Port Vale (h): What 3 Things Did We Learn? | Vital Football

Port Vale (h): What 3 Things Did We Learn?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
What three things did we learn in today's 1-1 draw against Port Vale?

Minimum of 150 words required!

We are not playing well at the moment and have lost our way. Relying on a small core of players is hurting us and need to rotate loans to increase real competition in the squad.
Refs in this league are generally poor but linos are shocking.
Contrast the ability of Andrade and Anderson and then look at their effort and commitment. I know who I prefer.Not sure Andrade is injured or unfit and I hope this is a blip.

If the final whistle had blown five minutes earlier, then we would have dodged a bullet today, and been raving about the result. However, the luck we had at Cambridge was balanced out in injury time.

Lets not forget that we are in a fantastic position. 51 points and 8 points clear of fourth. However, the match clearly showed how small the squad is and how some good replacements are needed. The team looked completely exhausted (for whatever reason) towards the end. Injuries are bound to strike at some stage, and we don't have a lot beyond 14 or 15 players at the moment.

However, in the summer, Woodyard, Waterfall, Whitehouse and Farman were replaced with Shackell, O'Connor, Toffolo, Andrade, Akinde and Smith. Similarly good recruitment would set us up well for the rest of this season and hopefully League 1 in August too.

We need to enjoy Saturday and then recruit wisely. I have every faith in Danny, Nicky and the board to do a good job. Surely good players in the lower leagues or the National League will want to join the Lincoln loco?

Happy New Year! UTI