Pool Mob in Lancaster | Vital Football

Pool Mob in Lancaster

Morbid

Vital Squad Member
Hello, Hello.....................

A mum watched in horror as chanting football fans charged at her son outside a Lancaster pub after Saturday’s first league clash between Morecambe and Blackpool.

Michelle Fish said she felt “powerless” as she witnessed her son, who was working as a doorman outside the Crafty Scholar pub, disappear into a sea of rowdy fans on Saturday night.

The scenes of violence, who eyewitnesses said were Blackpool fans, came after the Tangerines played the Shrimps at the Globe Arena.

With a broken nose and a bloodied shirt, from an earlier incident of violence, Ryan Fish tried his best to beat off a group of almost 30 men – many old enough to be grandfathers.

Michelle, from Lancaster, said: “We had only been in the Study Rooms for five minutes when we heard this chanting, when we looked out the window there was a group of men, aged between 30 and 50-years-old, coming from the top of the street and these weren’t kids, they were dads, grandads.”

The men marched down Church Street, in Lancaster, shortly after 7pm, heading towards the pub.

When they were denied entry by the doormen chaos erupted.

Michelle said: “The whole lot of them charged the Crafty Scholar, throwing fists and punches.

“They were all chanting about Owen Oyston.

“Police appeared out of nowhere, pushing them all back down the street, they weren’t giving in though, they were up for a fight.

“I have never seen anything quite as bad as this in all my life.

“I was powerless, my heart was in my mouth, it was quite hard to sit and watch these men charge at my son.

“There was about eight to nine men targeting one doorman.

“It was quite scary to see, I was quite intimidated and it takes a lot for me to feel like that.

“I can’t work out why adults or anybody would want to behave like that.

“Police and door staff worked together, they pushed them all back towards Bella Italia, police were trying to get them to go home, it seemed to disperse after this.”

Michelle’s son, Ryan, 23, has been working as a doormen for five years.

The 50-year-old spoke to her son shortly after the incident and said it was one of the worst events her son has had to deal with.

She said: “I don’t particularly like him doing that job but that’s what he does.

“Lancaster is usually not that bad.

“We didn’t leave until it was all over, I am just disgusted.”

Was it as chaotic as the service station mob on the way home from the Sc***horpe play-off win :grins:

Bob, if the post is a genuine report then there is no justification for our 'supporters' to act in this manner..
I personally hope cctv has them and they are banned for life from bloomers.

DEVONLAD - 16/8/2016 08:21

Bob, if the post is a genuine report then there is no justification for our 'supporters' to act in this manner..
I personally hope cctv has them and they are banned for life from bloomers.

If there is any prospect of a life ban . . .

I was there!!! :rofl:

Tell us more Layton, did you riot?
or just an 'innocent' bystanstander and what sparked it off and who were these 'fans'.

DEVONLAD - 16/8/2016 13:10

Tell us more Layton, did you riot?
or just an 'innocent' bystanstander and what sparked it off and who were these 'fans'.

Devon I believe there was an old boy who started it all, he said something about how great the Oystains are and then all hell broke loose. :tophat:

Then the doffer went to sit on a nearby fence laughing at all the mischief he'd caused!!!

:rofl:

premier 1 - 16/8/2016 14:28

I would think you are more respectful away from this board than you are on it. .....

Talking about yourself? Nah you can't be!!! :tophat:

Take some advice from Donkey botherer/Devon/Codger/Bremen . . .

Log off and log back in with your other usernames first to carry on your chats with yourself!

:lol: