The Politics Thread | Page 353 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

They enter the country illegally, and upon being assessed for asylum the massive majority don't qualify.
Like 'Enzo' the failed asylum seeker who preferred to try and kill on mass. He was rejected. So why was he still here?
The same 'Enzo' that converted to Christianity to help with his asylum status but was still attending mosques.

25 people drowned in the Channel yesterday. If the politicians would sort out a means to legal migration, those people could have got on an Easyjet like everyone else.

Britain has a shortage of workers and is also turning away people who want to work. It's a farce and it would be hilarious if vulnerable people weren't dying because of it.
It's not as simple as getting easy jet as you well know.
You could create a legal route into the UK this morning, but this afternoon there would still be tens of thousands still trying to enter illegally because they either don't meet the criteria for the legal route or the quotas are full. There are literally millions that wish to come into Europe, and it just isn't viable to take the numbers that want to get here.
With regard to the UK I come back to the massive housing shortages that we have.
Only this week government have announced that councils will be forced to take asylum seeker children into care despite the fact many dont have the social workers or the home space to take them. Add in that our health service is on the point of collapse, education system overloaded and many of our northern towns are completely split along racial divides.
The old mill towns in Lancashire you can paint a white line down the middle of some of them, Muslims one side none Muslims the other.
There is very little integration by either side, all wishing to live amongst their own kind.
Where I live government recently said that adult asylum seeker would have to be housed due to numbers arriving in Kent.
The council refused to take them on the basis of them having almost two thousand local families in need of housing.
It's the same across the country.
It has to be said the poorer the areas the more they seem to take.
It's not just a UK issue either. These people for whatever reason are not wanted in many EU countries.
It's a mess, and the only viable way out of this is too alleviate the poverty in the countries they come from, but that also is a massive task.

Bojo's solution is joined police patrols with the French. Ffs.

I'm half cocked to have a full-on rant about this shit.
Screw the French. They can't be trusted obviously. Get the UK navy doing patrols in the channel and they can safely be taken back to France. In a safe way

Screw the French. They can't be trusted obviously. Get the UK navy doing patrols in the channel and they can safely be taken back to France. In a safe way

Why can’t/aren’t the British navy doing patrols then? What’s stopping us? (Genuine question by the way not pointed)

It's not as simple as getting easy jet as you well know.
You could create a legal route into the UK this morning, but this afternoon there would still be tens of thousands still trying to enter illegally because they either don't meet the criteria for the legal route or the quotas are full. There are literally millions that wish to come into Europe, and it just isn't viable to take the numbers that want to get here.
With regard to the UK I come back to the massive housing shortages that we have.
Only this week government have announced that councils will be forced to take asylum seeker children into care despite the fact many dont have the social workers or the home space to take them. Add in that our health service is on the point of collapse, education system overloaded and many of our northern towns are completely split along racial divides.
The old mill towns in Lancashire you can paint a white line down the middle of some of them, Muslims one side none Muslims the other.
There is very little integration by either side, all wishing to live amongst their own kind.
Where I live government recently said that adult asylum seeker would have to be housed due to numbers arriving in Kent.
The council refused to take them on the basis of them having almost two thousand local families in need of housing.
It's the same across the country.
It has to be said the poorer the areas the more they seem to take.
It's not just a UK issue either. These people for whatever reason are not wanted in many EU countries.
It's a mess, and the only viable way out of this is too alleviate the poverty in the countries they come from, but that also is a massive task.

I honestly believe that anyone who wants to go to Europe is going. This system doesn't prevent anyone from travelling, it just creates a dangerous black market for people smugglers.

Yes , the people smuggling trade seems a lucrative and ruthless business. Once the smugglers get paid they don't care what happens to the refugees.

I honestly believe that anyone who wants to go to Europe is going. This system doesn't prevent anyone from travelling, it just creates a dangerous black market for people smugglers.
Well, probably, but it's a recipe for trouble.
The right is on the rise across Europe, and it will only get worse, the more that come.

They enter the country illegally, and upon being assessed for asylum the massive majority don't qualify.

They don't enter the country illegally. That is just what you have been fed and believe. It is untrue.

However nothing I say will dissuade you otherwise so there is no point in going anymore than repeating what I have said before

They have the right to claim asylum in the U.K. They do not have to stay in the first safe country they come too.

Anyway even if they did why should 1 or 2 countries take them all. France and Germany take far more than us BTW.

Because the U.K won't allow them to claim asylum to become refugees in anywhere but the U.K there only option is to cross the sea.

The U.K would not set up centres in France to deal right the crisis there. They have no chances of doing that now as we have peeved all the E.U countries off too much.

