The Politics Thread | Page 97 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Bring back chain gangs jobs the farmers are worrying about getting enough people for fruit picking etc. Accompanied by a few well armed guards the less serious crimes mob fraud etc might as well have em working.Better still helping build a new hospital .

Bring back chain gangs jobs the farmers are worrying about getting enough people for fruit picking etc. Accompanied by a few well armed guards the less serious crimes mob fraud etc might as well have em working.Better still helping build a new hospital .

I saw plenty of fields on the side of motorways with Vote Leave banners. Pretty sure some of the biggest agricultural constituencies voted leave too.

There will be even more of an uproar when the EU stop paying their subsidies, they’ll have to fill up their Range Rovers with their own money.

There is a lot of sense in that.

As long as it was about productivity, earning for prisoners (rather than just taking advantage), and letting them see a way forward as well. US prisons are workhouses ultimately, we could do the same BUT with a far greater rehabilitation sense where needed.

And agree Dan, subsidies are going to hit hard when people properly realise in those communities.

Earning for the prisoners? After the massive cost to the country their crime and imprisonment has brought about and the cost to the victim/s is subtracted from their wage I hope?

Ian Paisley Junior is in the wars again, claiming six grand for first-class air travel to attend an event in the US for a charity.

Controversial MP Ian Paisley has come under fire for billing a charity for first class flights.
The revelation is the latest in a long line of questions raised about the North Antrim politician's luxury breaks abroad.
This time he is understood to have organised the flights and accommodation himself, later billing Cooperation Ireland £6,327.34 for his first class airfare and hotel for a peace conference in the US last year.

He really is a piece of work. But as a (unionist) friend of mine put it on Facebook earlier - "I've said this before, if you put election posters up in the Ballymena area of a pig with a Union Flag as the background the pig would be elected. Unfortunately it's not a pig on the posters its Ian Paisley Jnr."
Ian is indeed in a class of his own.
And that is some achievement when the competition includes Sammy Wilson, Nigel Dodd, Gregory Campbell and the fragrant Arlene.

More at -
https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/b...laims-15696143

Ouch to the Tories claim thr economy is safe in their hands (and for clarity no, I don't think it would be in Corbyn/Mcdonnel's hands either)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1548007957863.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548007957863.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 0
Farron was never the right guy to lead them, personally I found some of his religious beliefs a little dated.

His beliefs in Christianity were very dated. I am a Christian and know how much the church as a whole (all denominations together) are changing. he has not got out of his box.

Seems affable enough as JF says. I wouldn't want to be around him long, as I would be bored stiff

It's a shame how it went for Clegg and the Liberals. The 5 years they were in with the Tories things weren't as bad as they would have been without them. People didn't see it like that though

That is a pathetic frontpage but I believe the Record have form.

I don't like the cockroach freeloading, fundraising for legal costs **** - but those are accusations, as yet, without proof.

And if we need to know the difference, a 3 odd yr long financial case (escapes me at mo) fell down today as in court the CPS admitted they couldn't follow through with charges.

Tesco or Barclays or something? It'll come back.

It was the one where the original trial was delayed as defendant had a heart attack, if that helps. My brain has gone for tonight.

Last edited:
That is a pathetic frontpage but I believe the Record have form.

I don't like the cockroach freeloading, fundraising for legal costs **** - but those are accusations, as yet, without proof.

And if we need to know the difference, a 3 odd yr long financial case (escapes me at mo) fell down today as in court the CPS admitted they couldn't follow through with charges.

Tesco or Barclays or something? It'll come back.

I know the Record are down there with The Sun/Mail/Express. But plenty of Scots still buy the rag and read that kind if inflammatory stuff.

Makes you wonder about the "freedom of the press" - responsibility works both ways.

100% JPA, that has actually bugged me because with shit like that they can't claim the moral highground on clickbait, sensationalism or fake news because legally that front page (if guilty and I make no judgement here) gives Salmond a legal argument of defence in terms of a free and unbiased trial.

That is 100% scummy from the paper and I use that term with more looseness than I'd describe Katie Price.

And correction above, the CPS brought charges - they couldn't offer evidence was what I meant lol