Port Vale (a): Ticket Information | Page 2 | Vital Football

Port Vale (a): Ticket Information

Looks like it is going to be the 07:04 train from Lincoln instead of the 07:36!

Over 900 sold, hopefully we'll take over 1000

Away following this season has been unusual in some ways- sold out 1600 at Northampton on day one which was phenomenal but lower than I was expecting at Macc and Cheltenham compared to our league position.

Doesn't mean the away following over last two years isn't still beyond anything we have had for some time and Scunny last Tuesday was another example of how unusual our following can be.

We took just under 1500 last year to Vale Park but looks like, with sales and POTD, we will have 300-400 less this season than last season yet are (at this stage of the season) considerably more successful.

Funny old game.

Apart from the grounds where a sell out is nailed on people are now wise to being able to rock up on the day and get a ticket so for a game like Port Vale there will be a higher percentage of pay on the day than for example at Mansfield. Gates will also build if we remain in contention as the season pans out.

IFollow effect also. Reasonably close for me but others quite a trek so to sit at home on a windy day and pay a tenner rather than at least twenty then petrol and probably food is an easy option for many

I'd expect many getting the trains will stay at home and ifollow the match. What I ended up doing (and lucky I did as train was delayed and I would have missed my connection)

1,165 -in any other circumstance this would be exceptional away following....however iFollow (or some other reason) has reduced the away end by 300 compared to the same fixture last season

Excellent turnout once again 1000+ for a 2 hour journey in our league is superb
If we’re still knocking around the top of the league in Feb /March then can see most away games selling out

Weren't there train strikes? As has been said the weather didn't help either.
Shona and I thought of going but the cost put us off, doh!

I live in the lakes where storm Callum was hitting and the trains were delayed and therefore I would have missed the match. You need some common sense and manners, mate.

I assume you won't get to many games between now and mid April then

I assume you won't get to many games between now and mid April then
Well you know, when I go home to Lincoln - i won’t be in the lakes anymore so will probably be able to go. And when I move after training to somewhere I won’t be here either so may get to games. And storm Callum isn’t here until April.

What i’m trying to say is that common sense would suggest that I know more about me than you do.

Well you know, when I go home to Lincoln - i won’t be in the lakes anymore so will probably be able to go. And when I move after training to somewhere I won’t be here either so may get to games. And storm Callum isn’t here until April.

What i’m trying to say is that common sense would suggest that I know more about me than you do.

I'm a little lost here. You wrote that the weather had an effect on our away crowd at Port Vale and I suggested to you it was as a lovely, warm autumnal day. Seem to remember the snowy blizzard conditions on the A66 coming home from Carlisle last season. I can't imagine many fans thinking' it's a bit windy today, I don't think I will bother going to the game'

I'm a little lost here. You wrote that the weather had an effect on our away crowd at Port Vale and I suggested to you it was as a lovely, warm autumnal day. Seem to remember the snowy blizzard conditions on the A66 coming home from Carlisle last season. I can't imagine many fans thinking' it's a bit windy today, I don't think I will bother going to the game'
Sorry I overestimated you again.

Yes. If people were getting trains, and then trains are cancelled then you can’t get to the match. Therefore you don’t go to the match. Therefore our away attendance would be lower. So weather would have lowered our attendance.

Sorry I overestimated you again.

Yes. If people were getting trains, and then trains are cancelled then you can’t get to the match. Therefore you don’t go to the match. Therefore our away attendance would be lower. So weather would have lowered our attendance.

I believe Jules travelled by train, he defied the elements somehow as I saw him there. Are trains really subject to cancellation due to the wind. I blame The Tories