The Politics Thread | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Mikey, can you remember the title of the political rant thread you started, if you can merge this one mate, I can't remember!

Anyway...

Clegg asks, how much should you trust my promises:

Attachments

• slide_317756_2933145_free.jpg
    slide_317756_2933145_free.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 0
What a great idea JF! It will make a pleasant change to the religious threads. Give us all something different to 'debate about LOL.

I am sure no one can turn politics in religion can they.... but then there is the games topic :17:

Back to Parliament, Question Time and This Week returned, Sunday Politics... so should be plenty to rant about!

Question time in Brum 2 weeks time (3rd Oct)...If anyone is interested fill in the form on the link below;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17154440

I hate politics, if the parties actually did what was right for the country instead of only caring about their own agenda / ideology they might do something useful. As a student who has to pay 27k for my degree because the lib dems went back on their promise once they smelt the opportunity for power I find the whole thing disgusting. Conservatives just seem to hate everyone (except themselves), labour don't know what a budget is and lib dems are spineless arseholes who I will never vote for. And to make things worse they are all millionaires who we're educated at eaton et al and don't have a clue what life is like for 90% of the population.

Watch and listen to this lol

[youtube=KUDjRZ30SNo&list=PLE263CE2DA3843A81&index=30]

kefkat - 21/9/2013 16:18

I am sure no one can turn politics in religion can they....

Coming as I do from Northern Ireland, I find your lack of guile on this rather touching! :14:

It is very difficult to believe in a political system which has been known to elect a huge proportion of representatives who claimed that they did not understand the rules which applied to their expenses claims.

People who lack the intelligence or moral compass to guide them in such matters are not fit for office.

OneHead mate i agre they are all corrupt and fake, did you hear what Gordon Brown was going to do when the financial meltdown hit us in 2008, he was going to put soldiers on the streets and put curfews in place with zero tolerance and was quoted saying ''what do we do, we must put soldiers on every street corner to get OUR power back'' its all about there agenda's not for us tahst why i like Farage he ain't corrupt but if ever he got in they would have him killed!

BBJ - 21/9/2013 19:32

kefkat - 21/9/2013 16:18

I am sure no one can turn politics in religion can they....

Coming as I do from Northern Ireland, I find your lack of guile on this rather touching! :14:

A big OOPS! :76: :76: :76: Yes they can

Anyway, we are having a couple of refererendums (or should that be referenda?) in Ireland on 4th October. The main one relates to abolishing the Senate, the Irish equivalent of the House of Lords. The interest from the public is underwhelming. We'll not get to vote as we're out of the state at present.
If there was a referendum tomorrow in the UK to abolish the House of Lords, I wonder how you would vote?

I'd need to see the structure of the plan BBJ, but instinctively against the house of lords and the ruling from hereditary peers, people of privileged and indeed, the Church.

Should really have gone years ago or seen a more radical reform.

I think that's the point, Fear. "They" want to abolish the Senate but there is no plan in place to reform the structure of Parliament. Indeed, it could be said that if the "upper" chamber is abolished, then that could lead to a more dictatorial form of government. As it is, most TDs (Irish MPs) do little more than troop through the lobbies at the behest of their party whips. It's not the cabinet that should rule the country but the Dail (Irish Parliament) but increasingly the power is vested in fewer and fewer people. I don't see it being all that much different at Westminster either.

Found a previousley unseen footage of William Hagues pre tory life

[youtube=CXImIcPNWD0]

BBJ - 22/9/2013 12:28

I think that's the point, Fear. "They" want to abolish the Senate but there is no plan in place to reform the structure of Parliament. Indeed, it could be said that if the "upper" chamber is abolished, then that could lead to a more dictatorial form of government. As it is, most TDs (Irish MPs) do little more than troop through the lobbies at the behest of their party whips. It's not the cabinet that should rule the country but the Dail (Irish Parliament) but increasingly the power is vested in fewer and fewer people. I don't see it being all that much different at Westminster either.

Yes, I'd want to know exactly what the plans were, even if there weren't any (if you get what I mean) otherwise how can you really decide?

I don't think our upper house works and I don't like the elite of this country (you might all have noticed) or the old school tie brigade. We need to stop all this looking back and then maybe we can look forward.

Trouble is, they've shattered any trust that might have been their with all the expenses rubbish, lower and upper house.

One thing I would say is Labour won by a landslide and could have been far more radical in the early days.

Just shows it isn't just our parties/mp's who run this country, despite their majority, the old school tie lot still blocked any meaningful reform.

Don't see any point in the House of Lord's. I suppose I would vote as I can't go against what I have always said which is 'if you don't moan you can't vote' Won't change anything even if they abolished it as they would find another way to give 2nd opinion.

Anyone any thoughts on Scotland referendum? Have we any Scottish Villans on here?

As a Scottish pro United Kingdom guy said on question time, best way to get independence is to give the English the vote.

It is ridiculous, as per Europe debate, the world is developing into big trading blocks and some want to make themselves smaller and weaker.

Be amazed if the independence folks won, I would also be amused and fairly un fussed. They can't pick and choose what they keep and get rid if though, ie one was talking about keeping the pound!

Scottish independence won't happen, they benefit too much from the UK.

As said above, why don't we get a say? Maybe we should have a vote after they inevitably vote to stay in, on whether we want them out?

I'm not too fussed about this issue as I believe it's political muscle flexing and not much more, we are a stronger country united than apart for all sorts of reasons and sensible Scottish people will see that.