The Politics Thread | Page 356 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Your comment that parts of the country resemble the third world reminds me of one thing that could be done. Stop concentrating migrants into ghettos. If they were distributed across the Country, people would never even notice they were here, their numbers are that low.
It would never work. They are mostly Muslim immigrants, and whether you like it or not, they want to live amongst other Muslims, and non Muslims feel the same.
Many northern towns, midlands towns, Luton,parts of London are split along segregated areas, by choice.
Down here, about ten ago a chap purchased a property with the intention of turning it into a Mosque. After having it burned down twice he gave up .
Some of them feel the same about me being English.
There was uproar a few years back when it was suggested that Cornwall take asylum seekers.
There are areas of real hardship in parts of Cornwall, and the amount of second home ownership is the highest in the UK
It has completely priced local people out of the housing market, and rightly or not any suggestion of moving asylum seekers in down here is met with great hostility.

Well from what I know about your views I'm not surprised in the slightest you would maybe vote labour. Your not going to budge from your view and there's no way I'm budging from mine.
Which is fine. That's ok. It's ok to have different views.
And I have never voted. Ever. Didn't vote for Brexit/stay bla bla. Never voted in a political vote. So you could say I'm a potential swing voter. But I can't back the nutters in labour.
That being said there is no way in hell I would ever vote for Boris either.

I don't vote for Labour. I was just interested to hear what you think is wrong with their policies.

It would never work. They are mostly Muslim immigrants, and whether you like it or not, they want to live amongst other Muslims, and non Muslims feel the same.
Many northern towns, midlands towns, Luton,parts of London are split along segregated areas, by choice.
Down here, about ten ago a chap purchased a property with the intention of turning it into a Mosque. After having it burned down twice he gave up .
Some of them feel the same about me being English.
There was uproar a few years back when it was suggested that Cornwall take asylum seekers.
There are areas of real hardship in parts of Cornwall, and the amount of second home ownership is the highest in the UK
It has completely priced local people out of the housing market, and rightly or not any suggestion of moving asylum seekers in down here is met with great hostility.

On your last comment, we had a discussion about second homes over a curry a few weeks back. We all agreed they should be taxed out of existence.

Like you say, they can ruin local communities like yours, and it would go a long way to solving the housing crisis.

We have several immigrant Muslim families in our small town. They are happy to be here. About 70% vote Conservative here, yet these people are so grateful to finally be safe, and they are wonderful people. I really enjoy it when I do see them.

Maybe everyone should meet some of these migrants, before making judgements?

Last edited:
The left within the party has been marginalised.

And what exactly is wrong with left wing policies? When I ask people to list what is wrong with society, many of the things they raise are actually solved by the left, yet most vote right.
It's the hard left, they terrify people, hard working people. Some of the crap they were comming out with in the fringes at conference are nuts, and alienate people
Imposing a land tax if you have a garden, taxing farmers on the land they own.
Compulsory purchase of all the land that houses are built on, so that all land becomes the property of the state.
Grabbing 40% of all inheritance.
Nobody can own more than one house.
It's Marxist crap, and Starmer hasn't marginalized the left, he still has a long way to go before they are electable.

Your comment that parts of the country resemble the third world reminds me of one thing that could be done. Stop concentrating migrants into ghettos. If they were distributed across the Country, people would never even notice they were here, their numbers are that low.

The Tory masses in the south midlands through Oxfordshire towards the Home Counties would be in uproar. My folks have nightmares their little village is going to be overrun by some sort of Turkish invasion. Imagine the uproar from a mosque being built in a middle class, semi rural Oxfordshire town

The second problem would be the born and bred Brits would feel they have a right to those middle class houses before a refugee.

I can’t see how it all works however I am pro-economic migrants who have skills and are a culture fit for where we need them (which 52% don’t want either).

