Poor turnout for the Cods!!! | Vital Football

Poor turnout for the Cods!!!

clanfordimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
With the cods obviously going to reach the National League playoff final (well, according to all their fans they are) a lot of them seem to have given up on the Trophy Final and 2 trips to Wembley in a week.
They are predicted to take less than 5000, yes, less than 5000 to the Trophy Final (if they get there) and here was me thinking they are the best supported team this side of Barcelona :pointy:

They've been two or three times already though I think?

Bit like Southend when they struggled for numbers (5k/6k?) against us in the PO Final, only weeks after the JPT.

Well, you can laugh, but at least they got there. Our cup form is so miserable I barely pay attention these days...

NottyImp - 17/3/2016 17:11

Well, you can laugh, but at least they got there. Our cup form is so miserable I barely pay attention these days...

Yeah I'm poking a bit of fun. Be interesting to see how many we would take to a Wembley final though, ANY Wembley Final, just once please!!

clanfordimp - 17/3/2016 17:46

Yeah I'm poking a bit of fun. Be interesting to see how many we would take to a Wembley final though, ANY Wembley Final, just once please!!

If you look at our play-off finals in L2, we took loads the first time, somewhat less the second. It's the same with any club.

clanfordimp - 17/3/2016 17:46

15,000+ I'd say. But where they will all come from is anybody's guess!!

Agree with regards to it's an expensive day out so some of them can't afford 2 trips (if they get to the play off final). They aren't guaranteed to get to Wembley twice this year. But if we got to Wembley I wouldn't make any excuses, I'd be straight there FA Trophy or not

Yeah what a poor turn out that would be, almost like not being able to fill an away end 45 minutes down the road on a bank holiday. We are not a club that can talk about poor support.

As much as I dislike those idiots from up the road, I must say I dislike all this 'look how many fans we've got' willy waving.

It costs a lot of money to go and watch football these days, especially at that corporate monstrosity that is Wembley. So what if your club doesn't sell a lot of tickets? Id think twice about going even if Lincoln got there. Which to be honest is fairly fvcking unlikely so I think my money is safe for the time being.

That said - 700 people at promotion chasing Dover the other night. Whats the point?

Imp4life91 - 17/3/2016 21:10

Yeah what a poor turn out that would be, almost like not being able to fill an away end 45 minutes down the road on a bank holiday. We are not a club that can talk about poor support.

What are you on about. The away end may not of been full but we sold the allocation thy gave us. The facts are that we played Grimsby away on a Bank holiday Monday at Christmas with a 12.30 kick off when people have family over or are visiting family away and also may have to go to work the next day, when there were no trains running, coach hire is at a premium rate and the game was live on TV.
They played us at our place on a nice sunny Bank Holiday Saturday at the start of the season in the middle of summer with all transport systems working with the game not being shown live on TV.
I think our support at their place was excellent given those circumstances.

clanfordimp - 18/3/2016 10:25

What are you on about. The away end may not of been full but we sold the allocation thy gave us. The facts are that we played Grimsby away on a Bank holiday Monday at Christmas with a 12.30 kick off when people have family over or are visiting family away and also may have to go to work the next day, when there were no trains running, coach hire is at a premium rate and the game was live on TV.
They played us at our place on a nice sunny Bank Holiday Saturday at the start of the season in the middle of summer with all transport systems working with the game not being shown live on TV.

Their away end holds over 2,000, the fact that they gave us half because they knew we wouldn't sell it is embarrassing in itself. This was the first time in five visits that we've not taken over 1,000 and even then it was only just. I really don't see how we can talk about their numbers being poor for one game and supposedly laugh when they took more to Halifax and Kidderminster than we did to Grimsby. Hell they took nearly as many to flipping Gateshead and to Guiseley on a Tuesday night!

Might as well laugh at them for drawing at Guiseley as well. Haha look at them being almost guaranteed a play off spot already, I'd hate to be in their shoes. We're so much better off in every way under the current regime.

Imp4life91 - 18/3/2016 13:18

Their away end holds over 2,000, the fact that they gave us half because they knew we wouldn't sell it is embarrassing in itself. This was the first time in five visits that we've not taken over 1,000 and even then it was only just. I really don't see how we can talk about their numbers being poor for one game and supposedly laugh when they took more to Halifax and Kidderminster than we did to Grimsby. Hell they took nearly as many to flipping Gateshead and to Guiseley on a Tuesday night!

Might as well laugh at them for drawing at Guiseley as well. Haha look at them being almost guaranteed a play off spot already, I'd hate to be in their shoes. We're so much better off in every way under the current regime.

Wow .We smell more Fish! That you Skelly or another extremely sad person who takes time infiltrating sites . Get a life mate

oldgaurd - 18/3/2016 17:52

Wow .We smell more Fish! That you Skelly or another extremely sad person who takes time infiltrating sites . Get a life mate

No more a Cod than you are, I was at Dover on Tuesday were you? Just don't understand "laughing" at their support when it's clearly bigger than ours. Pointless willy waving even if ours was bigger.

Imp4life91 - 18/3/2016 18:17

No more a Cod than you are, I was at Dover on Tuesday were you? Just don't understand "laughing" at their support when it's clearly bigger than ours. Pointless willy waving even if ours was bigger.

Never said I agreed with the post[I don't as it happens] Just thought you were taking a very Skelly ish approach with your replies.That's Dangerous! No. I wasn't at Dover and don't expect a medal because you were .You were more than likely not at Exeter or Carlisle on a Tuesday night when I was but hey, there you go

oldgaurd - 18/3/2016 19:16

Never said I agreed with the post[I don't as it happens] Just thought you were taking a very Skelly ish approach with your replies.That's Dangerous! No. I wasn't at Dover and don't expect a medal because you were .You were more than likely not at Exeter or Carlisle on a Tuesday night when I was but hey, there you go

No medal deserved, I live in East Grinstead so it's easy for me to get to. The tone of my first post probably didn't come off the way I would have liked but believe me we're on the same side.

Imp4life91 - 18/3/2016 19:35

oldgaurd - 18/3/2016 19:16

No medal deserved, I live in East Grinstead so it's easy for me to get to. The tone of my first post probably didn't come off the way I would have liked but believe me we're on the same side.

Ok mate ,all the best :gent:

Wasn't knocking the crowd, just comparing it to their league games, must be over 1000 down. I'm assuming if we were in the FA Trophy semi-finals this season, the crowd would be higher than average