Pool in the Fifth Round Draw ? | Vital Football

Pool in the Fifth Round Draw ?

suffolknwot

Vital Football Hero
The FA have confirmed that there will be a double FA Cup draw on Monday, with Blackpool hopefully discovering their fourth-round opponents but also a potential fifth round tie too.
This weekend’s third round of the competition sees Premier League clubs enter the tournament, and the fourth round draw traditionally takes place the following Monday.

This will still happen, with the fourth round draw set to be held at 7.10pm, before Stockport County take on West Ham, but it will be immediately followed by the draw for the fifth round.
The double draw marks a change in the traditional approach from the FA but has been done to allow clubs a better understanding of their fixture schedule during a condensed season.

It follows a similar approach in the EFL Cup earlier in the season.
The fourth round will take place on the weekend of January 23, with a short turnaround before the fifth round on Wednesday, February 10.

It is the latest move from authorities to minimise the impact of fixture congestion during the shortened campaign.
FA Cup replays have already been scrapped for this season, meaning that any draws in the competition will be settled on the day, firstly through extra-time and then through a penalty shootout if necessary.

well done the lads today, great show almost all round. who do we fancy next round,, know who our 5th round opponents will be? if theres a tasty 5th round do we fancy a lower league and the hope we can go through.

You heard it from me 1st and we certainly plucked them although we did it the hard way. Pool bodies will be seriously aching this morning. Well done lads. Our dramatic win was also announced in some detail on the Oz ABC main news this morning--now that's definitely a first. UTMP Maxwell my MOM. :clown:

FA Cup 3rd Round--Are West Brom ready for plucking by the Mighty Pool?

Last edited:
You heard it from me 1st and we certainly plucked them although we did it the hard way. Pool bodies will be seriously aching this morning. Well done lads. Our dramatic win was also announced in some detail on the Oz ABC main news this morning--now that's definitely a first. UTMP Maxwell my MOM. :clown:

FA Cup 3rd Round--Are West Brom ready for plucking by the Mighty Pool?
I think Some of our. mutual PNE friends and relatives will be upset by our result in comparison to theirs.

I think Some of our. mutual PNE friends and relatives will be upset by our result in comparison to theirs.
I know my brother-in-law will be pretty miffed with our result in comparison to theirs. As I have mentioned before he is a Nobber living in a Preston postcode but surprisingly he is a really nice bloke for all his misplaced support. Was your mouth out Aussie1. :grinning:

Does he live Kirkham way Aussie1 I seem to recall you saying that before? I lived in Kirkham/Wesham (PR4) majority of my life but moved to PR3 in November 2019.

I know a lot of Preston fans due to where I’ve lived/worked/played football over the years and to say they are unhappy is an understatement 😂.

As for the draw, you can guarantee we will get a right shit draw like Millwall away or something.

That said, be our luck we will win the next round get a big team away the 5th round and have a good go when none of us can go and watch it 😭

Mutual PNE friends? Friends?

You have finally blown 'em Prem! My brother is a Nobber and I certainly wouldn't call him a friend..

I have a perfectly true little story.

In January 2010 I had to make a quick dash over to the Old Blighty. I stayed with my Nobber brother-in-law and my sister in Kirkham. It just so happened that PNE were playing Chelsea at Deepshite, in the FA Cup whilst I was there. The brother-in-law came home from work and told me excitedly that he had VIP tickets to the afore mentioned game and one was for me. Ughhhhh--how could I refuse!!! Well, we turned up at the Nobbers VIP entrance on the day and as I made my way up the rather impressive mahogany staircase, I passed 3 stern faced big bastard, security guards dressed in black suites, white shirts and black dicky bow ties, looking like rather heavy wallpaper. I thought the b-in-law was following behind me but I was wrong, he had taken a different tack and I spotted him from my high vantage point still on the ground floor being served at a Nobbers scarf sellers stall. Well I just couldn't resist and over loudly shouted down to him--"Hey, Michael, can you ask if they have a Blackpool scarf available." Well my wise words had an instant effect on the Security and the Nobber supporters who all went tense and looked up at me with hatred in their eyes. Then, thankfully they realised, I was an old senile Aussie bastard taking the piss out of the gentleman down below me, buying a PNE scarf. Security started to laugh and smile and my b-in-laws head was hung down in shame, then he started to laugh. Well, he got his own back and when we reunited at the top of the stairs he presented me with--- Ughhhh, a commemorative, PNE v Chelsea scarf. Chelsea won 0 - 2. I'm thinking of posting the scarf back to him next Christmas as a reminder of the deep shame and embarrassment that I caused him. :clown:

Last edited:
I went to Deepdung with Essex Snr as a guest of Baxi in the FA Cup game in the 90's.
Was in the top hospitality suite but it shared the bogs with their invincibles lounge riff raff.
I went for a piss and some knobber (no pun intended) came in and said Blackpool in here what are you going to do, let's just say my flow of urine strayed away from the intended urinal.
Sat in the best seats, we had a near miss and I jumped up. We then had stewards around us for the remainder of the game, I literally got a guard of honour for each visit to the bog and we had to remain in the lounge for over an hr after the game until the crowd had dispersed.
They didn't take too kindly to my @rse sat on Finneys face:grinning:

Baxi central heating boilers--- I remember them Sexy from pre 1981.

Last edited: