The Politics Thread | Page 87 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Now let's Diane Abbott and the rest of the ilk follow her lead considering they've done exactly the same.

Not going to happen is it.

The very sad thing is Amber Crudd resigned because of misleading parliament, Teresa May watched the train crash knowing that she "Prime Minister" had been sent the memo stating that the government wanted to up the deportations by 10% so is Teresa May also guilty of sitting in the house and saying nothing when Amber Plodd was lying through her face?

WORSE of all we now have to put up with the deplorable Diane Abbott on TV for endless Interviews and she will I have no doubt see this as a victory for Labour and the call for the "Windrush debacle" to remain firmly in the political domain even though the Home Office has agreed to sort it shit out.

Personally I would have done the deal where Rudd resignes, "Windrush children stay" and Diane Abbott gets fucking deported.

The very sad thing is Amber Crudd resigned because of misleading parliament, Teresa May watched the train crash knowing that she "Prime Minister" had been sent the memo stating that the government wanted to up the deportations by 10% so is Teresa May also guilty of sitting in the house and saying nothing when Amber Plodd was lying through her face?

WORSE of all we now have to put up with the deplorable Diane Abbott on TV for endless Interviews and she will I have no doubt see this as a victory for Labour and the call for the "Windrush debacle" to remain firmly in the political domain even though the Home Office has agreed to sort it shit out.

Personally I would have done the deal where Rudd resignes, "Windrush children stay" and Diane Abbott gets fucking deported.

I was just about to post roughly the same. This happened on May's watch as HS, and Rudd couldn't say a word without weakening her bosses position further.

Well now Rudd has gone, the 'silver lining' is that it leaves Theresa May in the line of fire and badly exposed.

I don't expect the media will call her out though and she'll bumble along ruining everyone's lives for a while yet.

Michael Gove called Amber Rudd "courageous" and "brave".

Dearie me she didn't fight in the war did she?

Nothing brave or courageous in not having a clue whats going on in her department.

Jeremy CHunt described himself as "devastated" by her resignation. Really Jeremy? I would have thought Windrush families torn apart by government policy could say they were "devastated", but maybe that's just me?

Yup what she offically said was no actionable targets, but in house targets from the testimony I saw. Small point or order there but wrong all the same. Not exactly a sexed up BS dossier on Iraq nuclear capability for example.

May went further and backed her target instructions didn't she. With the careful caveat of 'illegal immigrants'.

When those at the top are covering their backs and being 'strong and stable' what hope does anyone below that level stand when they're dealing with out of date answers and instructions?

Abbott is getting on my chips with the croaky sad voice routine. Shame on the Tory's absolutely, but shame on Labour and the Libs as they didn't deal either.

I saw a Labour election thing tonight - they should hardly be proud with the bullshit it contained.

With every passing day my disdain for politicians grows and grows.
Never one to miss an opportunity the Tories just so happen to deem that the next Home Secretary should be of asian origin whose parents were commonwealth immigrants coming to the UK in the 60's. What a coincidence that such person is the next Home Secretary tasked with sorting out the Windrush debacle. How come Mr Javid wasn't the best person less than two years ago when this issue was not at the forefront?.
Of course there is absolutely no problem with a person of ethnic origin being Home Secretary. But why him ?, why now?. A puppet for Theresa May as the Tories row furiously to the shore over Windrush and immigration and desperately try and show they are oh so for the people whatever your ethinc background. They must think we are stupid.

Hadn't missed my attention the appointment was 'optics led' although fairness, I think he's one of the better to be fair.

Politics today - the very nature of his appointment gives rise to extra questions. Whether he's the right man, capable etc goes behind the nature of his appointment.

He's actually hamstrung from the beginning on that basis whilst others use him to cover their backs. Knowing that's the undercurrent, Labour will already be building dossiers to pull him down. Clearly the country isn't important, it's about politics and their own self growth!

It's a disgrace. It stinks to high heaven. Why would she possibly order a three line whip if they are serious about getting to the bottom of it?

'Cover up' springs to mind for some reason. Theresa May should hang her head in shame. Instead, she'll sit tight until the news cycle moves on.

The mind boggles doesn't it. Well, no it doesn't. I think it's abundantly clear why she 3-lined if that was in fact the case.

It suits the top table to keep the fall guy May in number 10 until all the Brexit shit is going on, BoJo knew it was a hot seat thats why he never pushed (or anyone else) to actually depose May after her shocking performance at the last election. The 1922 committee wont want her going anywhere until the Brexit outcome is decided.

If its good its a pat on the back for all those who supported her, if its a clusterfuck then its off to the back benches with the rest of the Rudds.

I do think May will step down before the next election and move into the House of Lords.

But for now nothing must threaten her position as PM, three line whip to ensure she stays exactly where she is in the firing line.

I often wonder if May realises the position she's in or has she become that enamoured with the top job she doesn't care. You'd also have a hard time convincing many the 3 line wasn't with her permission/instruction etc.