I don't vote for Labour. I was just interested to hear what you think is wrong with their policies.
Labour is full of nutters. Everything is racist. Transphobic, UK history being eradicated. Ask someone from labour about the Rotherham grooming gang cover up. That's enough for me. They won't even address it.
A black MP who I forget his name but from what I have seen he is bloody great. He challenged Sadiq khan on the Rotherham issue and Sadiq said he finds that racist towards Muslims. Hahahahaha. What a twat. On just this alone I have a passionate hate for the left. I could go on for hours really.
And yes I understand Tories are in control and they covered up Rotherham too but the left just scream racist when the issue is debated. Then you have labour MPs making absolute idiots of themselves. Race baiting all the time or not knowing their own policies or information. Not for me. Makes me feel sick to be honest.
And yes. Boris makes me sick also.

The Tory masses in the south midlands through Oxfordshire towards the Home Counties would be in uproar. My folks have nightmares their little village is going to be overrun by some sort of Turkish invasion. Imagine the uproar from a mosque being built in a middle class, semi rural Oxfordshire town

The second problem would be the born and bred Brits would feel they have a right to those middle class houses before a refugee.

I can’t see how it all works however I am pro-economic migrants who have skills and are a culture fit for where we need them (which 52% don’t want either).
I agree with a lot of what you say in that post.
The born and bred Brits do have a right to those houses before refugees..
Not all the 52% are anti immigration per se, it's the numbers.
If they are within reasonable, manageable numbers and they contributing to the collective good, it's ok.

The reality with the asylum seeking migrants, who I have a great deal of sympathy for as someone with quite humanist values, is the west and Russia need to a stop bombing the fuck out of these countries in their little proxy wars.

The problem to me seems to be there is economic gain for such wars for the West and Russia, and secondly, Mr Putin must be laughing his socks off at the problems he causes for us in the west with migrants flooding over in this perverse game of chess.

The reality with the asylum seeking migrants, who I have a great deal of sympathy for as someone with quite humanist values, is the west and Russia need to a stop bombing the fuck out of these countries in their little proxy wars.

The problem to me seems to be there is economic gain for such wars for the West and Russia, and secondly, Mr Putin must be laughing his socks off at the problems he causes for us in the west with migrants flooding over in this perverse game of chess.
Putin resembles some kind of grand puppet master pulling everyone's strings.
He's now forging an alliance with China and Iran, to wind up Biden, for impossing sanctions on his pipeline. He's got the Germans jumping around like a scalded cat.They have imposed sanctions because the Yanks wanted them falling in line, and its costing their own citizens and the rest of Europe a fortune in gas prices.
Belarus are jumping to his tune re immigrants into the EU.
Europe are going to have to deal with him at some point, because the prices are crippling the economy
Trouble is Russia are used to hardships, they have endured terribly over the years, and sanctions are like water of a ducks back to them.

Putin resembles some kind of grand puppet master pulling everyone's strings.
He's now forging an alliance with China and Iran, to wind up Biden, for impossing sanctions on his pipeline. He's got the Germans jumping around like a scalded cat.They have imposed sanctions because the Yanks wanted them falling in line, and its costing their own citizens and the rest of Europe a fortune in gas prices.
Belarus are jumping to his tune re immigrants into the EU.
Europe are going to have to deal with him at some point, because the prices are crippling the economy
Trouble is Russia are used to hardships, they have endured terribly over the years, and sanctions are like water of a ducks back to them.

Putin doesn't have long left.

Word on the street is that he is looking for the exit. It's not easy to get away clean after robbing your own country blind for decades.
Hasn't he just fiddled the rules to allow himself to stay in power until 2035.
Or is it next stop London, along with all the other bent bastards we have living there.

Hasn't he just fiddled the rules to allow himself to stay in power until 2035.
Or is it next stop London, along with all the other bent bastards we have living there.

London might have too many laws for a fella like him. Quite a few of the deposed dictators from the Arab Spring ended up in Saudi or Dubai.