The Politics Thread | Page 312 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

The government has won a Commons vote to lock in cuts to spending on overseas aid, despite a rebellion by Tory MPs.
MPs voted by a majority of 35 to keep the budget for international development at 0.5% of national income.
But several Tory MPs joined Labour and other parties in an attempt to reinstate the 0.7% figure in place until earlier this year.
Ministers say the cut is needed to keep public debt down during the pandemic.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57826111

Maybe stop giving overblown Gov contracts to friends and family?
'Global' Britain at its finest :cautious:

Meanwhile, a quick word from Sir John Major:

Beckham still angling for a knighthood, posing with 'that man' then? I would refuse point blank personally, to have anything to do with the man.

Especially as his best mate (GNev) rightly tears Boris a new one. Didn’t like GNev as a player, but he’s a very good pundit and fair play to him for his jabs off the pitch.

Becks is a slimy fucker underneath the Management PR, didn’t he once send an email kicking off about not being knighted?

Especially as his best mate (GNev) rightly tears Boris a new one. Didn’t like GNev as a player, but he’s a very good pundit and fair play to him for his jabs off the pitch.

Becks is a slimy fucker underneath the Management PR, didn’t he once send an email kicking off about not being knighted?
The smartest thing he did was bring on a team of PR experts and managers at an early age. Other than that he is clearly as thick as pig shit and strikes me as someone who does what ever he is told to do in the interests of his own brand.

I remember in Euro 2004 when Rooney became the youngest ever scorer. A few days later Vonlanthen of Switzerland broke that record. When Beckham was asked about this he said something along the lines of "it gives Rooney more incentive to go out and take the record back". Sums up the guys intellect.

You can see where the priorities lie can't you!

Investigators have seized computers after searches at two homes over the leaking of CCTV footage of Matt Hancock kissing an aide in his office.
The images, published by the Sun last month, led to Mr Hancock resigning as health secretary after he admitted breaking social distancing rules.
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) said raids were carried out as it investigates an alleged data breach.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57853164

Although I do get, there is an issue other than Hancock being a total and utter liar, knobhead, hypocrite and cheat.

Compared with how he was turned out at Question Time today, the current PM was the epitome of sartorial elegance at the game the other night.
It's very difficult to take someone seriously when they look like they've just woken up after a 72 hour bender.
Very true BBJ. I like to think that I dont judge people by appearance, it is however as you say difficult not to in the case of this particular individual.