Pope Resigns ! | Vital Football

Pope Resigns !

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
First pope to ever resign apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

Pope Benedict XVI is to resign at the end of this month after nearly eight years as the head of the Catholic Church, saying he is too old to continue at the age of 85.

The unexpected development - the first papal resignation in nearly 600 years - surprised governments, Vatican-watchers and even his closest aides.

The Vatican says it expects a new Pope to be elected before Easter.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger became Pope in 2005 after John Paul II's death.

The BBC's David Willey in Rome says the move has come as a shock, but in theory, there has never been anything stopping Pope Benedict or any of his predecessors from stepping aside.

Shame he didn't donate all their wealth to the poor and needy before buggering off!

:2:

BREAKING NEWS – Pope Benedict resigns. Aston Villa fans blame Barry Bannan.

Vatican said to favour employing McLeish after a letter of recommendation from Sir Alex Ferguson.

They have resigned before 600 years ago. Makes no difference to me, my only interest is that BBC Radio 5 seems to have turned into Pope Radio since it was announced. Very annoying.

and is being headhunted by Satan!

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/pope-headhunted-by-satan-2013021159277

Joseph Ratzinger handed in his 30 days’ notice to God, telling a surprised deity that he would be taking up a key role with His arch-rival.

The Pope will become marketing director at Satan’s newly-founded Temple of Darkness, a global devil-worship brand.

He said: “Poping has been great fun and over the last eight years I have met a lot very strange people with some fascinating secrets.

“This isn’t about money, it’s about the creative challenge. I’ll be using my understanding of dogma to create a manifesto for a great new sin-based brand.

“Also Satan runs a fun, hip organisation – he’s like the Google of worship. There’ll be chilled out brainstorming sessions and loads of muffins."

Does anyone else suspect he's getting out before something big blows up? I'm sure there is a scandal in there somewhere, and he's stepping down to protect the Church.

I have absolutely no evidence for my theory, but that's OK. This is the Catholic Church and you don't need it.

No he is just an old bloke who has had enough, can't blame him. That hat looks heavy and a bastard to keep on.

The Fear - 11/2/2013 13:43

First pope to ever resign apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

Pope Benedict XVI is to resign at the end of this month after nearly eight years as the head of the Catholic Church, saying he is too old to continue at the age of 85.

The unexpected development - the first papal resignation in nearly 600 years - surprised governments, Vatican-watchers and even his closest aides.

The Vatican says it expects a new Pope to be elected before Easter.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger became Pope in 2005 after John Paul II's death.

The BBC's David Willey in Rome says the move has come as a shock, but in theory, there has never been anything stopping Pope Benedict or any of his predecessors from stepping aside.

Shame he didn't donate all their wealth to the poor and needy before buggering off!

:2:

Im sure they do bugger?

i'll get my coat

I can't help feeling this thread will turn into another free for all against those with religious beliefs.

Wurzel - 11/2/2013 13:49

No he is just an old bloke who has had enough, can't blame him. That hat looks heavy and a bastard to keep on.

Don't worry, this will be the last time it happens:
http://www.bibleprobe.com/last10popes.htm

If the Mayan calendar didn't get you, then Peter Romanus will.

End Of Times.

Just found out why the pope resigned, cos he is evil some are saying?

[youtube=M38p9XXEl4I]

So at last the loyalists can sing and actually mean "No Pope in Rome!"

The Nigerian Bishop is my tip to take over

Can't understand the fuss about it .

As Wurzel has said it's all they seem to be talking about on Radio 5.

A bloke who is 85 retires.......