Can you step out of yourself for a minute and just think what there life us like for them to take the dangerous risks they do? I wonder what you would to in their shoes?

Dublin II states we have a right to return potental refugees/asylum seekers. We did when we were in the E.U. We don't now as we aren't a member 🙄 it's our problem this government created.

They don't enter the country illegally. That is just what you have been fed and believe. It is untrue.

However nothing I say will dissuade you otherwise so there is no point in going anymore than repeating what I have said before

They have the right to claim asylum in the U.K. They do not have to stay in the first safe country they come too.

Anyway even if they did why should 1 or 2 countries take them all. France and Germany take far more than us BTW.

Because the U.K won't allow them to claim asylum to become refugees in anywhere but the U.K there only option is to cross the sea.

The U.K would not set up centres in France to deal right the crisis there. They have no chances of doing that now as we have peeved all the E.U countries off too much.

Can you step out of yourself for a minute and just think what there life us like for them to take the dangerous risks they do? I wonder what you would to in their shoes?

Dublin II states we have a right to return potental refugees/asylum seekers. We did when we were in the E.U. We don't now as we aren't a member 🙄 it's our problem this government created.
Just checked the figures. Last year we granted asylum or right to remain to10721 asylum seekers, as opposed to France 4587.
I also checked the figures for kids living in poverty in the UK . The government own figures, disputed as being low by some agencies show we will have in 2022, that's one month away, 5 and a half million British kids living in poverty.
So, do you not think that we should fix that disgusting figure before adding to it.

Just checked the figures. Last year we granted asylum or right to remain to10721 asylum seekers, as opposed to France 4587.
I also checked the figures for kids living in poverty in the UK . The government own figures, disputed as being low by some agencies show we will have in 2022, that's one month away, 5 and a half million British kids living in poverty.
So, do you not think that we should fix that disgusting figure before adding to it.

5.5m kids living in poverty is a direct result of more than a decade of Tory austerity and has nothing to do with refugees.

5.5m kids living in poverty is a direct result of more than a decade of Tory austerity and has nothing to do with refugees.
No one said it did.
Doesnt matter who's fault it is, it's still a fact, and importing even more poor people is only going to add to the problems.

[QUOTE="wittonite, post: 3115488, member: 3589"
So, do you not think that we should fix that disgusting figure before adding to it.[/QUOTE]

They ought not to be mutually exclusive.
In any case, it is not inevitable that the children of refugees end up living in poverty.

[QUOTE="wittonite, post: 3115488, member: 3589"

They ought not to be mutually exclusive.
In any case, it is not inevitable that the children of refugees end up living in poverty.[/QUOTE]
No sorry charity begins at home.
And no it's not inevitable, but it's almost a certainty, certainly in the short term.

Can someone please tell me where all these asylum seekers are going to live?
Has anyone got a solution to this? It's ok saying yes yes yes bring them in....but where are we putting them?
In a housing crisis. Where are they going?
So before we worry about them being granted asylum or what work they are going to do where are they going to bloody live?

Can someone please tell me where all these asylum seekers are going to live?
Has anyone got a solution to this? It's ok saying yes yes yes bring them in....but where are we putting them?
In a housing crisis. Where are they going?
So before we worry about them being granted asylum or what work they are going to do where are they going to bloody live?
Wasting your time asking the question col.
When it comes to the hard practicalities no one has any answers.

Yes , the people smuggling trade seems a lucrative and ruthless business. Once the smugglers get paid they don't care what happens to the refugees.

I was having this conversation with the in law today, I suspect that it involves lots of debt and if the migrant doesn’t make it, the debt is inherited by the family and the situation gets a whole load worse.

The housing crisis is one of cost. There are thousands of empty houses but in areas that people don't want to buy in, so housing asylum seekers is not a problem. Not one that can't be overcome with political will anyway.

I massively sympathise with both economic migrants and genuine asylum seekers. I’m a fairly middle of the road person, but the other side of the coin is the security at home. It only takes a few bad eggs to create atrocities like the Manchester arenas of tube bombing. We’re too liberal and also try to operate everything on minimal cost to be able cover all bases. As a parent, the security threat gets more concerning for me, however minimal.

Putin must be laughing his socks off at the strain these proxy wars put on Western Europe.

No one said it did.
Doesnt matter who's fault it is, it's still a fact, and importing even more poor people is only going to add to the problems.

You are saying that Britain can't take asylum seekers because the government is incompetent.

Still, even with an incompetent government, they are coming. You can make it more difficult for them but it just makes it more profitable for the people smugglers.

Wouldn't it be better to have a competent government and fewer people smugglers?