The Politics Thread | Page 299 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

So the Tories majority is now down to 77 but they are expected to win Batley another northern Labour stronghold. That bye election is on July 1st

Yeah in that vote where the Tories lost their seat by getting 35% of the votes.
Labour. They got 1.6% of the votes. 2% behind the green party. Lol.

See my post above to Dan. They did nothing in the way of campaigning because they knew they wouldn't win it.

the party policy says they don't stand down candidate's from areas however they don't have to campaign either. It's called as well tactical voting.

Its the only way we will ever get this pile of trash out of power who have done so much damage to this country and I'm not just on about Brexit either.

Worst ever result by a Labour candidate.. You would have thought that even if they did'nt campaign traditional Labour voters would still have turned out and voted for them. And that idiot leader of the Libs smashing a blue wall with a hammer. Twat, they won one seat.

Its the only way we will ever get this pile of trash out of power who have done so much damage to this country and I'm not just on about Brexit either.

It doesn’t sound like the sort of seat Labour would ever win, however Labour need a lot more than tactical voting to get anywhere near winning the next election.

They need a purpose, a vision, a good campaign, a strategy, a strong cabinet, and get rid of the looney lefties the centre and centre right voters are scared of, including me.

Tactical voting is fair enough in isolation, but they won’t win an election from tactical voting.

Having lived in my previous life in West Hagley an absolutely die-hard Tory place, their idea of rebellion is voting a Lib Dem onto the district council because they would never vote a Labour person in ever. Come to the real election they all turn out in force to vote Tory. The Lib Dems I forgot they even still existed never mine what they stand for.

We have a bunch of Tory nimby's who don't want HS2 but would be ok as long as it goes through somebody else's area voting Lib Dem ffs.

Laughable

Its the only way we will ever get this pile of trash out of power
The only way you will do that is to get an electable Labour Party and that means clearing out the Lansmans, Corbyn, McDonnell, etc because they and the Momentum rabble alienate the massive majority of the British electorate.

Having read it, I think the only thing I actually really disagree with is he thinks Labour are a viable option....but he even clarifies that by saying Starmer isn't there yet.

Shame it'll be ignored by the idiots who bleat 'just cause he didn't get a peerage'.