The Politics Thread | Page 92 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Far right nationalism is infiltrating everywhere.

An Australian crossbench senator has invoked the term “the final solution” in an inflammatory speech calling for a plebiscite asking voters whether they want to end all immigration by Muslims and non-English speaking people “from the third world”.

Fraser Anning, formerly of the far-right Pauline Hanson One Nation party, and now a member of the Katter’s Australia party, used his maiden speech in the Senate to call for “a plebiscite to allow the Australian people to decide whether they want wholesale non-English speaking immigrants from the third world, and particularly whether they want any Muslims”.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...lls-for-final-solution-to-immigration-problem

This racist suggests his remarks have been taken out of context. “Claims that the words meant anything other than the “ultimate solution” to any political question is always a popular vote are simply ridiculous,” Anning said. “Anyone who actually reads them in context will realise this”.

More and more, politicians seem emboldened to use inflammatory language, knowing that the media will not meaningfully hold them to account. It's not going to end well for anyone, imho.

If not for him, Labour would be streets ahead in the polls

Back in my younger days as a shop steward for the TGWU we fought tooth and nail against people like him. They were the scum that brought down Jim Callaghans government and sentenced us to years of Tory rule never forgave the rabid left for that. Now they have finally achieved their aim taken control of labour. The result people like me have no one to vote for and they still cant finish off the weakest tory government for years.

Oh good God, Corbyn has invited Derek Hatton back!

Yes Mike the exact arsehole that represented everything I hated and fought against in labour party back in the 80s Militant Tendency the communists love a name beginning with M in there party within the labour party substitute Momentum for Militant. Just like his far left mates who delighted in bringing down the Callaghan government in the winter of discontent by bringing the unions out on strike and delivering us Margaret Thatcher.

Here's an article on an event in west Belfast (where I'm from) which was attended by Mike Nesbitt (who features in the above video). It's nice to be reminded again that not all Northern Ireland politicians and commentators are DUP nutjobs or Sinn Fein headcases.

“Tiocfaidh ár lá,” declared a smiling Mike Nesbitt to the 12-17 year-olds from Ballymurphy’s Glor na Mona youth club in very nationalist west Belfast.
“Ár lá” didn’t refer to a united Ireland but the chances that the union with the rest of the UK might be safe for a little while yet and might even gain the support of some of the children from this west Belfast republican stronghold.
Nesbitt was speaking after the Ballymurphy boys and girls voted in a “referendum” at the Farset International Centre on the Springfield Road on Thursday night.

More at -
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...tt-moved-to-utter-republican-slogan-1.3653208

Sadly BBJ it just seems they are who we hear a lot more from ala Farage and Boris!

Today was a step forward though, we accept mental health hasn't always been treated and funded with the concern it deserves. We've appointed our first minister for suicide prevention....

...she'll have to fight for the extra money :clown:

I can't stand the woman, but Nicola Sturgeon (when you get past the repetition and the one eyed Scottish independence blather) has pretty comprehensively destroyed May's Brexit plan.

Europe has got too big too fast and is already eating itself from the inside out.
They have plans to keep on expanding, taking in more and more former USSR states from eastern europe.
If what is now the European Union, had of stayed the Common Market it could have worked well for everyone but, the powers that be within the structure just had to seek the power to meddle with each individual country's rights to rule itself, enforcing rule and law changes on countries that were not culturally ready yet to make such changes. Rather like the USA's obssession with exporting it's brand of democracy, in the most undemocratic of ways.
People who cry about business losing half a billion guarenteed customers, have no faith or belief in our businessmen. Leaving the Union would give our businesses a possible six and a half billion customers outside of the Union, that is thirteen possible customers for every one possible customer within the Union.
So I ask those who cry about us losing jobs, are you really that stupid, that defeatist.

I read about this fascist government we have wanting to bring in a trade deal with the USA.
From the things I have read about this deal, it is nothing more than an attempt to make this country the 51st state of America.
Big business and Banks run the USA and they will run this country if this deal goes through because the deal allows any company to sue the government if they pass a law that prohibits, in any way, the profit a company might make.
This ability to sue the government wouldn't be done via our courts but by special courts, with a panel of businessmen and bankers giving the rulings.
At present our government are being lobbied by representatives of big pharma and insurance corporations to be allowed to take over our NHS.
Why would anyone sign a treaty/deal with the USA, when the USA have never in their history kept to a treaty/deal. Only one reason I can think of and it is spelt personel financial gain.