The Politics Thread | Page 355 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

More houses could be built. When I was in Wolverhampton, there were empty streets all around the city. It's a long time ago now but I don't imagine much has chanced in that shithole.

Britain would get the boom of a lifetime from 5m Hong Kongers. Build up a big, bustling city just like Hong Kong to replace some shit hole like Stoke or Coventry. Hong Kongers won't be dragging their knuckles around town all day like those dopes from Stoke.
I agree, Hong Kongers are a great cultural fit for this country.

It's not pie in the sky. Houses can be built.
You get what you pay for. The NHS IMO is a fucking joke for a lot of things, especially primary care services, transport is a joke, social services do not function well enough, there's not enough good quality homes. The common denominator here is everything is chronically underfunded.

I'd happily pay more tax if I knew it would go to the right places.

Yes agree, they can, but it needs a massive sea change for it to happen, builders have to be forced to give access to their land banks and banks must forced to lend at affordable rates, but I don't know how you do that in a free market economy.

Compulsary purchase order, if it's good enough for HS2 and mortals, use it on the hoarders and again just make it Council stock.

You get what you pay for. The NHS IMO is a fucking joke for a lot of things, especially primary care services, transport is a joke, social services do not function well enough, there's not enough good quality homes. The common denominator here is everything is chronically underfunded.

I'd happily pay more tax if I knew it would go to the right places.

That's the thing, isn't it? More than a decade of Tory austerity has destroyed social services but have you felt any better off? Are you paying less tax now than a decade ago?

That's the thing, isn't it? More than a decade of Tory austerity has destroyed social services but have you felt any better off? Are you paying less tax now than a decade ago?
But how can anyone vote labour? Can you tell me how anyone could vote labour?
They are absolutely off their heads. It would be just like looney toons in government.

Labour to my mind have stabilised for the most part after the damaged caused by Corbyn and have moved closer to the centre. Starmer comes across as far more competent and is starting to get a bit more shine after struggling to really cut through with the onset of covid.

More houses could be built. When I was in Wolverhampton, there were empty streets all around the city. It's a long time ago now but I don't imagine much has chanced in that shithole.

Have some respect BB, from war torn Syria or Afghan, and you want to send these poor people to Wolverhampton? They’ve been through enough already

Last edited:
Yes. Typically it's middle class well-educated people who can afford to pay the traffickers.

I don’t agree it’s right that the relatively wealthier who make it this far should have a higher chance of asylum, but it’s not like we’d use resource sounding out the poorest of the poor in most danger to being over.

The realisation is that we are desperate to just keep them out of territorial land and waters, whatever they’re circumstance.

How you deal with this though I have no idea. Security at home is becoming a bigger concern to me as a parent. I don’t want to compromise on this but it seems we are becoming used to several attacks a year as a norm.

But how can anyone vote labour? Can you tell me how anyone could vote labour?
They are absolutely off their heads. It would be just like looney toons in government.

Eh! Um JC isn't the leader anymore. Anyway this government is more than off their heads than any other

Even JC wouldn't have spent a speech talking about Peppa Pug, thinking he was Moses and making car noises.

You may not have agreed with the contents of his speech however it would have been about the matter he was there to speak about

Corrupt

Pathological liars

Uncaring to an extreme we haven't seen before

Incompetence beyond belief (we have a P.M who thinks he is Moses, talks about Peppa pig and makes car noises in a speech to business people.

The looney tunes are already in power

Ad infinite

Last edited:
The answer is simple: do what has been suggested over and over! Have processing centres in Calais.

That would do away with the people smugglers and people risking there lives.

I'm not saying no one would try to do the dinghy way. Probably those turned down however it would put a severe dent in the smugglers pockets.

France for processing centres is fine. The ludicrous places Patel is on about of Albania is not O.K.
That's fine, but it still comes down to numbers. Only yesterday David Blunkett told Starmer to drop his plans for safe routes for asylum into the UK.
He said if he proposed that at the next election Labour will get hammered.
He said immigration is a toxic subject in the UK, and if Starmer is looking to get Farage into Downing Street, that would be the best way to do it.
I know it doesn't bother you and others on here, but parts of our country resemble the third world and people are sick of it.

Your comment that parts of the country resemble the third world reminds me of one thing that could be done. Stop concentrating migrants into ghettos. If they were distributed across the Country, people would never even notice they were here, their numbers are that low.

What exactly is looney about their policies?
Well from what I know about your views I'm not surprised in the slightest you would maybe vote labour. Your not going to budge from your view and there's no way I'm budging from mine.
Which is fine. That's ok. It's ok to have different views.
And I have never voted. Ever. Didn't vote for Brexit/stay bla bla. Never voted in a political vote. So you could say I'm a potential swing voter. But I can't back the nutters in labour.
That being said there is no way in hell I would ever vote for Boris either.