Port Vale (a): What 3 Things Did We Learn? | Vital Football

Port Vale (a): What 3 Things Did We Learn?

1. We now have enough depth in the squad to have 2 different teams and still be competitive.

2. The best for of defence is attack, with the right players 3 at the back does work.

3. There is a great spirit in the squad, and we have players that are pleased to, and will fight for the shirt (as long as it is Anthracite grey ;)

1. Pett has improved tremendously since last season;
2. Squad looks really together and working for one another;
3. Akinde getting back to something like the form we expected.

1) We have goals and genuine blistering pace up top

2) Taylor’s records from 43 years are under threat

3) Schoey’s aesthetically pleasing style has been matched ..... at last .... hurrah :wahey:

1. Strength in depth is proven. Port Vale fans said they were playing our 'reserves' and while that isn't exactly true, we left several first-teamers out of the lineup, and still had a strong bench that helped kill the game.

2. Matt Rhead needs to reassess his game. He is a very big reason, in more ways than one, why it will take a long time for us to shed our 'dark-hearted and cynical' hoof and hassle image.

3. Juan Luque the new Cameron Stewart? I don't understand why we would sign someone on a six-month contract and not give him any time in a first round cup game that we were already comfortably winning.

1) Shackell's signing could be a masterstroke and at such short notice, that is really rather remarkable.

2) Chapman is ready to start in League 2.

3) We have an embarrassment of riches in the final third of the field.

With respect to Luque, surely he will have to feature in the Checkatrade, even if only as a 60 minute sub?

I'm assuming international clearance has come through.

With respect to Luque, surely he will have to feature in the Checkatrade, even if only as a 60 minute sub?

I'm assuming international clearance has come through.

One would hope...!

1. Highlights reveals some very happy players and a unified team spirit. Worth going for cups as gives everyone game time and reduces unhappiness. Play Crookes and Juan soon please!
2. Akinde goal is what I was hoping for when he signed.
3. Vickers, Bozzie and Eardley are just three of our big beasts. Please add Wharton, O'Connor and (ahem) Shack!