Pompey (H) | Vital Football

Pompey (H)

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Last game before a probable two week break. Let's try and finish on a high against another very good team with ten points from 12 and no goals conceded.

Amos

Power
Whatmough
Watts
Darikwa

Naylor
Cousins

Lang
Keane
Jones

Wyke

I actually think C_Latic might have his team selection bob on there. Lang has done nothing wrong to be dropped. McLean will come on again as an effective sub.

Last game before a probable two week break.

Will it be a break? Jones is called up and McLean will likely be too. I know our captain plays for Zimbabwe but they are on the red travel list. PL have banned players representing those countries and assume EFL will do likewise. Other than that do we have any other likely call ups to bring it upto 3 and cause a postponement?

Will it be a break? Jones is called up and McLean will likely be too. I know our captain plays for Zimbabwe but they are on the red travel list. PL have banned players representing those countries and assume EFL will do likewise. Other than that do we have any other likely call ups to bring it upto 3 and cause a postponement?
It's the Premier League clubs that are stopping it, not the Premier League themselves. If Darikwa gets called up, I'd hope and expect Latics to have no issues with him going out to play for his country, a rarity and a privilege for a L1 footballer at his age.

Thelo called up for Norwegian U20s

It’ll be game off then. Very disappointing. Guessing the Lincoln (h) and Morecambe (a) fixtures will suffer a similar fate.
I don’t see it as disappointing, a break will be well received with the extra league cup games and having gone through a tough league fixture list against plenty of strong sides.

Plus getting tickets will be far less of a ballache for a Tuesday night.

I was going to have to miss Fleetwood (and Doncaster), so I'll be chuffed if it has to be moved. Selfish, I know, but like C_Latic says, it might be a nice breather for the team ... and of course there's the ticket issue.

I don’t see it as disappointing, a break will be well received with the extra league cup games and having gone through a tough league fixture list against plenty of strong sides.

Plus getting tickets will be far less of a ballache for a Tuesday night.

Indeed, a Tuesday night adding to fixture congestion given we’ve another league cup game and at least the 3 pizza comps fixtures we’ve now gotta fit in. We’ve not been going for 18 months and now weekend fixtures are/will be getting postponed. So from a fan perspective it is disappointing.

Ticket issue no argument with.

I was going to have to miss Fleetwood (and Doncaster), so I'll be chuffed if it has to be moved. Selfish, I know, but like C_Latic says, it might be a nice breather for the team ... and of course there's the ticket issue.
Not gonna lie, part of me is quite happy that I'm away for the Accrington game. I'll just sit back and enjoy the fume as everyone fights to get a ticket.

Fleetwood will be postponed then. Think efl have done the same as PL so at least TD won’t be jetting off and can rest.