Pompey (H) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Pompey (H)

The football we’ve played hasn’t been pretty at times but we’ve won the league the last 2 times we were in it. Winning ugly is what gets you out of this league.
Other managers can cry about having more possession, if they do fuck all with it and we score then that’s what matters. Bolton and Pompey passed the ball well but didn’t look like they’d score against us if we played them all week.
There’s a lot of shit being thrown at our club for signing some good players, some very bitter and jealous managers out there who know we’re building a side who will be pushing for promotion but just want to make excuses. Yes we’ve spent a bit of money but isn’t that what all supporters are crying out for their owners to do?
Up the ducking tics! 🦆

I don't think Ower keeper made a save all match we controld the game .
I said Pompey hardly troubled Amos in my original post,but imo for the 1st hour they were the better team,but had no cutting edge in the final third.Then we came on strong in the last 30 and were the better team from then on in.If you disagree that's fine, it's a game of opinions👍

Thing is we are offering longer contracts. That’s why players are coming. Not sure offering 4 year one is the right way only time will tell.

The interview from Talal 5 days ago he mentions were not top three salary wise, probably fourth. But thats just a guess from his response.

Al Hammad says there is a simple explanation for that.

"Everyone knows at the end of the season we only had six players," he said. "You can't go into a season with six players, it's simple maths, so we had to sign some.

"We are not splashing cash as everyone is saying. I think the papers have the numbers of salaries that all the clubs are spending, and we are not top of the list, we are not even in the top three.

"I'm not going to talk about other clubs' finances. It's easy to talk about other clubs to avoid dealing with your own fans.

"They know how to manage it themselves, it's their club. Everyone has a vision. It's up to them. But for us, I think we are in safe hands."

Delighted with the 3 pts - even game tbh and Pompey bossed the first half - dug in and got the points so great result.
Only concern for me was Pearce gassed after 10 mins and no positional sense at all- needs sortin

Still crying out for a midfield playmaker. Pearce can cross a good ball. But is a very poor defender gets caught out off position ball watching. Just need a couple more players in. And we will be fine.

I thot Cousins may well be that link in the midfield but on todays reckoning he was sat way way too deep & was more back passing than looking for the forward/ attacking pass....hopefully one emerges from our pack sometime soon or we recruit a Morsy type player ....😉

Delighted with the 3 pts - even game tbh and Pompey bossed the first half - dug in and got the points so great result.
Only concern for me was Pearce gassed after 10 mins and no positional sense at all- needs sortin

TBF, Pearce isn't fully match fit yet.

No Max Power and no explanation for his absence which I presume could be due to isolation as we have the same problem at work with missing employees ( wrong in my opinion).

I thought we missed his presence in the first half in trying to keep possession with his safety passes.

No Max Power and no explanation for his absence which I presume could be due to isolation as we have the same problem at work with missing employees ( wrong in my opinion).

I thought we missed his presence in the first half in trying to keep possession with his safety passes.

Hamstring according to Richardson. Said they’ll see how he is ‘in the next two-to-three weeks’.

Yep, felt the defence was a little destabilised at times without him. Lost some attacking impetus down the right, and it prevented Darikwa from playing at LB, where I think he’s better honestly.

For me Wyke and keane doesn't work. Keane worked there last season because he had lang in front of him. Keane then does the target man stuff as Wyke is pretty stationary and we're a man down in centre mid. Also Means lang plays right and he doesn't create for Wyke. Think we need to find a better balance and that may mean keane up top and an extra midfielder for games like this.

Glad we got the win, shows a real mental strength. Rotate on Tuesday and then take stock with the international break coming up.

Evatt was at it again today, claiming they were unlucky not to win, yet they only had 1 shot on target in 90 minutes 🤦

Bob on , I heard the sour sod on BBC Manchester on the way home

“we dominated all areas of the game …..don’t know how we lost that….they haven’t beaten us ….we beat ourselves”

Oh piss off

What a gracious loser he isn’t

Hamstring according to Richardson. Said they’ll see how he is ‘in the next two-to-three weeks’.

Yep, felt the defence was a little destabilised at times without him. Lost some attacking impetus down the right, and it prevented Darikwa from playing at LB, where I think he’s better honestly.

Well thankfully we have a 2 weeks break coming up. Gives these players a chance to recharge.

His audience is Bolton fans - they’re thick as pig shit so probably thinks if he deflects blame they'll lap it up.
I don't think they did soak it up yesterday. They have got used to winning last year and a pretty good start this time. After two defeats they like most fans start to look for reasons them selves and looking at some of their comments yesterday the Horwich massive were starting to get a bit twitchy.

Would love lang to get a game through middle. Hopefully get some other players game time midweek. Long, Massey, Robinson, carragher, humphreys, bayliss, thelo and edwards

Wouldn't be surprised if it's all academy kids on Tuesday - as it was when we lost 4-0 to Accrington Stanley a few years ago.

Cowley and Evatt are 2 peas out of the same pod.
Both bang average managers who would rather criticise their opponents than deal with problems closer to home.
Evatt was at it again today, claiming they were unlucky not to win, yet they only had 1 shot on target in 90 minutes 🤦
Noblots next 4 games - Burton, Ipswich, Rotherham, Sunderland - the melt down will be a sight to behold 😁