just doesn't feel like our club.

I can't express enough just how huge a job any new owners have on their hands to turn this club around on and off the pitch.

FFS, cheer me up why don't you. Hide them tablets luv.

If anyone decides to ditch us because of the current situation then they're not proper Tics anyroad. I sometimes wish we were back at Springy with 5k diehards and maybe that's where we are heading.

I share your concerns C_Latic, I know a couple of lads who have been life long season ticket holders and the passion and interest has just gone. Really hope it returns for them once we can attend matches again but I'm doubtful.
Dread to think what season ticket numbers will be like once the new normality returns and I hope the new owner is fully aware of this and not another naive and clueless numpty looking for a quick return on an investment and ready to bail out when it doesn't materialise within 18 months.