The Politics Thread | Page 344 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I wasn't always in my grandad slippers - an insult from my second girlfriend in fact despite the sex lol
John Major replacing Thatcher was right in my 'oeuvre' as they say - I was 15 at the time and everyone at school was getting right into politics.

That Major managed to win the 1992 election was (and still is) utterly gobsmacking. Although for Kinnock read Corbyn and The S*n was at the height of its power with a 4 million circulation in those days.

But, for a Tory, I actually quite liked Major as it goes. And I like him even more these days, never more so than when he's going in two footed on that miserable excuse for a human being who is currently residing in No. 10.

Awful character isn't he? Hates being questionned, always looks like he doesn't think anyone should ask him anything.
Have spoken with Conservative voters that I know they can't stand him.
They are ordinary business people, the self employed, obvious Tory voters, but they hate him.
Don't know how much longer this twat can keep back benchers on side for.

Never before have I felt so disillusioned with Parliament and the politicians as I do today.
I have never missed a single vote on anything be it Council. EU, referendums and of course GEs
but its got to the stage where I dont think I can vote for any of them again. From now on I will only vote in the Local elections and then I can listen to all the candidates and choose the one that I think is best for our local needs.

They really are trying to take us as mugs. There are also calls now for the Met to investigate the peerages handed to 22 Tory donors who have paid £3million each to the Conservative party. Do we really have confidence that the Met, commanded by Cresida Dick who answers to the Home secretary to fully investigate - or will this be something else brushed under the carpet?

Another Tory at it. How can Sir Geoffrey Cox be a full time MP, properly representing their constituents, but still have time to work 48 hours a month to earn £468K?

"Former attorney general Sir Geoffrey Cox has declared a new contract for part-time work worth over £400,000 a year on top of his MPs’ salary..........."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/geoffrey-cox-mps-register-interests-b1953503.html

Tories join attack on ‘cowardly’ Boris Johnson as he dodges sleaze debate
Boris Johnson has been accused of “running scared” after dodging scrutiny in parliament of his botched attempt to save a Tory MP from punishment for sleaze.

Conservative MPs joined attacks on the prime minister after he dodged a three-hour emergency debate in the House of Commons prompted by his failed bid to rewrite parliament’s standards rules

the second jobs and earnings of MPs are likely to come under fierce scrutiny today after it emerged that former attorney general Sir Geoffrey Cox has declared a new contract for part-time work – 41 hours of work per month – worth £400,000 a year on top of his MP salary. This story is likely to get significant pick up after some top reporting by the Daily Mail revealed Cox has been voting in parliament remotely from the Caribbean as he works a second job advising the government of the British Virgin Islands...as the tax haven faces a Foreign Office probe into corruption.