The Politics Thread | Page 342 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I’ve never been able to articulate this over a forum, but absolutely. You can’t hundreds of Somalians and stick them in a suburban town, it just doesn’t work. It’s why I didn’t get brexit, as I always had good experiences of working with Poles, aside from an awful Puma dress sense and different language, they (on average) wiped the floor with the average British worker.

I’ve heard alternative stories about Afghan refugees (I stress stories so completely not verified and I often refrain from posting such rumours). I’ve heard stories of racism against black chefs in hotels from refugees and even some of those wanting to go back to Afghan rather than stay in a hotel. Whilst I have a lot of sympathy for what has gone on over there, I suspect the reality is those in the most danger aren’t able to make it out and you end up with western box ticking so just taking whoever is at the front of the queue.
I read that about some Afghans saying they would rather go back than stay in a hotel. Afghanistan is on the brink of total collapse. People are starving and some are selling the daughters to raise some money to feed their family. There was a case in the news yesterday of a 9 year old sold to a 55 year old man for marriage.
If they want to return we should take them straight to the Airport and put the ungrateful sods on a plane back.
I know there are many who are just thankful to be here and those are the ones we should do our best to help.

Boris Johnson has backed a shake-up of the rules on MPs' behaviour, amid moves to prevent a senior Conservative being suspended from the Commons.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59143727

Funny timing that, I wonder who they are worried about next?
Absolutely the most scandalous, self-serving, two-fingers-to-democracy act yet of this bunch of crooks. They just don't even pretend to give a shit anymore. Makes me puke. I hate them.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...lions-with-broken-procurement-system-mps-warn

Billions being wasted by the MOD.

And this bit is astonishing;

Of broader concern, the PAC said, was the MoD’s apparent inability to learn from its mistakes despite 13 formal reviews of defence procurement over 35 years.

THIRTY FIVE years and they still, no matter who has been in charge, stop the waste. Goodness me.

It's not waste. It's corruption. The army/defence industry is rife with it.

Just as you think they can't sink any lower, this filth manages it.

1 / Tory MPs vote to tear up sleaze rules after Conservative ex-minister found guilty of paid lobbying
A series of senior Conservatives have disowned Boris Johnson’s attempt to neuter parliament’s sleaze watchdog in a move which anti-corruption experts branded “a shocking blow to democracy in the UK”.

Mr Johnson secured an 18-vote majority in the Commons to prevent the suspension of a Conservative MP who breached parliament’s code of conduct and create a new Tory-dominated committee to dictate changes to the way standards allegations are investigated.

Last edited:
I really despair with this country. When you have the Police, MI5 and now the Parliamentary standards all under control or reporting directly to the Home secretary and government, who can actually stop a corrupt government? Then you have the press, mostly in the pockets of the Tories. Who holds these people to account? There are no standards at all.

We really need mass protests, but then new laws have even been introduced to make this difficult!!

There have been so many terrible things done to our country, especially over the last 11 years of Tory governance, they should all be locked up for treason.

I think the government might have realised the seriousness of the shitstorm they created yesterday...

The government will rethink its plans to overhaul the policing of MPs' conduct after a furious backlash.

On Wednesday, No 10 backed a shake-up of the standards watchdog and blocked the suspension of one of its own former ministers, Owen Paterson.

But it led to accusations of sleaze, with Labour saying the Tories just wanted to "let off one of their own".

Leader of the House Jacob Rees-Mogg has now confirmed the changes will not go ahead without cross-party support.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59163961

I think the government might have realised the seriousness of the shitstorm they created yesterday...

The government will rethink its plans to overhaul the policing of MPs' conduct after a furious backlash.

On Wednesday, No 10 backed a shake-up of the standards watchdog and blocked the suspension of one of its own former ministers, Owen Paterson.

But it led to accusations of sleaze, with Labour saying the Tories just wanted to "let off one of their own".

Leader of the House Jacob Rees-Mogg has now confirmed the changes will not go ahead without cross-party support.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59163961

I think it just shows their arrogance that they thought there wouldn't be outrage over the matter.

The corruption starts with Alex Boris de Pfefell Johnson at the helm. Surely one day all this will catch up with him, and he will be made to serve time for this blatant corruption. The way the Russian report was buried, makes me wonder though.

'Boris Johnson has admitted receiving a free holiday at a luxurious Spanish villa linked to Zac Goldsmith, the former MP who was given a peerage and job by the prime minister.'

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...family-funded-boris-johnsons-marbella-holiday

The corruption starts with Alex Boris de Pfefell Johnson at the helm. Surely one day all this will catch up with him, and he will be made to serve time for this blatant corruption. The way the Russian report was buried, makes me wonder though.

'Boris Johnson has admitted receiving a free holiday at a luxurious Spanish villa linked to Zac Goldsmith, the former MP who was given a peerage and job by the prime minister.'

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...family-funded-boris-johnsons-marbella-holiday
I’ve seen in quite a few places that this whole thing is blowing up now because Johnson wants to discredit/destroy the standards committee before some of his own indiscretions (like this holiday Goldsmith paid for) come up for investigation. Not remotely surprising if true.

I’ve seen in quite a few places that this whole thing is blowing up now because Johnson wants to discredit/destroy the standards committee before some of his own indiscretions (like this holiday Goldsmith paid for) come up for investigation. Not remotely surprising if true.
Yup, and the donations regarding the renovations carried out at no.10. (think £840 Rolls of gold wallpaper etc) He could be in deep shit if the standards committee were able to do their job properly.