The Politics Thread | Page 96 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

His politics don't fit with what I want because I don't believe what he says BB. I think he's a frightful man and a fraud of a politician. Him, Abbott and John McDonnell I just simply do not trust.

He's a popularist, nothing more nothing less.

A chancer who isn't draw on the real issues but bangs out (without any plan of how to do it) nice soundbytes.

He's a popularist, nothing more nothing less.

A chancer who isn't draw on the real issues but bangs out (without any plan of how to do it) nice soundbytes.

Corbyn has had the same stance on the majority of things since before he became a politician mike, it's just that the public are getting sick and tired of seeing services get worse while prices go up and realise that some things should be in public ownership.
So I guess you could say, he isn't populist, it's the public catching up with him.

Yup, popularist stuff that wouldn't work in reality and he has no idea on how to deliver it. Most of the public have long thought the same way, it's not a recent change in my mind or experience.

It's funny that no matter what Corbyn does, he gets criticised for it.

His policies are very much in line with what the British say they want when they are polled but he is constantly criticised by the media. No matter what he does, it's spun as the wrong thing. I firmly believe that there is a media adgenda against him because his policies favour people over profits and that's a threat to the establishment.

The British establishment seems very adept at getting the British people to vote against their interests.

Totally agree. The public meeting I was at a few weeks ago with our MP for parliament, Rachel Maskell about Brexit said the same.

She said the same. JC does not fit what the right wing want. They don't report the majority of what he is does do unless they can twist it to make him look stupid

I am not saying he is right for the job however I am sick to the back teeth of the Tories. Ì have not voted Tory since 2010. Ì was bought up in a Tory family. Ì never will again after the last 9 years of hell under them

Just despair of our politicians in general.Could not vote Labour as I used to because can see them bankrupting the country giving away the Falklands and Gibraltar without a whimper. The Tories look at em what a mess Teresa May really is the best they have got. Liberals have gone back to planet unreality where you can have what policies you like so long as you do not have to prove they work. If there is a protest vote it should be none of the above please.

Just despair of our politicians in general.Could not vote Labour as I used to because can see them bankrupting the country giving away the Falklands and Gibraltar without a whimper. The Tories look at em what a mess Teresa May really is the best they have got. Liberals have gone back to planet unreality where you can have what policies you like so long as you do not have to prove they work. If there is a protest vote it should be none of the above please.

Lib Dem’s have fallen off the face of earth, barely double figures in the number of seats. They have such an opportunity to attract a huge niche market of voters after Brexit, with 20-somethings pissed off with their grandparents voting to leave and stupid tuition fees.

I’m not sure a 75 year old is the right leader for them to exploit that huge vote base they potentially have.

I’m not sure a 75 year old is the right leader for them to exploit that huge vote base they potentially have.

Yeah, if Nick Clegg was on the scene now (having not fucked everyone off with the tuition fees debacle, which I know was a price he had to pay for other stuff), I think they would decimate Labour and put themselves into very real contention.

Obviously, they will never really garner the necessary support in proper Labour heartlands and out-and-out Tory constituencies, but they'd be a damn sight more effective as an opposition party than Labour at the moment.

Yup. Country is crying out for an alternative and agree JPA, clegg might just have offered that.

It was a real indictment on the liberals that they had to make a backwards step going for Cable (nice guy though he no doubt is) when the hapless Farron stepped down.

Thinking about it actually, we've gone from a Tory party that wasn't for turning into a Tory party that can't find a straight line given all the u-turns.

Farron was never the right guy to lead them, personally I found some of his religious beliefs a little dated.

the nice affable guy at the pub that you don;'t want to spend the evening with but always make sure you pass the time of day with basically!!