Posh tomorrow. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Posh tomorrow.

Interesting post as I find myself one of those apathetic at present.

Basically we’ve had the life kicked out of us and it’s a perfect storm with Covid too. We went from shite to rather good since the turn of the year. However even admin couldn’t dent the form and I think we all felt immense pride at how the team and manager represented this club. Bar really Naismith they’ve all gone and we were unfairly relegated. We’ve now a team full of odds and ends and a journeyman manager. Throw in the ownership uncertainty and the fact we can’t even attend means I’m struggling to find a connection and my interest is low. Can’t even get angry or upset at continued defeats. In fact I haven’t even watched the last two and couldn’t even be arsed following the score, let alone commenting on it.

I enjoy going to football to support my club club and everything it encompasses such as to the pub beforehand to catch up with mates/family. I enjoy watching football on tv, be that pl, efl etc. What I’m struggle to enjoy is supporting my team by watching it purely on TV. I don’t know how these armchair glory hunters do it as it’s two separate concepts for me as it’s so disconnected.

We are in a state of limbo on and off the pitch. Get this deal over the line, move out some of the journeymen in January, bring in one or two, stave off relegation and get life back to normality and I’m sure I’ll feel different. Build a team to compete next season and hopefully the supporter churn won’t be as great as what you (and to a degree I) fear it maybe.

Probably the sentiments and thots of a fair few on here MiW & Latins supporters elsewhere....perhaps even football supporters across the country who generally go to matches feel the same albeit there club not in the same shitty situation we are in. Although your comment re watching footy on telly, yes it's shit when behind closed doors but live with a full stadium can be a decent watch..hopefully when we get back to 'normal' and fans are allowed back in then our fire might be rekindled..